Fingerprint scanner Not Properly Working via OnePlus 8

1. iamsom
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2020

StarboyOP likes this.
  2. frostywolfy
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2020

frostywolfy , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Are you using a third party screen protector? If so, try to re-register your fingerprint. If not, get a reputable screen protector that will work with it.

3. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2020

4. iamsom
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

iamsom , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    You suggest me, who's screen protector op 8 verry friendly using?

5. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 20, 2020

Liehjan , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Whitestone dome glass ;)

6. frostywolfy
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2020

frostywolfy , via OnePlus 3T , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Look at reviews that is your best bet. If not go to an official oneplus store and get it replaced there.

7. Anna0136
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2020

Anna0136 , Nov 10, 2020 :
    Not sure if this needs a new thread or not. My finger print scanner isn't working. Here's the kicker: it works with everyone else who registers their prints.
    I recently broke the screen, got it replace then noticed this issue. Brought the phone back right away. I let the guy working on it register his prints to test it out. After he worked on it, it worked great for him.
    I registered my thumb, nothing. I tried repeatedly on that thumb and all my fingers. Nothing. We tried a new print from him- worked great.
    This is since fixing the screen but it doesn't make sense that it works for someone else not me. My hands aren't wet, I'm not wearing lotion, idk what the deal it. Like I said it worked before.
    This is the strangest part: since you can register multiple prints, I tried instead of different fingers, doing the same thumb multiple times. It won't let me, because IT RECOGNIZES THE PRINT. so it recognizes that I have this thumb saved, but to open the phone or app with it, it does not recognize it. Keep in mind... It works with other people's fingers we tried registering. We're both stumped. There's no protective glass on the phone. I don't understand what the deal is

8. StarboyOP
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2020

Anna0136 likes this.
  9. vijay_2001
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2020