Fingerprint sensor is longer able to sense anything via OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Reji_Mathew_zimK , via OnePlus 5T , May 28, 2020 :
    so folks after i updated my android os from 9 to10 i tried to setup new fingerprints . so i deleted the old ones and tried setup new ones .
    The problem is the fingerprint sensor is constantly displaying that the sensor is dirty and to clean it
    so i tried the obvious thing by cleaning using alcohol swabs yet the problem is not solved
    if anyone else is facing the issue or knows how to solve the issue pls do help me.

2. PRASHANTJHIRWAL , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , May 29, 2020 :
    Hello i had the same problem then tell you the suggestion i got

Power off your device. You can do that by pressing power button and selecting “Power off”.
    Once device is completely shut down, press and hold Volume down and power key simultaneously until you see OnePlus and Android logo.
    Release the keys.
    Now select your preferred language.
    Tap on “Wipe Data and cache”.
    Then select “Wipe cache”.
    Give your consent to wipe cache by tapping on “Yes”.
    Now reboot your device.
    All the cache data will be cleared now.

4. G_Reji_Mathew_zimK , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    yeah bro the first thing I did was to wipe the cache after the update as it is suggested to solve most of the problems. The only thing I haven't tried yet is the factory data reset. what would be your suggestion regarding that.

5. G_Reji_Mathew_zimK , via OnePlus 5T , May 29, 2020 :
    i am ready to factory data reset the phone bro but is it is the correct procedure to solve fingerprint sensor issue or could it be anything related to hardware rather than software?

6. PRASHANTJHIRWAL , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , May 29, 2020 :
    bro it's your choice to factory data reset but I'm not suggest you, when I facing finger sensor lock problem then wipe cache and sensor or other minor issue solve, if you want factory reset then may be solve many software issue but hardware please check on one plus care app to full check up......

G_Reji_Mathew_zimK likes this.
  7. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator May 29, 2020