[Submitted] Fingerprint unlocking doesn't Vibrate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_[SF]_K45P3R_pVdQ
    Donut Dec 24, 2017

G_[SF]_K45P3R_pVdQ , Dec 24, 2017 :
    Before the Oreo update The fingerprint unlock use to vibrate when tap on vibrant was off but after updating to oreo it only vibrates when Tap to vibrate is On. Please fix it in next update.

2. bfly200
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2017

3. ingmarcovera
    Donut Dec 24, 2017

ingmarcovera , Dec 24, 2017 :
    I just updated to Oreo stable version and I could find that vibration for the fingerprint has been disable, I used to wait for the vibration pattern to confirm it has been successfully unlocked or not.

Please add an option just to enable the vibration for the fingerprint, I already try enabling the vibration on tap but I don't like to have the vibration for the capacitive buttons enable

4. raver4444
    Eclair Dec 24, 2017

5. sweggitity
    Honeycomb Dec 25, 2017

6. TheHooDooer
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2017

TheHooDooer , Dec 26, 2017 :
    Tagging onto this thread to confirm the same issue. Though with 100% chance of no vibrate. Really annoyed by this. OP 5 on OS 5.0

7. Thumuhim
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2017

Thumuhim , Dec 26, 2017 :
    I can confirm the behaviour on Oneplus5 OS 5.
    Behaviour on OS 4.5.X series: Home button vibrated when the fingerprint was used to unlock the phone regardless of value on "vibrate on tap" setting.
    Behaviour on OS 5.0: It appears the "vibrate on tap" setting now also affects the fingerprint unlock.

If it was intended as a feature change, how can we officially make a change request to revert the previous behaviour i.e. always on, or a new setting to control the behaviour as user personalisation i.e. always on, or "follow vibrate on tap" please.

8. Mich O.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 4, 2018

Mich O. , Feb 4, 2018 :
    Hello @G_[SF]_K45P3R_pVdQ,

Good day!

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. We appreciate your feedback about this but it's a new design. Since this is not a bug we'll now mark this as "Solved" and close it.

Thank you and good day.

Cheers!