First reactions to the OnePlus 6

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Apr 26, 2018

Ruby G. , Apr 26, 2018 :
    OnePlus 6 First Look.png

A few weeks ago, everyone working on OxygenOS at our Open Ears Forum in San Francisco got a nice surprise. At the end of the day, they were invited into a back area and allowed to go into a secret room three at a time, where they got to go hands on with the OnePlus 6! We put together some of our favorite reactions in the video below. Enjoy!

Some of my favorite moments:
    "Not gonna lie, look how sexy it is – wooow."
    *Christmas morning look on his eyes* "It's so smooth."
    "It's like freakishly fast."

After months of long hours and intense work, it was gratifying for our team to hear firsthand so many comments about the speed and beauty of our latest flagship. We can't wait until this phone is shipped out so that all of you can experience the devices for yourselves.

Never Settle.

2. royz0r
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2018

3. Devamgala
    Froyo Apr 26, 2018

Devamgala , Apr 26, 2018 :
    And I'm still here waiting for the removal of oilpainting effect. Oneplus do You even listen?

4. smartbuddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2018

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Apr 26, 2018

dsmonteiro , Apr 26, 2018 :
    I see a random @keithnyc :sweatsmile:

6. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 26, 2018

youbi , Apr 26, 2018 :
    It really seems everyone liked what they saw. :)

BTW, I see that @keithnyc has the same issue that @DRCH had, and also likes to talk dirty to the camera. :p :D

7. dsmonteiro

Are you already on Android 8.1?

8. Devamgala
    Froyo Apr 26, 2018

Yes I'm on beta 7 op5t

K1529147383155 likes this.
  9. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 26, 2018

Cheetosdust , Apr 26, 2018 :
    Thanks @Ruby G.

Jealous? Who, me? Nooooope.

@keithnyc I see you, spill the beans man ;)

Also, is that a white OnePlus 6? :p

10. youbi

youbi , Apr 26, 2018 :
    Well, glad that everyone doesn't have the same tastes, so better if you just speak about your own tastes and not in name of the rest. ;) :p

11. dsmonteiro

Oil painting is pretty much fixed on my OnePlus 5T, to be honest, especially in low light.

12. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Apr 26, 2018

13. Devamgala
    Froyo Apr 26, 2018

Not sure which op5t you're using [e]1f602[/e]but that hasn't been fixed yet.

14. Mahmoud Mahafdah
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2018

bhines5 likes this.
  15. the_reckoner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2018

the_reckoner , Apr 26, 2018 :
    He is being sarcastic. He is too cool.

16. royz0r
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2018

royz0r , Apr 26, 2018 :
    I just miss the days that Oneplus was original in their own way. Nowadays it's just copying.

17. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 26, 2018

18. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 26, 2018

AnonymousWP , Apr 26, 2018 :
    I'm a very big fan of OnePlus since the beginning, but now I'm not really satisfied how OnePlus works. They always showed they make things with the community, and with the opinion of the community. Now if the community says A, OnePlus says B. It annoys me, because I was always a fan of OnePlus, partly because of their transparency. Here are some examples:

• A lot of people didn't want a notch > we get a notch (you can 'hide' it though, which is a good work-around in my opinion)
    • Everyone wanted the old alert-slider back (as in how it is set) > OnePlus said they're working on it (since a year) and they still didn't fix it
    • 10% of the poll wanted glass > OnePlus chooses for glass (which is expensive to repair and easy to break, no matter how many of those 'special' layers you add)
    • People are asking for a RGB wheel for over a year now. I'm not a developer, but I've been told that this is not difficult to implement (especially not when you have more than a year for it). Time after time, we're hearing "we had a meeting about it and it'll be implemented). I know it's difficult to give an ETA, but it cannot take more than a year.

Anyway, I think OnePlus will announce more than 1 texture over time. Won't buy it; my 3 is still fine.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018

19. dsmonteiro

A quick testing outside showed me that pictures taken in bright conditions still have the oil painting effect. But I do notice improvements in low light.

I can assure you I'm not. Neither.

20. youbi

youbi , Apr 26, 2018 :
    So how would you increase the screen ratio and keep the sensors where they make sense?

The notch is nothing more than that, this article from gizmodo explains it quite well. ;)

"By cutting out a portion of a handset’s upper display to make room for a front-facing camera and any other sensors that can be crammed in there, the notch is turning what would otherwise be a boring bezel into something you can actually use.

Sure, it’s not very elegant, and you might not like the way it looks, but that’s not the point. The notch is utilitarian. Getting mad about notches is like being angry about side-view mirrors on cars, or hinges on a door. That is, unless you’re upset that Apple somehow co-opted the entire idea of the notch, which in that case, you’re really just mad about Apple being Apple, which seems a bit petty."