Finger Print Sensor Issue- OPT-Response Required from OnePlus Team

?

Are you facing dead Finger Print Scanner issue on OPT after MM Build?

1. YES

38.1%
  2. NO

61.9%
  1. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2016

DJSubterrain , Apr 25, 2016 :
    Did he clear his cache....and is "your friend" actually you? :)

TlathamXmahtalT and Abdur Desai like this.
  2. sreenu101
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2016

sreenu101 , Apr 25, 2016 :
    Ya cleaned nd rebooted lots of times. no, its my friend. I helped him to brought it, by sharing invite.

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  3. chirantanad
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2016

chirantanad , Apr 26, 2016 :
    I'm not alone...Many users are facing this issue...No one responded from OnePlus Team...Hope they investigate the issue properly and come out with a fix/solution.

Can hardware be the culprit? If you guys noticed, FPS is over sensitive...Do you think, it's causing the hardware failure?

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  4. GerardTB
    Froyo Apr 26, 2016

GerardTB , Apr 26, 2016 :
    This weekend I suffered the FP problem, I am in android 6.01 (H2 OS 1.4 OTA3). I explain the situation.

Without doing anything, when I tried to unlock the phone with the FP, the phone vibrates but doesn't unlock, I have restarted it, and the FP and Home button doesn't work. I disabled the Google App, and with the process all updates of the app were uninstalled, the phone restart itself and the home button and FP works again. So, I can confirm that is something related with the google app. Why my phone had this problem, I have no idea, maybe for an update of google play, I guess, but I'm not sure.

If sombody suffers problems with FP and he or she had Android 6.01, try to disable or uninstall the updates of google app.

5. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Apr 26, 2016

SoniaB , Apr 26, 2016 :
    Warranty would be void if there was actual physical damage to your device or if there was water damage.
    In your thread (in the India support section https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-fingerprint-sensor-not-working-oxygen-os-3-0.442595/), you confirmed that the service centre said that you needed a new display and they would order one for you. It was going to take 5 days I think you said. You were not happy about that and I tagged India admins in your thread. @ameyakh replied to you in that thread and asked for your job sheet number to take it forward.
    FPS issues can be hardware and/or software related. Not everyone is facing issues with their FPS. I am one of those that is not.

You confirmed previously that you flashed older firmware and the FPS issue persists. You did the FPS test and it showed as FAIL. The service centre themselves have stated that you need a new display. All that points to hardware fault in your device.

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  6. chirantanad
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2016

Thanks for the reply! But the service center did it within three days! It was fixed! They had to change the entire display of my phone....It was free of cost! :)

Thanks for being so awesome and providing such awesome experience!

SoniaB likes this.
  7. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla , Apr 26, 2016 :
    I made a guide about how to re-calibrate accelerometer sensor ( get it working again and re-calibrate it) when it's getting hindered by Google play services long back. never thought it could also hinder FPS from it's working!!

8. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2016

DJSubterrain , Apr 26, 2016 :
    I have a theory (kinda) about this, the google on tap works by long pressing your home key, when you unlock your phone you're basically long pressing the home key, can people having problems try disabling google on tap or google search altogether. Also if you're using Nova, you would need to disable it in the gestures there also or if you're using a custom rom there will be an option for long press home in the button menu, just set it to "None".

I've noticed recently that Google On Tap seems to be enabled by default, on the OpenGapps I use anyway.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016

9. Manas Eapen
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2016

Manas Eapen , Apr 26, 2016 :
    I experienced improvement in fingerprint sensor after MM update. Faster and more accurate.
    I would like to cite an example, earlier after taking shower my finger used to go all wringley and it was difficult to unlock using FP scanner. But now that has changed, FP scanner works smoothly almost 100%.

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  10. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2016

DJSubterrain , Apr 26, 2016 :
    Your finger turns into chewing gum after a shower?

[​IMG]

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  11. Manas Eapen
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2016

Manas Eapen , Apr 26, 2016 :
    Almost...:D

12. chirantanad
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2016

Dude! I ain't trolling! I'm sharing my experience with OPT FPS issue...If you notice, I'm helping people with OnePlus Service Centers and giving details to get it replaced!

13. chirantanad
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2016

Don't tell me what to do!!!! If you are not facing the issue! Consider yourself to be very lucky!

I saw so many people with the same issue in OnePlus Service Centers! Even the engineer was aware of the issue!

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  14. chirantanad
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2016

It's none of you business! People who have the issue are reading my articles and I'm providing them with details regarding service centers in India! We don't have a RMA option like you people! We need to go out to the service center and get it fixed! Even the address mentioned for the service center was wrong in google!

Ranjithsmart likes this.
  15. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2016

DanCtoo , Apr 26, 2016 :
    [​IMG]

16. Ranjithsmart
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2016

Ranjithsmart , Apr 28, 2016 :
    YOUR THREAD IS REALLY GOOOOOOOOODDDDDD......

ONE PLUS TEAM IS NOT AT ALL HELPING IN THIS PROBLEM...

GIVING RS 11000 IS WASTE.RETURN IT TO AMAZON.

17. Ranjithsmart
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2016

YOUR WAY OF THINKING IS REALLY AWESOME.

18. Ranjithsmart
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2016

CAN I KNOW WERE IS THE SERVICE CENTER LOCATED IN INDIA,TAMIL NADU,ERODE.

19. itsmesdn
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2016

itsmesdn , Apr 28, 2016 :
    Nice thread. Even i faced the issue. I updated to the MM build on the first day itself. FPS was working wonders for few days then suddenly one day it stopped. Tried as many fixes as i could find here in the forum but didn't work. I reverted back to 2.2.1 build and FPS is working like before. Also tried clean install didn't work. Waiting for OTA and hoping it will be fixed. OnePlus should have at least responded that they acknowledge the issue or found the root cause and are fixing it etc.

20. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2016

DJSubterrain , Apr 28, 2016 :
    I've disabled using Google Search on ResurrectionRemix with Boeffla's new CM13 kernels and haven't noticed any problem now, also I think people may be pressing the sensor too quickly/lightly, make sure your whole finger is on it.