Fingerprint Scanner

1. tayalp4 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

2. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 12, 2019

xnutzii likes this.
  3. Br4ndz Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Br4ndz, Feb 12, 2019 :
    I believe that this is more due to an hardware issue since the scanner is actually embedded into the screen.

Most obvious fix is to update your firmware otherwise,

I found that "lightly" & firmly applying your finger onto the screen fingerprint sensor when first adding a new fingerprint helps & solved most of my issues in regards to incorrect fingerprint recognition.

When you firmly press the fingerprint - it reads the whole fingerprint as absolute recognition instead of partial areas of your fingerprint, which is why lightly applying fingerprints helps.

Let me know if this helps you too

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

tayalp4 likes this.
  4. felipemendes Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2019

felipemendes, Feb 12, 2019 :
    If it says "too many attemps. Sensor disabled" means that you should try another way, with a pin, password or pattern.

5. Br4ndz Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Br4ndz, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Thanks for your help - help is always welcome however, they're asking about "solutions/how to fix fingerprint recognition issues" not how to gain access after many failed attempts.

6. felipemendes Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2019

That's the problem when there's not enough information. Specific solutions only come to specific problems. Let's hope the OP tells us better what's her problem.

7. Br4ndz Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Br4ndz, Feb 12, 2019 :
    She specifically stated what she wanted if you look over the post again :)

8. felipemendes Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2019

I won't argue with you, as we're both trying to help. But "sometimes" may be:
    When it's dark
    When it's lit
    When it's wet
    When it's dirty
    When it's with a different protector
    When the sensor had rubbed against the skin for too many read attempts
    When the firmware is old

So, "sometimes" is not enough information...

Cheers.

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  9. V1543984526694 Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

V1543984526694, Feb 12, 2019 :
    I have found the scanner doesn't work as well as the one on my older phone. I just have to remember to wait a bit longer for it to be recognized. I've also found if my hands are wet or extremely dry, my prints often aren't recognized, and forget it if I've been eating chicken and haven't completely washed my hands. You can also adjust the number of attempts in the settings before requiring another method. I did that myself, but I can't recall off the top of my head how I did it. Just look around the settings.

10. folklore Cupcake Feb 14, 2019

folklore, Feb 14, 2019 :
    PLEASE, please add finger swipe to fingerprint scanner to bring down shade and check notifications. This feature is missing and is has been available on most Android phones since 2016!!!.

11. Br4ndz Cupcake Mar 6, 2019

Br4ndz, Mar 6, 2019 :
    Just use the face unlock feature or Google voice to unlock :)

12. VinceCgto Gingerbread Mar 7, 2019

VinceCgto, Mar 7, 2019 :
    I feel like there's a difference between unlock animations, I guess it has something to do with the available light?
    A week ago I switched from 'Stripe' to 'Wave' and I'm definitely seeing a difference in speed.