OxygenOS Fingerprint Authentication (Biometric API call) issues within 3rd Party apps (Payment related)

1. sundude07
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2019

sundude07 , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I hope this is the right place for this question.

My OP7 currently runs on the latest OxygenOS and I am having the following problem:

I have multiple apps that I'm used to unlocking with my fingerprint. I noticed yesterday, that I can no longer do this, even though it was working fine before. When I try setting up fingerprint log in the settings, the sensor symbol does not show up on my screen. The sensor works fine for unlocking my phone.

The fingerprint scanner wasn't getting invoked within the 3rd party applications like (Barclays, TescoPay+, TransferWise) etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reinstalling the Application or registering the finger print again doesn't help at all.

Has anybody else run into this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. kimlo91
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

kimlo91 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Hi,

I have had this exact problem since I updated to Oxygen OS 10. Before then, perfect.

Every banking app I have immediately crashes upon launch and a few other apps also crash upon launch, and LastPass no longer works properly. Basically every app that relies on fingerprint for authentication is crashing or unstable.

For my banking apps, I cleared data, re-installed, same issue. I eventually figured out it was the fingerprint function. I then cleared apps again, set it up, but this time used pin instead of fingerprint setup, and I can use my banking again. It's very inconvenient to not have the fingerprint login.

Unfortunately Oxygen 10.0.1 did not fix this bug. Has anyone found a solution? I hope OnePlus is working on a fix ASAP as this is core functionality.

ziggyson8911 likes this.
  3. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Oct 17, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Submit a bug report here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

4. TomsonThomas24
    Donut Oct 17, 2019

TomsonThomas24 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Hi
    A week before i had a complained with the slider and my phone is Oneplus 7. The problem was rectified and they had to change the Board and the display for the Slider. Now its working well. After this the other issue started Ambient display and Double tap works sometimes only. When asked the service center they said it may be becoz of software issue. Does anybody had the same issues

5. kimlo91
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  6. Simplyroba
    Donut Oct 28, 2019

Best Answer
    Simplyroba , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    hi guys,

for everyone who do not want to do a factory reset. what for me worked was to not only delete all fingerprints, but also to deactive the complete security by deleting the pin, password or pattern (what ever you are using). this does reset a few things in the android system and solved the problem for me. I hope this helps someone!

7. avenger9147
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

avenger9147 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    Hi Team,

Today I checked my phone and same issue cropped up for 2 Banking apps - HDFC & ICICI. Exactly same issue of - Fingerprint Sensor not coming up on these apps otherwise its working fine.

Another issue is Ambient Sensor many a times seems not working as the screen doesnot litup much in daylight or brighter light.

Thanks

Ashish

8. sundude07
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2019

sundude07 , Oct 30, 2019 :

Perfect. Fixed the issue for me. Thanks Mate

9. kimlo91
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM

kimlo91 , Nov 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM :
    Bro, this problem has been driving me crazy and I just didn't think of trying that.

Anyway after trying everything else, removing all security back to a no security state, then setting up pattern and fingerprint again, then setting up all my banking apps again, everything works absolutely perfectly again.

You've literally solved my most annoying issue with this phone since the Android 10 update. Thanks heaps bro, really appreciate you posting your solution.

Anyone else having weird issues with secure apps (like banking, password managers, etc) acting weird/crashing after Oxygen 10 update, definitely try this.

Simplyroba likes this.
  10. Simplyroba
    Donut Nov 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM

Simplyroba , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 10, 2019 at 4:13 PM :
    happy I could help ;)