Five Years of Never Settle - Join the celebration!

1. T1544362461518 Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

2. Vignesh_chandz Honeycomb Dec 9, 2018

Vignesh_chandz, Dec 9, 2018 :
    What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?

My take on OnePlus's brand is different (as is most people’s).
    To me, over the long stretch, OnePlus's brand is the voice of reason in a 5 year conversation of how to build the best products, coupled with an uncompromising willingness to be the change they want to see in the world.
    A brand has that kind of power. OnePlus has understood this well and has executed on it better than any other company on earth. Without access to inception as a shortcut, they have been defining their brand bit by bit for 5 years. There have been big examples (bringing first ever "big" Ram phones), medium ones (bringing notch), and small ones (elimination of headphone jack). Easily all this done for the community and especially by the community.
    OnePlus's brand means something to almost everyone, and millions of times over, people have voted with their likes, dislikes that it means something good which shaped up any product overall.
    As far as I knew OnePlus has fell for only one thing and that is customer satisfaction (community satisfaction) and they have nailed it better than any other company in world. (even the stats prooves it)

1544376948636.jpg

Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?

One morning I hear a door ring , I past through my breakfast to see who it is, He says " Hello Sir , From Amazon. Here to deliver your Package. To confirm your order it is OnePlus... , I never gave my ear after. Signed it and grabbed my package. And sat besides my 4GB Ram laptop. Rest , is " Slit , Drop , PoP".

2 years back, when the 3t launched with 6GB Ram , I honestly thought it was some Marketing trick but I knew I was definitely getting this back then. It even performed better then my laptop , I must say it made my laptop cry at times.

1 year later , I open Twitter to find a strange poll ,
    Asking Do you need Headphone Jack ? Yes , No ?
    This is then I realised , a company is not shaping up just cuz of the trend or CEO orders, it's just shaping up by us - the community.

1544415288734.jpg

This tweet is a stickey note to my heart , and at times I forget how to forget this tweet ! Such memories with OnePlus are always cherished.

Years passed , I was invited to the OnePlus 6 launch. Grabbing all the goodies from the entry reception I was much delighted to visit all the OnePlus ones I always wanted to.

These memories are up above and down under. And always oped to more memories.

View attachment 903124

View attachment 903125

View attachment 903138

You're Invited is an invitation to the Nostalgia of 5 years

Welcome to the Nostalgic Memories :

View attachment 903136
    I am invited

Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?

Absolutely , The OnePlus POP ups are the most interesting thing happening after Every launch. You get to meet a lot of known faces from the community. Standing there in que with anticipation and excitement of purchasing a OnePlus Phone built entirely by the community with all the members around you is always interesting.

Hey OnePlus fans, developers, creators, backenders, frontiers from other parts of world we should def catch up some day or maybe OnePlus should organise a "World PoP Up" some day where everyone from the community belonging anywhere are invited.
    Come to India , experience our people , culture and the ethnicity of various elements. I am so much down to invite OnePlus community to my country. And Yess we can talk so much about OnePlus and OnePlus ones.
    I also take this as a chance to Congratulate every OnePlus fans around the world for cracking the Guiness world record of the most " SpeedUnlocked".

How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?

Commercially the growth of OnePlus during their 5 years period is massive. But,
    Personally OnePlus's growth is all the about the community getting bigger and bigger day by day.
    And it’s not a great surprise that clever marketing is at the heart of what OnePlus does. To trace the journey of the brand, one has to remember the very first device launched by it – the OnePlus One. Now, can you remember the marketing associated with the device? Kudos if you remember that the device attained a unique positioning in the minds of users via one of the classic and most difficult forms of marketing to achieve – Word of Mouth.
    It has not only achieved my expectations , has surpassed my expectations too.

Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?

Absolutely. Hey OnePlus
    Huge hearty Five Years of Never Settling Congratulations . "Happy Birthday OnePlus at India". it totally feels like OUR birthday and I thoroughly wish everyone a happy celebration.
    Hey Carl , Joel , Manu , Vikas , Szymon , Yash and those I missed (Sorry) we should catch up soon !! And Pete we should definitely meet next time. atleast a pic.! @Ruby G. @JoelJacob @Todd W. @Pete @Crystal Z. @David Y. @Chris dB

1544377631528.jpg

Happy Birthday OnePlus 1+ [e]1f389[/e] and Advanced Merry Christmas [e]1f384[/e] @Trista W.
    1544416962928.jpg

1544416971010.jpg

Never Settling until I get a piece of that Cake [e]1f61c[/e]

( I know I am very late and I am extremely sorry cuz I had exams going on )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

3. L1544372800033 Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

4. addymore Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

5. N1539656129062 Cupcake Dec 9, 2018

6. otto2 Lollipop Dec 9, 2018

otto2, Dec 9, 2018 :
    Hello, @Trista W. and the whole Oneplus staff.
    Congratulations, you made it.
    5 years can be a very long time, especially in the Smartphone market.

I remember very well when I ve heard about Oneplus the first time. A smartphone with an unlocked bootloader, and with a preinstalled commercial Version of cyanogenmod.
    WOW. But wait... An invite needed?
    So I had to wait, but some time later there Was a Black Friday Deal, no invite needed so I ordered my OneplusOne.
    A really great device, right now it 's in use by my mother, still working fine. My OP2 Was the unloved child, loved by myself, it always worked fine, but some how other users had issues, most probably I was the lucky User with a special device--the OP2 is working, too, an ex girlfriend is really happy, she contributed some nice pictures here in the community. OP3/3T, OP5, OP6.... great devices, not perfect, but who s perfect??? Perfection is boring. Oneplus never was boring. Because Oneplus is not only a brand name, not only a bunch of employees some where in a chinese City, far,far away.
    Oneplus is more. Much more. Maybe the staff is not aware of it every day, not everyone of them, but Oneplus is bigger, it 's more. It 's a Brand with an attached community. Not a so called community of fanboys, no Sir, it 's a real community of users, who re more or less interested and bound to the company.
    At beginning I found this place here, ok, a forum like many others. But short time later I found myself in another city, meeting some users on an inofficial forum meetup. Very different people, I would never met in my life without the help of Oneplus. Inofficial meetings went on, New phones got released, Oneplus 3 Euro Tour was my first contact with Staff members. Drinking Killepitsch with @Adam Krisko Was epic. Other Oneplus Events followed, Open ears forum camera brought talented and interested people together, we discussed a lot with leading staff members, there was a lot of questions and - constructive - critics, some changes have been released, some others I can see in Open Beta development. To be honest: I did not await this, direct contact between users and developers is not really usual. But it worked - and works-fine. Maybe not as fast as some people would like to, patience is helpful.

Thanks to Oneplus I met many great, talented and inspiring people, some are staff members, some are users, but all of them are really great people and helped me a lot. Doing an inofficial Photo walk in Hamburg after the event was a great experience with really nice guys. Nowadays I m in contact with users worldwide, visiting them at their home or at community meetings, inviting them to my place, discussing issues, reporting bugs, or just having a good time with some beer, lemonade or what ever preferred. I ve learnd a lot, not only about technology, Image processing, Photography, I ve learned way more important things about mentality, indian mythology (Thank you, @Joel Jakob ), tolerance (Not enough learned, but I m still learning) and the relationship between business and endusers.

I hope, community members in other regions will learn to think global instead of regional, since we re all living at a small ball in this universe.
    Right now Oneplus is growing faster and faster, I hope they will not get too much self esteemed, not forget about that powerful community they have started 5 years ago. If they ll find a way to integrate all that talented and interested people they will survive and grow up to one of the way best brands. Stay open, ask the community, and give the community as mich Informations as possible, be transparent, as mich as possible, and you ll get a big mass of loyal users helping you out when ever needed.
    I did not expect Oneplus to grow so fast, but I m positively surprised.
    So, Oneplus, keep on, give us the best possible devices with great support for a valuable price. If you ever do not know, which way to go-ask the community. We re here to give you a honest answer, maybe you won t like it, but it will help you anyways.

Happy Birthday, Oneplus.

I ve met a lot of people, personally or virtually, users, Moderators, staff members, ex staff members. Tagging all of you seems not legit, I could forget someone, so I just tagged the staff member I ve met personally at latest and the one, who opened up this thread.
    otto2

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

7. V1534783170800 Cupcake Dec 10, 2018

8. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2018

cdnfarmer, Dec 10, 2018 :
    My relationship with OnePlus began as a solution to meet my needs for a reliable, fast, and efficient phone. In the process, I got involved with the community. It’s a place with over 1.8 million users where you can interact, collaborate, share info, argue, and learn from each other (just like any family). Since then, I was fortunate to make some friends as well as meet some community members and OnePlus staff in person. It was amazing. In fact, the time spent together was satisfying deep down into my soul. And now in difficult personal times, some of these wonderful persons are there helping. All because of a phone!!!! No, all because of the friendships built through the phone’s forum.
    OnePlus started as a grass root company to make things better than the status quo for the user. OnePlus is like a family with many diverse people who interact, share, and learn from eachother.

Yes. Many Here are a few: OnePlus provided a platform to meet these wonderful people: @Ruby G. A truly wonderful kind person with great insights. In fact, I see her as a charismatic leader and a cornerstone in the community. @David Y. who is quiet but very kind, caring, and great listener. @script is someone with whom we can share insights and collaborate on photography projects. Because of him and this community great photographers (@TibiTibi , @woSch @Bouncer71 @buntycubal @Shivang Joshi @NeVeR_SeTTLe), I’ve rekindled interest in photography. @YASHPLUSONE who is miles away but found commons grounds and communicate at lengths. @hennes Who built an amazing compression app and who is wonderful to talk with. I look forward to our insightful conversations.

Experience:
    The NYC launch in Oct 2018. It was the first time in 5 years that I got away from regular life to go to a wonderful event that interested me. Seeing the set up, the delivery, and meeting staff and community members was beyond anything I could have imagined. There was a good group of caring people that worked well together. It seemed like we had known eachother for some time. @Baymax, @Kytharsis @luigimario @Android450 @dcmcc24 @wtfhsf @Drewbikscube @The1Lion @Logancd1 @mosesv26 @Hydra Bob . Being there and meeting these wonderful folks was soul touching. It was truly great at building relationships ... Something needed in a digital world. Thank you OnePlus! This experience did more to my well being than what meets the eye.
    IMG_20181029_135745_001_001.jpg IMG_20181028_111718__01_001.jpg
    IMG_20181029_072107__01.jpg

Hi, Bonjour Hola, Guten tag, Ciao.... (there are many other languages spoke in the forum, but this is my extent). So, yes ... HI, Welcome. How are you?

OnePlus has grown a lot since its inception. There are lots of pros and cons yet I still see that they keep to their Motto of Never Settle while balancing the needs of the community and the growth.
    I’m neither the company CEO nor a stakeholder so didn’t really have any expectations on growth. What I can say is that OnePlus has however met my expectations on providing a phone with which I am happy and meets my needs. Not only did OnePlus produced a device, it also helped build friendships.

Congratulations!! Happy 5th birthday! And wishing you many more to come.

Attached Files:

TibiTibi, script, dcmcc24 and 17 others like this.
  9. Android450 Marshmallow Dec 10, 2018

Android450, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Gonna make me cry :)

10. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

Pritam_Dhokale likes this.
  11. woSch Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

woSch, Dec 10, 2018 :
    @cdnfarmer & @otto2 thumbs up for your posts :)
    IMG_20170826_110313~01_001-01.jpeg
    It's always a great pleasure to meet Friends all around the World ... (ok, @otto2 is nearly 'around the corner' ;))
    Happy Birthday, happy Anniversary OnePlus!
    IMG_20180927_101104-01-01.jpeg

12. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

13. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2018

cdnfarmer, Dec 10, 2018 :
    It's the truth. Ahh. Sending you a virtual tissue...:) and hug

Thanks woSch. It sure is great to meet friends from around the world. Great picture btw!!!!!

script, YRJ, Kytharsis and 4 others like this.
  14. woSch Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

script, Bouncer71 and otto2 like this.
  15. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

script likes this.
  16. otto2 Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

otto2, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Because He knows how to do it. Check out Photography section for tutorials and hints.

script, woSch, vijay_lalwani and 3 others like this.
  17. woSch Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

woSch, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Yep ;)

Android450, script and otto2 like this.
  18. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 10, 2018

Plenkske, Dec 10, 2018 :
    1. What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?
    OnePlus (OP) means a lot to me. It is part of my daily routine. I check my messages on Slack, check this forum, do moderating tasks...
    I would describe it as a company thats really connected with their customers. As customer, if you want to, you can easily ask questions to staff members. If there is an event in real life, its sometimes even possible to talk with the CEO or Co-founder.
    For me, personally, OP is the only brand where I feel a connection with. I'm not a person that does this easily. For me the product matters, not the brand. But somehow, OP did it the right way for me.

2. Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?
    Yes, definitely ! I met a lot of people and have had multiple memorable experiences because of OP. The first time I met some people was with a non-official fan meeting in Utrecht (late 2014). And it was great! Everyone that was there likes tech or has some connection with it.
    In the last few years we had more meetings in the Netherlands with some friends that I know because of OP.
    The most memorable experience was the global mod meeting in London, october 2017. It was awesome! And also great to share feedback with the OP staff.

3. Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?
    OP is really a company where it does not matter where you from. OP really is an international brand, and the staff is also a great mix of people. If you have the chance: go to some meeting, fan gathering, product launch or whatever ! Its really great.

4. How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?
    The growth has been good. It really went up starting with the OP3 and when OP got launched in India. What is more important is the growth in Software and Support department. Both have started with problems, but are now really good in my opinion ! Keep it up !

5. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?
    Thank you OnePlus, for making this all possible ! Its so great to meet and talk to people from all over the world. We all love tech, gadgets and the OP products. But we also have our cultural differences. And its good to learn those. Thank you very much for that ! :kissingheart::hearteyes:

In the below spoilers some other things from me :)

This keychain is made by a fan, have it with my keys since somewhere in 2015 !
    IMG_20150313_090850 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20150313_090907 (Large).jpg

OP6 Launch in London
    IMG_20180515_193351 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180516_105802 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180516_105803 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180516_110004 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180516_153200 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180516_153205 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180516_153208 (Large).jpg

We went karting with some OP friends
    IMG_20180929_124043 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180929_124048 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180929_145503 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20180929_145506 (Large).jpg

OP6T Popup in Amsterdam
    IMG_20181031_150045 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20181031_154928 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20181031_150111 (Large).jpg

Backpacks, hoddie, OP3T with dbrand skin
    IMG_20180608_185323 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20181122_195533 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20181031_221054 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20181030_194820__01 (Large).jpg

Snooky092, YRJ, superplus and 6 others like this.
  19. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 10, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Very nice post, just what I needed to read this morning :)

And thanks for the links, just read the one about your first year here on the forums, it's always great to read posts from what seems like another era around this place.

Here to the next five years and have a very nice and sunny week, or like they say over there, "A very nice and sunny Oliebollen". :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

YRJ, superplus, Plenkske and 4 others like this.
  20. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 10, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 10, 2018 :
    So touching!!! :(
    Nice story :) Thank you for sharing and thanks for a tag ;)