First Impressions - Premium? Really, OnePlus?

1. kalbaz99
    Eclair Sep 16, 2015

kalbaz99 , Sep 16, 2015 :
    Doesn't really sound like a big issue, I have the Lumia 930 now and the vibration is so strong like it's almost ringing. I don't really like it, it gets me noticed in every lecture lol !

2. Sera69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2015

Sera69 , Sep 16, 2015 :
    Can't disagree at all about being give a choice between OPO and OP2, i'd choose the One every time. Far better device in almost every respect. It loses only slightly on specs, but those specs are so poorly implemented in the 2 that the One i still a better choice.

moviscop likes this.
  3. direland
    Eclair Sep 16, 2015

direland , Sep 16, 2015 :
    Oneplus made an even bigger mistake losing cyanogen as its OS partner. It is the single greatest fuckup in start up company history. The cm12 or 12.1 has castrated this phone back to the stone ages. Camera sucks balls now. Video recording goes in and out of focus and all the options for both are gone. Network connectivity is ****** unless you are standing under the stars. All this crap and cm is still better than oxygen OS. Give me my ******* money back you asshats.

moviscop likes this.
  4. vanjarameshbabu
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2015

vanjarameshbabu , Sep 16, 2015 :
    if u
    dont like dont buy it a little vibration enough to identify notifications or calls

5. byno

byno , Sep 16, 2015 :
    Great advice to someone who was unaware of the issue prior to purchasing the phone.

moviscop likes this.
  6. TotemoCereal
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2015

TotemoCereal , Sep 16, 2015 :
    You speak as if it's the end of the world when you can simply flash it o_O

7. moviscop
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2015

moviscop , Sep 16, 2015 :
    No offense taken at all. I had a laugh as well. To put it in that context, if this phone was used as a vibrator...it would need to be held at an angle since the phone doesn't seem to spread the motor function throughout the device. It'd be like strategically placing a d***o. ;)

pkair likes this.
  8. moviscop
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2015

Amen. When I heard about the breakup I became instantly less interested in OnePlus and more interested in Microsoft's potential partnership.

9. RazorCharlie

RazorCharlie , Sep 16, 2015 :
    I think it is obvious they rushed the Op2 just like apple does every other generation and sometimes every 2 to three. The op2 is for fanboys/girls only.

10. moviscop
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2015

It's simply not a good phone when you have the new Moto Style for the same price point. That's a rock solid device. This one really took the wind from my sails because I think OP has a ton of potential. If you have the choice between Moto and OP, it's a no-brainer...really.

11. direland
    Eclair Sep 18, 2015

direland , Sep 18, 2015 :
    I realize this but a phone should not get impossibly worse like it has. One of the 1st questions I had before I bought this phone is "how is the camera?" Something Samsung has been offering since the captivate is great photos and video. The answer was awesome. Since then the camera is ******* impossibly horrible. Video is a joke.

Now oxygen OS is like a child programming how to open a cereal box... Stupid. Too many ego's got in the way and nobody could see the bloody light.

12. Desipient
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2015

Desipient , Sep 18, 2015 :
    Good submission. Thanks for sharing!

moviscop likes this.
  13. TotemoCereal
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2015

TotemoCereal , Sep 18, 2015 :
    Still, "castrated this phone back to the stone ages" is a little extreme, when there are many users getting a pretty satisfied experience. You can't expect any smartphone manufacturer to get their OS/UI right the first go, man. I'm not a fanboy at all, but I don't think you should judge that harshly. They are a new company. They have tons of issues to sort out, work flow and talent pool and everything. It didn't take Samsung or Apple or HTC to get their shit right in two product releases. It sure didn't help that they lost CM either, but if you were them, what would you have done? They made the ballsy decision of going ahead and trudging into unsafe waters - being in control of their own OS/UI. They were sh*tting their pants along the way. They weren't even sure if the OP2 would work out. A week before the product release, they released a series of pictures of all their higher-ups in different fields of the product, acknowledging that very uncertainty. At the risk of unpopularising their own product before its own launch. How many companies would do that?

Im just saying, there's more to judgement than simply judging it for what it plainly is now. Let them roll out OTAs, then decide if it is a flop or not. They have never said that it is a perfect phone, regardless of how provocatively worded their current tagline is for the OP2.

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2015

elanglois , Sep 18, 2015 :
    Most ROMs let you reduce the vibration. But you can't fix a week part.

moviscop likes this.
  15. rahuldborse
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2015

rahuldborse , Sep 18, 2015 :
    Great ....a fan of mobile vibrations........you need positive vibrations......

16. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 18, 2015

elanglois , Sep 18, 2015 :
    This has been explained time and again. Its a hardware difference that you can't solve in software and why the **** would anyone want to increase the hardware cost of an ANDROID device to make it support APPLE headphone controls. If you like Apple that much, get an uphold, but dont blame OnePlus for not catering to Apple fanboys

17. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Sep 18, 2015

Shuller , Sep 18, 2015 :
    they said that there is no place in the market and will be only apple samsung and op... so if they strike that high we have to ask better... and I do not something that will make worse customer experience... die in peace fanboy...

18. Faithfull
    Froyo Sep 18, 2015

Faithfull , Sep 18, 2015 :
    Have to agree, after reading various threads of people whinging and moaning about the OP2, i got slighlty nervous about my order but i recieved my OP2 yesterday and i cant put the thing down. Ive got the Apricot wood on the back which feels lovely to touch but overall the phone feels fantastic to hold. I really do feel it is a premium product in those terms, sure there are things missing but you cant have eveything im afraid.

Posted with my OP2 whilst caressing it in my pocket :oops:

Rebekah likes this.
  19. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 19, 2015

elanglois , Sep 19, 2015 :
    Death threats? Where are the moderator's?

1 There will always e competition in this market, and OP will never be #3.
    2 You putting them down for not including proprietary hardware and that's stupid. Don't increase the cost of MY device. Just buy a freaking converter.
    3 Go tell Apple to support Android style headphone buttons and let me know how far you get

Worse customer experience for not supporting a proprietary add-on designed for a competitors device? Get real. You'll find almost no one (if anyone) supports that shit. But a damn adaptor and quit bitching.

20. harsh.garena
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2015