[Submitted] Fingerprint sensor not working

1. S1604132641051
    Donut Jul 25, 2021

S1604132641051 , Jul 25, 2021 :
    My fingerprint sensor on OnePlus 8T is not working properly since three days. It's white light turns off and the sensor area becomes gray. Then it doesn't takes my fingerprint no matter what I do. It stops working across every third party as well as OnePlus own apps. After restarting the phone it starts working again for some hours and then again stops working. I think it is a software bug. Please resolve it as soon as Possible. It is very annoying. I am not able to open my whatsapp.

2. Prashanth 27
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jul 25, 2021

Prashanth 27 , Jul 25, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need more details & to get this sorted out at the earliest, We've dropped you a personal message and would request you to respond to the same.

Regards,
    Prashanth.

3. Prashanth 27
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jul 25, 2021

Prashanth 27 , Jul 25, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need more details & to get this sorted out at the earliest, We've dropped you a personal message and would request you to respond to the same.

Regards,
    Prashanth.

4. S1604132641051 , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Jul 25, 2021 :
    I have noticed that whenever the fingerprint sensor stops working, the screen also starts to drag. Although the scroll rate shows 120 hz but in reality I think it drops to about 70. Also, the battery also starts decreasing very fastly after this inspite of engaging battery saver mode. I am having this issue since last three days. The fingerprint sensor area becomes grayed out and shows message that ' finger moved too quick'. Most of the time it works at the screen lock and does not work on apps but sometimes it also stops working at the main screen lock as well. Please solve this issue at its earliest. I think it is an issue with the display. Brightness also starts working abnormally after this. I have noticed that many users also have reported same issue as well.