Find out what’s happening to the OnePlus 3 & 3T.

1. kasm2007
    Donut Jun 22, 2017

2. Adibuzzaman Chowdhury
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2017

3. joaoaa8
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

joaoaa8 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Well let me just say I don't agree with you when you say these phones are as good as a soap bar after a year. Of course you're entitled to think so, nonetheless.

After almost 2 years using the OnePlus 2, I've got to say that, though it isn't the best regarding battery life, it is a pretty solid build. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for, and in these cases you actually get a lot more than the usual for these phone's price caps.

Only now have I started entering the world of custom ROMs, and it wasn't out of necessity because the phone was a throwout after a full year, only because I felt like learning a bit more.

What I'm trying to say is, for the average user (which I believe is the most significant part of OP phone user base) these phones are more than enough and will last for a long while. Does that excuse the fact they stopped supporting previous models out of nowhere? NO. Still, most people don't really care if the phone is running the latest and greatest there is to offer, as long as the phone works well (this is what I get from most of my friends also using OP phones).

Happy threading to all.

otto2 likes this.
  4. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jun 27, 2017

stephenboyo , Jun 27, 2017 :
    In a sense I agree with you both. I don't think the OP phone is as good as a soap bar after 1 year, OP tends to ignore it's older brands once it starts the breastfeeding process with its latest flagship killer baby everything else takes a back seat. That is sad but not unexpected and the phone's are very solid largely because they are quite powerful and you can generally flash custom ROMs with ease. However I do feel sorry for OP3T owners who are now caught in a dilemma of having spent so much money on the 3T they now have to decide on whether to buy an OP5. But that is totally unnecessary as both phones are literally the same save for a few tweaks to the OP5 specs.the 3T still carries some advantages over the OP5 and it's 6gb Ram makes it very future proof. The luckiest folks are the OP3 owners whose phones were priced at a much lower price point than the OP 5, again the difference between all 3 phones in everyday life is negligible. OP's cameras are not the greatest so if one is a smartphone camera enthusiast best to look elsewhere at Samsung or Pixel however for everyday use all three OP phones are equally good. People with the 3/3T needn't worry about ditching their phones. The OP5 is really for those still on OPO and OP2 wanting to upgrade or any newcomer. It's really only spec-envy or addiction that is driving some 3T owners into ditching their phones. Problem is you'll still end up spending so much money on the OP5 only to end up staring at the same old phone as your 3T. No point!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  5. joaoaa8
    Donut Jun 27, 2017

joaoaa8 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    yep, basically that's it. The build in these phones allows the average user to maintain a fully functional device for a long time without having to deal with issues such as the phone starting to get slow or something else in the same spectrum of problems that are common on lower end phones bought for the same price as OPs.
    My OP2 is, at the time, fully functional and I sincerely don't feel like an upgrade is needed.

otto2 likes this.
  6. F_Prince_Ramesh_snAc
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2017

7. G_SoarWithThe_Sky_UHWZ
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2017

8. F_Aditi_Kapur_bXqs
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2017

9. Mohit_S
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2017

Mohit_S , Jun 30, 2017 :
    It means OnePlus 3 and 3t for OnePlus 3t

10. Mohit_S
    Gingerbread Jun 30, 2017

Mohit_S , Jun 30, 2017 :
    Which one is the recent update?

11. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 30, 2017

luigimario , Jun 30, 2017 :
    I might suggest the Axon 7. Sure it's last year, but it's decent phone with comparable specs, and a more than reasonable price.

12. csabreu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 1, 2017

csabreu , Jul 1, 2017 :
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it better. Although, it seems to not have support from the community which is a crucial factor to me, since I'm bound to install custom ROMs. It's a shame since it looks a nice phone.

I have my eyes set for the OP3T and Xiaomi Note 2 for now, which are available new on geekb...ing. The Nubia Z17 seems also an amazing device and a lot cheaper than the OP5, with even better specs. However, community support is not guaranteed, unfortunately. The Mi6 would be also another potential candidate if it wasn't for the smaller 5.15" screen :(

Edit: My bad, the Axon 7 indeed has community support. I was on the Axon 7 mini page by mistake when I've first done a quick search in XDA.

13. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 1, 2017

luigimario , Jul 1, 2017 :
    when I bought my OP3 last year, I was leaning towards the axon 7, but what swayed me was the community and Dev support for the OP3 and the fact that rooting doesn't void your warranty like on the axon. if you can get a 3T, I would suggest that for the previous reasons. the axon is better for media IMO, but I feel like the 3T can last longer because of custom ROMs.

csabreu likes this.
  14. shomyl
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2017

15. G_Akhil_Sai_svrD
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2017

G_Sunil_Pareek_nltF likes this.
  16. F_Ankit_Patil_KSVr
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

17. IRSHAD.ABDULLAH
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2017

IRSHAD.ABDULLAH , Jul 7, 2017 :
    What is this KIA?

18. G_John_Goundry_IKcW
    Donut Jul 8, 2017

Stoner65 likes this.
  19. F_Ng_Wei_Xuan_Qzmg
    Donut Jul 10, 2017

Stoner65 likes this.
  20. Mohin123
    Eclair Jul 10, 2017

Mohin123 , Jul 10, 2017 :
    is there a possibility of one plus 3T receiving latest version of Android 8 if yes then when.

G_Sunil_Pareek_nltF likes this.