Fingerprint sensor visible

1. G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2018

G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Hello everyone!

I've noticed the fingerprint sensor is visible under direct sunlight. A grey circle shows up.

It happens only with the sunlight and it seems not be just an issue of my device beacause I've checked with others.

Could it be due to the green light that is ruining pixels?

(I was not able to take a picture.)

2. AkiMaki
    Donut Dec 23, 2018

AkiMaki , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Dude, the fingerprint on 6t is a small camera under the screen. It's obvious that there's a "hole" to see [e]1f602[/e] watch jerry rigs everything on YouTube, he's showing how the inside of 6t looks like.

Wahoux, Marcin Malak and Sargo like this.
  3. G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2018

G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej , Dec 23, 2018 :
    I know how it is made. It's not obvious to see it, you don't see it usually and I'm talking about a grey circle on the screen, as bigger as the green light that illuminate the finger.

I don't see the sensor, it seems more a display issue. I'll provide a picture when I'll be able to take it.

4. G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2018

5. Neddard
    Lollipop Dec 23, 2018

Neddard , Dec 23, 2018 :
    If you think it's a defect, you should open a support ticket.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

6. G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2018

7. Wahoux
    Lollipop Dec 23, 2018

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Dec 23, 2018

elanglois , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Green light can't hurt the pixels.

Obviously, the green light must be able to shine through the Amoled display to see the finger above, so when strong enough sunlight shines down, the reverse would also hold true.

Its an optical sensor, not sonic. Cheaper tech has some drawbacks over the $1000 phones

G_Mattia_Barbon_lsej likes this.
  9. arjunc28
    Cupcake May 15, 2019

arjunc28 , May 15, 2019 :
    Did you manage to sort this or at least figure out what caused the hole for the sensor to become visible? I got the 6T in November but this morning the problem arose. It's mainly visible in bright light whilst i'm looking at pages with white or other light backgrounds and it's really annoying!

10. Paulo Viana
    Froyo Oct 13, 2019