Fingerprint disappeared via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Niinoo
    Donut Sep 22, 2021

Niinoo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 22, 2021 :
    Hi,

I'm facing an issue on my OP7 PRO where my fingerprint sensor doesn't work anymore... I'm assuming it's the last update, since it worked fine but the day after, my phone didn't recognize my fingerprint anymore...

I restarted the phone and the issue get worse, now the fingerprint (biometric) configuration is no more accessible at all, it disappeared too (see attached photo). I guess the sensor doesn't work or is not detected.

Can you help, I noticed
    1632345024523.jpg
    some people as well are facing this fingerprint problem lately ..

Thanks

2. harshit.b.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2021

Caomhin and Niinoo like this.
  3. Niinoo
    Donut Sep 24, 2021

4. Niinoo
    Donut Sep 25, 2021

Niinoo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 25, 2021 :
    Unfortunately, I tried to wipe the cache as explained in the link in the first comment and restart my phone, but it didn't work, the fingerprint option is till missing ... I'm gonna report it as a bug, hoping they will try to find a solution !

But in the meantime, if someone facing the same issue finds a solution, let us know !

Thanks !

5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 27, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 27, 2021 :
    This is a similar fix, with additional steps, check if the procedure can help.

Remove any screen protector on place so that your finger is hitting the screen directly. If this works, then the screen protector is your problem.

Once removed or If you don't have a screen protector. Clear all Screen Locks completely, Pin, Fingerprint, Pattern and Facelocks etc

Also do a search for biometrics (Lower case) as per the image below, and if its available, Clear the biometrics service App info Cache and App info Storage as well.
    View attachment 1709318
    Restart the phone and set up the Fingerprint once more.

See if that helps.

6. Niinoo
    Donut Sep 27, 2021

Niinoo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 27, 2021 :
    Hi,

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately, it doesn't come from the screen protector for sure...

The fingerprint option is not available anymore (see picture): I can't reset or configure new fingerprints since the option completely disappeared in the screen locks menu, as well as the fingerprint sensor button when unlocking the phone.

I tried :
    - to remove all my screen locks and restart my phone, but still nothing,
    - to search for the "biometric" term but nothing too (see picture).

1632754297747.jpg

1632754039532.jpg
    Still thanks for the help tho !

Caomhin likes this.
  7. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 27, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 27, 2021 :
    No problem 👍

If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

Niinoo likes this.
  8. Niinoo
    Donut Sep 27, 2021

Niinoo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 27, 2021 :
    Cool, I already send a bug reports, so they are trying to help me !

If I get solution, I'll put it here 🙂

Caomhin likes this.
  9. Srishti Chetry01
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Oct 1, 2021

Srishti Chetry01 , Oct 1, 2021 :
    In order to investigate this further we've sent a direct message please check for the same.

Thanks & regards,
    Srishti.