Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spudski76
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2015

mkernbach likes this.
  2. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Aug 10, 2015

sidlittlefield , Aug 10, 2015 :
    While they are patting themselves in the back for transparency, ask yourself when they found out about the delay. Think it was yesterday? Did they delay because #hype?

3. Radeon962
    KitKat Aug 10, 2015

Radeon962 , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Yup. Any way they can keep #HYPE alive will do. So is it 2-3 weeks delay on top of the up to 3 weeks for delivery that was originally noted for the US? October delivery now if one were to get an invite on August 11 and place an order for US customers?

Huzzah_Huzzah and scottyoh like this.
  4. scottyoh
    Froyo Aug 10, 2015

scottyoh , Aug 10, 2015 :
    This doesn't really clear any thing up besides the fact that people in North America will have to possibly wait up to a month and a half to receive the phone if they purchase it Tommorow. This is if it will still take 2-3 weeks for people in Europe to receive their phones.

Huzzah_Huzzah likes this.
  5. pscott37
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2015

pscott37 , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Nuts but at least we have some info and now can have a more realistic expectation of delivery.

6. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Aug 10, 2015

SoniaB , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Of course they knew before today, but then it becomes a question of exactly when to say. There would never be a good time.
    At least they have said rather than have users questioning why there is no shipping info especially since Europe seems to be getting their orders.
    #HYPE still goes on ... lets just hope its not a lengthy delay like it was for the Canadian shipping suspension - few weeks turned into a few months

Huzzah_Huzzah and MustBeTrippin like this.
  7. Semmotorsports
    Eclair Aug 10, 2015

8. EndlessCookies
    Donut Aug 10, 2015

9. faisalv

faisalv , Aug 10, 2015 :
    So now i'm waiting for the announcement that the OnePlus 2 shipping is gonna be delayed in Europe.

10. mohangowda
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2015

11. takerhbk
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2015

12. sketdansuu
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2015

sketdansuu , Aug 10, 2015 :
    OP must be confident with their product, forgoing a months head start giving Moto a chance to steal the thunder once again...

nickcast likes this.
  13. alexis.bosman

alexis.bosman , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Love your transparency! Thank you very much :)

14. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Aug 10, 2015

It is a basic sign of incompetence. The US is the biggest market and they can't get their phones here on time. This re-affirms the basic criticism that they spend all their time running around with their hair on fire screaming "HYPE!" but then can't cover the basics of their business. Combine this with Carl's slip about the third phone and I return to my basic sentiment that OnePlus is in serious need of a grown-up to focus and monitor the children.

I was here for the PayPal fiasco and it looks like they have learned nothing beyond a succesful marketing scheme.

15. Peter8169
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2015

Peter8169 , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Glad you apologized before the hate :p
    Although that doesn't mean I'm less sad xD

16. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Aug 10, 2015

Don't hurt yourself by patting yourself on the back. If you want to be transparent, let us know when OnePlus learned that they had screwed so badly as to miss the release date of their phone in the biggest market in the world.

joepalmr, nufob82 and Huzzah_Huzzah like this.
  17. ajsail944
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2015

18. jsims19pe

jsims19pe , Aug 10, 2015 :
    That is bad news but at least you tell us and not try to hide it. Plus if I get my invite and can order it, just knowing it's coming will be enough to hold me over.

19. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Aug 10, 2015

SoniaB , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Was it a slip though, or part of the Carl and #HYPE?
    You make valid points, no doubt this will affect them in terms of sales especially if the delay is more than 2 or 3 weeks. Watch this space.

20. Methiri

Methiri , Aug 10, 2015 :
    I feel sorry for US fans. So that's nearly October for the earliest people. The Nexus and Mi5Plus specs will be confirmed by then, hard to keep the faith with all these balls ups.

Huzzah_Huzzah and jimberkas like this.