Finger print scanner gone after android 10

1. drnishant87
    Donut Aug 4, 2020

drnishant87 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Hello everyone

Everything was just fine and then one bad day I updated my one plus 5 to android 10 which came through system notification..just after the update my phone's fingerprint scanner button is vanished.. Neither the fingerprint scanner working nor it is working as a home button...In security settings there is nowhere I can find the fingerprint option...

I did hard reset, not resolved...checked it with factory mode..the option for fingerprint auto test is also not working.. Screen shots attached below
    1596510140224.jpg

1596510140310.jpg

Anyone got the solution?

2. jontalk
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

3. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2020

MentalDraco , Aug 4, 2020 :
    He did :3 read what he tried.

4. jontalk
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

jontalk , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Thanks..in my haste to help, I overlooked that statement. Its odd how the 10.0.0 unstable update affects individual phones differently. I feel fortunate that I decided against installing it and will wait patiently for a stable version.

MentalDraco likes this.
  5. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2020

MentalDraco , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Well hard to say each phone is unique in it's combination of how they have been kept and what was installed on it, roms and who knows what. They're are so many reasons it's almost impossible to assume :3. Sucks of course, but at least it's not the screen, camera or a vital component.

6. jontalk
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

jontalk , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Agreed. I can't remember any update with such an array of issues. Having chatted with support multiple times in addition to email, I'm stumped they have yet to release a stable version for these devices. I've had the update available on my phone for weeks but since 9.0.11 works nicely, I see no reason to install it