First Use Discharge?

1. StoryOfSunny
    Froyo Jun 9, 2018

StoryOfSunny , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Hi guys
    , so um i've been hearing some weird advice from my friend that we have to actually discharge the phone fully after first use then charge it to full or else there might be problems? what is the full story here and does it really help the batteries? sorry i'm a first time user of one plus , just came over from a Iphone 7 plus so i dont really know anything , the phone is at 2% currently so i need advice fast or else i might noit have a choice anymore

Dark_Matrix_Guru likes this.
  2. T1527335623370
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2018

3. friendsanu1993
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2018

friendsanu1993 , Jun 9, 2018 :
    No obvious benefit from the method your friend advised you for the phone's first time use.
    You can prolong battery life by discharging your phone as low as possible and then charging it all the way to 100 each time. Avoid quick charges like 40% to 70%.
    Please note that it doesn't specifically harm your phone. It's just a way to keep your battery callibrated and is a part of healthy charging.

4. Uddhav Sondkar
    Donut Jun 9, 2018

5. StoryOfSunny
    Froyo Jun 9, 2018

StoryOfSunny , Jun 9, 2018 :
    you sure ?
    ok I'll charge it then

6. friendsanu1993
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2018

friendsanu1993 , Jun 9, 2018 :
    The thing is batteries have a expected life. Each charge discharge cycle takes a toll on the battery life. Now whether you charge it from 10% to 20% or from 10% to 95% , each charging session has some effect on the life. So if you full charge your phone and use it up till almost the battery gets drained out, you need to charge your phone less often.

7. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2018

Dark_Matrix_Guru , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Not true however in the instruction manual of nearly every electronic device it says.... FULLY CHARGE BEFORE FIRST USE

8. Tom_lecter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 9, 2018

Tom_lecter , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Gone through the comments, I really need to tell there is no such rule.

But.. an advice from a power electronics engineer..

DO NOT let your phone battery percentage too low(like below 10%). It will hamper the lifespan of the battery..

SomeBob and xnutzii like this.
  9. xnutzii
    Lollipop Jun 9, 2018

xnutzii , Jun 9, 2018 :
    that's right. NEVER let your battery drop under 10%, it's like if you're getting a fat hit into the face, but just for the battery. (lol?)

Tom_lecter likes this.