Fingerprint sensor stopped working

1. Kevin Snare
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2020

Kevin Snare , Oct 25, 2020 :
    Hi.
    I'm having an issue since 2 months with my 7T Pro after getting a software update. The fingerprint sensor has stopped working.

I have tried resetting the fingerprint and re-enrolling, but the fingerprint sensor still doesn't work and gives instantly the error "Fingerprint registration error, please try again". I also tried resetting my phone, and waiting for new updates but none of this fixed my issue.

On the OnePlus forums in a different thread someone had the same issue and people recommended resetting & flashing the older stock firmware. I did that and still the fingerprint sensor does not work with the same error "Fingerprint registration error, please try again", so I think it is a hardware issue.

Please help me with this, very disappointed about the fingerprint not working. My 7T Pro is still under warranty. Thanks

2. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Sometimes tampered glass cause fingerprint issue. Check that and visit service center.

3. voliviavv24
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2020

voliviavv24 , Oct 27, 2020 :
    recently my fingerprint sensor also stopped working. I tried all possible ways to advise on the Internet but nothing helped

4. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Visit service center