fingerprint issue with my OP 6t

1. jasperjunnu Eclair May 4, 2019

jasperjunnu, May 4, 2019 :
    i have a fingerprint scanner issue with my OP 6t. i have already registered finger print from both hands finger but my phone does not recognise it to unlock, however other applications which uses fingerprint recognises it very well.so i think its a software issue i have already formatted my phone and reset it but it did not help i am currently on oxygen os Beta 9. i have tried non beta oxygen os as well but same problem. can somebody please help me with this?

nikosgr4 likes this.
  2. xnutzii KitKat May 4, 2019

xnutzii, May 4, 2019 :
    Have you read the exact way on how to add a fingerprint? These optical fingerprint scanners are pretty much sh*t. You need to enter your fingerprint twice if possible, just try to get as much of your finger onto it and it may work better, at least for me it did.

3. LegolasX Jelly Bean May 4, 2019

LegolasX, May 4, 2019 :
    remove all your finger prints and enroll them in a dark room.

sachinkulki likes this.
  4. jasperjunnu Eclair May 4, 2019

jasperjunnu, May 4, 2019 :
    you know the funny thing is that the other application uses finger print scanner recognises it very well..

5. xnutzii KitKat May 5, 2019

xnutzii, May 5, 2019 :
    They pretty much don't. My phone unlocks almost every time and recognizes the fingerprint equally bad/well within apps.

Kytharsis, drl431 and jasperjunnu like this.
  6. Atanu Maji Cupcake May 18, 2019 at 6:58 AM

Atanu Maji, May 18, 2019 at 6:58 AM :
    From India, A new OnePlus user.
    Device: OnePlus 6T.
    Fingerprint scanner was slow since the day I started using the phone. So, I read in this forum to calibrate the fingerprint scanner by dialling *#808# and I did. Since then it stopped recognising my fingerprints completely while unlocking the device.
    To sort out the problem/issue,
    1. I deleted all of the registered imprints and re-registered but result were the same, “Not recognised”, “Too many attempts. Fingerprint scanner disabled.” I posted bug report from developer setting under the guidance of OP developer ‘bug Hunter’
    2. As it was under 10 days replacement I called Amazon Customer Care Representative and they suggested a ‘Hard Reset’.
    3. I back-up data and did a soft reset from settings. Duriy and after Android set-up I re-registered fingerprints but while unlocking it didn't work. Then did a Hard Reset from the Recovery. Didn't Work. Downloaded Latest Stable and Open Beta. Reflashed Stable, reattempted with the fp scanner and then flashed Beta, didn't work.
    4. Called OnePlus Customer Care and they suggested me to visit Service Center which 220 km away. Hence Pickup option they referred.
    5. I registered by giving one and another attempts with different finger's imprints, even after registering the brothers finger imprints separately, it failed to recognize.
    6. Then I had to ask for a replacement to Amazon which was a complicated process.
    Summary: Fingerprints are registering, that means Hardware Sensor is okay. It's not recognizing at the time of unlocking the phone but then if there's problem with software OOS, I clean flashed both the firmwares from OnePlus official website. I don't know the actual reason.
    View attachment 1017701

View attachment 1017700

View attachment 1017706