Firmware for Factory-Unlocked, De-Branded HD1907 (7T, T-Mobile variant)

1. piranhaphish
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2021

piranhaphish , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Amazon and other retailers are offering factory-unlocked HD1907 (T-Mobile variant of the 7T) and state that firmware updates will come directly from OnePlus themselves. Will normal 7T firmware images from the OnePlus Support page work on this hybrid model?

This model is normally branded T-Mobile and would typically have firmware updates coming directly from T-Mobile. This device has a T-Mobile/AT&T GSM-only radio and normally sold through T-Mobile, but is being offered directly by OnePlus as an unlocked and un-branded device. So, what firmware does it use? Can I download the full image somewhere? Or will it be dependent on OTA updates?

Also, if I were to test custom ROMs, will they need to be tailored specifically for the HD1907, the HD1905, or something in between?

mikwk likes this.
  2. RAMEEZA2K15
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2021

Last edited: May 15, 2021

3. mikwk
    Froyo May 15, 2021

mikwk , May 15, 2021 :
    ?

4. mikwk
    Froyo May 15, 2021

mikwk , May 15, 2021 :
    I have the same question having bought one of the above mention 7Ts and tired of the slow OnePlus updates. Looking in install Lineage OS. I had that on a OnePlus 1 for many years with great success.

5. X1569870370391
    Cupcake May 28, 2021

X1569870370391 , May 28, 2021 :
    I wouldn't mind a answer to this as well (from someone who has tested thoroughly). I ended up with a 1907 from the Oneplus website even though I didn't choose the T-Mobile option. It works out fine for me because I was about the switch to Mint anyway, but LTE kinda sucks on AT&T and it's a hassle to get it working on Verizon apparently. This thread on XDA seems to suggest that they're all interchangeable. Mine had the global firmware out of the box and that's what I put on using the MSM tool. No issues. Sounds like the European one would work as well. There may not be a NA firmware (meaning 1905 uses the global software and the only difference is in the data bands.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2021