1. SourabhJain1997
    Froyo May 30, 2020

nolandc and tonarmshq like this.
  2. tonarmshq
    Froyo Jul 8, 2020

3. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Update your Launcher to the latest version 4.5.6 from Playstore or from the link below.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...-6-200702223829-ea61484-android-apk-download/

Then Clear the OnePlus Launcher App info Cache.

Also clear all Screen Locks, Pin, Fingerprint, Facelocks etc

Clear all Smart Locks as well.

Restart the phone.

Setup the Fingerprint again.

See if that helps.

4. tonarmshq
    Froyo Jul 8, 2020

tonarmshq , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Already did. Nothing helps. But what does the Launcher have to do with the Fingerprint unlock?

5. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

The Launcher is where your main display is, it controls how you interact with the phone and apps.

Not sure how integrated it would be with Fingerprint, but wouldn't hurt to try and see if it helps in any way.

Let us know how that works for you or not as the case may be.

6. tonarmshq
    Froyo Jul 8, 2020

tonarmshq , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Using Nova Launcher by the way

7. nolandc
    Eclair Jul 8, 2020

nolandc , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I have a similar issue but doesn't sound as extreme as yours. My issues is that my right finger suddenly stopped working with the finger print scanner to unlock the device. I use 3 profiles for my one finger andd it still will not unlock the device. My left finger works without issue. I have tried deleting finger profiles and re making them, without any luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Ps. I use a fingerprint scanner at work to clock in and out. I use the same right hand finger with out issues...

8. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

For testing purposes. Try going back to the OnePlus Launcher, you can change back to Nova later. And see if the issue replicates with OnePlus Launcher, if it doesn't immediately happen, try it for a day or 2. Just to check if Nova is the cause.

9. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

I know you may use it on a dedicated scanner, they will be more accurate as they are made for that purpose.

But I wonder is it possible some scar tissue or some difference on the skin of the finger not working is causing the fail.

As you say your other finger works fine. So I would imagine its not the scanner on the phone. And it does allow the setup. But something with your digit fingerprint profile is causing it not to be recognised.

That might be very hard to pin down.

10. nolandc
    Eclair Jul 8, 2020

nolandc , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Yeah I thought this as well, that's why I re entered the fingerprint. Should work if I'm scanning in the new "scar tissue", No? And to be honest looking at my finger there's not much going on there... I've had this phone for about 2 years now, I'm sure I've had some scratches on my finger since then without any problems.

11. R1578485642857
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

R1578485642857 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    same thing is happening in one plus 7. Tried everything, still stuck on 'partial fingerprint detected'.

12. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    When you say, Same thing do you mean it detects other fingerprints fine or just the one you have setup, because there are quite a few suggestions to try further up this thread before posting.

13. bgood36
    Eclair Jul 13, 2020

bgood36 , Jul 13, 2020 :
    Dam thing hardly ever works for me. if my jands aremt in the 3xact same condition (carpenter) as when i set it up o simply have to start all over....needless to say, i dont use it anymore

14. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 13, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 13, 2020 :
    In fairness, if your fingers are covered in a material that wasn't present when you setup the Fingerprint then of course it won't be recognised. If it could, then what would be the point of securing your phone with a fingerprint.

It would leave it wide open to abuse as then others could possibly access your phone if they had a similar fingerprint to yours. It has to be accurate to allow for the security.

15. bgood36
    Eclair Aug 2, 2020

bgood36 , Aug 2, 2020 :
    which i understand, im referring more to calluses, cuts or what have you.