Five Years of Never Settle - Join the celebration!

1. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 10, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Hey buddy ;)
    Remember this picture? I took this picture and I think I posted it in the Monthly Thread:

[​IMG]

You shot a different one where I quoted, "I believe I can fly" :D :D hahahaha

2. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

3. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

Icecreamypie, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Using op 5 or 6

4. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 10, 2018

Bouncer71 and otto2 like this.
  5. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

I don't know why all camera of op phones except 5t and 5
    Are better

SandeepNaik091 likes this.
  6. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 10, 2018

OnePlus 5 is good too. The 5T is no slouch either, you just have to know how to shoot :p

otto2, script and woSch like this.
  7. woSch Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

woSch, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Yep, that was fun!

for all wondering
    IMG_20180706_202315_01-01.jpeg
    I believe I can fly ...
    IMG_20180706_202310_01-02-01.jpeg
    ... 'cause walking didn't work either

(OP5T)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

Bouncer71, otto2, cdnfarmer and 6 others like this.
  8. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 10, 2018

Bouncer71, otto2 and woSch like this.
  9. durgraj17 Gingerbread Dec 10, 2018

Icecreamypie likes this.
  10. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

Problem is oil painting

11. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 10, 2018

It is fixed to some degree but you can still get some great shots with it.

otto2 and woSch like this.
  12. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 10, 2018

Plenkske, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Haha thanks !
    Oliebollen are usually eaten when there is a funfair in town. And nationally most are eaten on new years eve, or in general on the day 31-12.

[​IMG]

otto2, YRJ, Cheetosdust and 1 other person like this.
  13. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 10, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Wait, what? Oliebollen are actually a dessert?

@superplus and @Rick Manders told me that "Oliebollen" was "Week" in Dutch :oops:

Oh no, just the other day I told someone "My last couple of Oliebollen were rough" o_O

(I'm kidding, they actually told me they were delicious and they look lovely ;))

otto2, NeVeR_SeTTLe, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  14. woSch Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

woSch, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Just to please you :D;)

otto2, script, YRJ and 1 other person like this.
  15. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 10, 2018

Plenkske, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Hahahah, they could indeed be rough. Especially when you eat too many and combine it with beer and other food :eek:

Oliebollen are a snack. The basics inside are dough, milk, butter and eggs. Then there are a lot of different possible flavours to add. Some even create a beer taste to it. They are always deep fried. Just like other dutch snacks: frikandellen and kroketten.

oke that was enough off topic in here, I'll try to eat 5 Oliebollen for the 5 year celebration of OnePlus :)

otto2, script, NeVeR_SeTTLe and 3 others like this.
  16. The1Lion Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

The1Lion, Dec 10, 2018 :
    What's this all aboot eh? ;):D

Kytharsis, otto2, cdnfarmer and 2 others like this.
  17. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

palc, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Hey, sorry late to the party. Just stumbled upon this thread and I thought I'd leave my thoughts too.

Just a bit of a background here.. I knew about the OnePlus brand and the hype since the beginning, that is since OnePlus' inception. But never had the chance to get onboard with a OnePlus device until the OnePlus 3, especially due to economical issues. Although my friend had the OnePlus One. Those were the days when people rocked HTC One M7, M8 and Nexus devices. Also, those Sony Xperia devices coz of the waterproof thingy. And Samsung Galaxy S series devices coz of the Feather Touch thingy. Atleast that's what I knew them for. And definitely, some of those devices were superior to OnePlus One in terms of design or brand-value or camera. But OnePlus had raw power in it that attracted me. The speed OPO had in load times, I didn't see any smartphone beat it. And I've literally seen HTC One M8 struggle to load Temple Run (I'm talking about that phone coz most of my friends had it and hyped too much about it.) Nexus, although still felt snappier. But that Sandstone back and the speed of OnePlus devices, and the price. That was something that attracted me to the brand and made me believe in it. Even though I liked the phone or the brand, I never really knew about this whole community thing. That is, until I got the OnePlus 3. Researched a lot about it when it released and that is when I joined this community. And today, I can proudly say, I love this community and this feeling we all members share much much more than I love my phone, and that doesn't mean I love my phone less. This community is an integral part of the OnePlus experience I believe. It's an experience, an emotion or may I say an emotional experience.. I think I better get to the questions now as I've already started answering some of them.

What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?
    OnePlus is not just a smartphone brand. It is a personal sort of feeling, an emotion that I'm sure we all feel when the name OnePlus is mentioned. Ask Samsung or LG users if they feel more attached to their smartphone or their smartphone brand. I'm pretty sure the answer would be smartphone. They are not attached to the brand. But I believe most OnePlus users would answer the same question as they're more attached to OnePlus as a company than they're to their OnePlus smartphone. And I'm sure many other people who don't use OnePlus smartphones but are a part of this community too would agree to the same. I believe in OnePlus and if it fails, I don't abandon it just coz there's no one else offering better value for money or there's no one else good enough. I keep expecting that they'd listen and keeping telling them through various forms. This OnePlus community feels like a whole big family and I'm sure many members here would testify. For a smartphone brand to get so close to the hearts of masses? That's a feat OnePlus has achieved, not in 5 years, since it's inception. The idea of connecting to the users at a personal level, holding meets, pop-ups, and even at this forum... It's really overwhelming for us users to see coz I personally have not seen any company of any kind do this except for the ones that focus on hospitality services. XD And that experience hasn't left even when OnePlus grew. We have staff members communicating with us here on the forum and it really feels special to a user like me.
    We all want to be a part of something bigger. I'm sure we're all parts of quite a few bigger things but I'm glad I can count OnePlus amongst those. And this is what, I think, best describes what OnePlus means. To sum up so much in one word is sort of important. All users, no matter what, can relate to the company in some or the other way. It's this feeling of security, oneness and trying to become the best - the "Never Settle, Keep Going" motto - that means OnePlus. (Just added Keep Going coz it sort of felt in place and felt like it strengthened the spirit.)
    And to OnePlus who achieved this feat, I'd like to congratulate on this occasion of 5th Anniversary.

Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?
    Yes, many. As I mentioned in the previous answer, OnePlus is mostly about community and not just the phone. It's about the experience.. There are many occasions where strangers would walk up to me and say like "Hey, is that a OnePlus phone? Can I see it?" and within seconds we'd start talking about how the brand evolved and is a sensation these days to how the phone is still snappy even after 2 years to how this spirit will take the company to much greater heights and we'd look at it and say it is our company, we helped it form and grow. And there have been instances when I've approached strangers for the same reason. Be it at mall, metro, railway station, you name it. It doesn't feel creepy and I'm sure it didn't feel creepy to the ones who approached me either. That's a community - strangers still connected because they're part of something bigger. I hope, reading this, you too have the same sort of feeling. Coz most of us have experienced what I'm talking about.
    There's a special one I'd like to share. So, I joined college 2½ years ago and it required living in an in-campus hostel long way from home. And people from different parts of the country came here as it's an Indian Institute and so no one knew each other. There I saw another guy using a OnePlus device (same as mine, OnePlus 3) and I went up to him for a talk. Started with talking about the phone but soon talked about college and life and found that we've more in common. Today we're best friends and we hang out together all the time. Sadly, his phone broke lately and I gave him mine. (He was going home and he couldn't tell his parents he broke his phone yet and he needed to show them a OnePlus 3. I've a old backup phone that I am using myself. Though he'd soon have to tell at home and I need my phone back too. That's another story.) Point of telling y'all the bracketed thing is to show the level of friendship we share. So, yes, it's special.

Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?
    I feel OnePlus fans in countries feel a bit disheartened as OnePlus focuses their attention mostly in IN and UK. Focusing attention meaning holding launch events and doing pop-ups and such stuff. For them, I'd like to say that it's not that OnePlus treats them like something less. The launch events and pop-ups happen where they do mostly because the main point of such events is to reach masses.. And they happen where most of the users live, as OnePlus is still not as big a company as to hold pop-ups/events everywhere in the world. Even in IN and UK, they happen only at capital and renowned cities. And IN and UK are big, it's not easy for one who lives in a small town to travel over to the city where the event is. So, you're not alone.. There are many others. And this is where we just have to wait and a day will come when there would be so many OnePlus users in your country/region that OnePlus will have to do a event there. Till then, remember that there's no discrimination here, the staff on forum treat everyone equally.. and so do fellow users and mods who've been with OnePlus since the begining.. It's just a matter of reaching out to the most number of people in the limited amount of money designated for the events.

How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?
    OnePlus' growth.. Yes, it has achieved my expectations and not - both.
    The affirmative in the sense that a start-up to achieve this kind of spectacular engagement and brand value in such a small time is a really phenomenal thing. And it's OnePlus being humble and benign calling it as a feat they couldn't have achieved this without our help. That is ofcourse true but only to some extent. Vivo, Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi too have achieved growth - and without this user-first and community thing going on. It's OnePlus' doodwill that it kept users always in the loop and never left it's roots. OnePlus has always stayed true to it's philosophy of user-first and never settle. (Okay, I get it, the headphone jack is gone. But try and see it this way, they'd always said the T-line would be for experimentation. They wanted to experiment with that under display fingerprint sensor and it didn't leave room for the headphone jack. And I believe, the jack would be back in the normal series.) OnePlus, unlike Xiaomi, was never a low-cost mass producer and never believed in "we'll capture audience in developing countries with mass marketing at rock-bottom low prices by compromising wherever we can" and instead always paid attention to minute details (@Carl clicky-buttons?). Jokes apart, honestly, you'll notice the difference. Xiaomi phone's display glass breaks even at smallest drops - no I'm not being biased, and it's not just a single scenario, I've around 20 acquaintances using Xiaomi phones from low to high range price and 12-14 of them had their display glass break within a year at a small drop as small as falling from one's lap while sitting or from a small chair - but OnePlus' display doesn't break that easily even though they use the same Gorilla Glass at many times. There's something that OnePlus does design wise in order to distribute the drop-shock evenly across the frame which causes the glass to not break, I believe. Wow, totally went off the point for this answer. Coming back, I'll say, this is what I call growth without forgetting ones roots or values. And this kind of growth I appreciate. Never Compromise. Never Settle.
    As for the negative, well, if I call OnePlus as a family, then should I be satisfied with the amount they grew? I want them to grow more, obviously. This year they'd to change their launch date because of Apple. I want them to grow to a point where OnePlus is not overshadowed by a big company playing games on/with it. And may I remind how OnePlus' user-focus went ahead and paid off for flights and re-bookings that their changed event date lead to? This is the kind of growth I want OnePlus to have. One in which they never ditch their values for anything.
    The only company which keeps users in mind while designing products and even afterwards. Just read the post by @Gary C. where he explains how OnePlus designs features that make the phone feel personal. Isn't it that warmth, that personal feeling I've been talking about throughout? You did it since the beginning, even before this program was introduced. OnePlus, you shouldn't lose this position ever.

Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?
    I think I've already messed up enough answers - saying things that I should have said here in place of other answers... XD So, here goes a one-liner about what I've said throughout the post: "Never lose yourself amongst the competition."
    There will come times, as have come before, where you will face a choice between doing something that is against the users' good but will benefit you as a company and something that will help users but not be as profitable for the company. You've played well with such choices in the past and I hope, calling you a family member, you'll play well in the future. (Hint: Bring back the headphone jack.) The competition may be doing it wrong and you be the one doing it right all along.
    You're a for-profit entity and I get it, your goal is to maximize profit. But these little things you do, while you maximize your profit, matter to us who've been with you since the start. And you've shown, times and again, that you're okay with doing a bit less profit if that makes the users happy. (For God's sakes, no company gives away normal users accessories worth 7-8 times the ticket price and then throws in another newly-launched backpack as a complimentary on launch events. Or holds these Diwali celebrations at other countries. Or gives away accessories to the ones who give feedback. I see it all, and I appreciate it.) There are staff who actually take our suggestions - not just about product - but about everything else including events or Weekend Fun times and implement them and also give away prizes to the winners. God. I've not seen any other company do that. Not just smartphone companies, literally no other company. So, a salute for that.. It all contributes to that warmth and personal feeling.
    @Ruby G., @Crystal Z., @Trista W., @David Y., @SoniaB. I've conversed with you at times about giving some feedback or about some glitch/activity on the forum and I'm glad about receiving a response each and every time. I'd like to thank you and others whom I've not mentioned. Also, love the surverys. I'd like to shout out to @Adam Krisko for when he was a part of OnePlus, it felt awesome talking to him about product features over the threads.

I've used a Motorola phone, been on their community on G+, used Samsung.. I've never seen a company like this. It's a really special feeling that I hold close to my heart. Also, I'm sure if this was a post on some forum people would have just skipped it because of the sheer volume of what's written.. But if you've reached here reading it, I'm sure you're just a fellow community member who loves OnePlus and we're connected even if you don't know me. So, I'd like to say thanks to you for taking out the time to read this much. If OnePlus staff is reading this till the end, I'd like if you tell @Pete, I really liked his address in the Launch Event of 6T (I watched it live on YouTube). Also, I'd like to give my wishes to you for the future. Congratulations on 5 years. Hope you get to the point where you make a century celebration. And, even otherwise, I'd hold you close to my heart coz I've got the best feeling re-living all of it while writing this. Thanks and Congratulations again.

Best wishes,
    Pallav.

Edit: Corrected punctuations as much as I could. (Sorry if punctuation mistakes spoil the reading experience.) Added my name in the end.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

buntycubal and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  18. Subhbettiah Froyo Dec 10, 2018

19. YRJ Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

YRJ, Dec 10, 2018 :
    uhm, though you were late to the show, you stole it!
    this is an essay I would write in my English papers [e]1f602[/e]
    I need a day or 2 to read it.
    good job!

palc and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  20. Q1544001705919 Cupcake Dec 10, 2018

Q1544001705919, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Congratulations OP on the 5th Anniversary.
    it's not a brand, it's an emotion. it's just changed the face of Android Market and compete with Apple. Thanks for giving such a wonderful phones.