Five Years of Never Settle - Join the celebration!

1. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2018

palc, Dec 10, 2018 :
    haha, thanks so much! you weren't so bad yourself either. :)
    inspired by @Cheetosdust I'll say. XD
    the plan was to keep it short. But when I started writing I got lost into feelings and wrote whatever came to my mind. :)

2. G1542272922398 Cupcake Dec 10, 2018

3. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2018

cdnfarmer, Dec 10, 2018 :
    :) welcome. Your nudge for me to get pictures up was the start of exploring photography (in depth) with my OP6.

sounding more and more like a Canuck. :p;) Awesome. picking up some of our key Canadian sayings, eh?:p:D:)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018

YRJ, buntycubal, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. TibiTibi Nougat Dec 10, 2018

TibiTibi, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Happy birthday 2 you.
    Happy birthday 2 you.
    Happy birthday dear Oneplus.
    Happy birthday 2 you.

In march I will celebrate 4 years since I bought the killer.

:D
    1) What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?

I was really excited reading the first information about a new borning brand 5 years ago.
    I said: I should by the One asap. It was not possible from the first moment because of initial selling restrictions. I waited patiently one year until it was available for our market. On the next day I ordered the One -The killer.
    4 days later I started this journey.
    I should say after almost 4 years that You have created an amazing phone :)

2) Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?

I did meet nobody in person from Oneplus or the forum. Maybe once.
    We have a small local friend crew with your phones.
    I changed a lot of text, photos, ideas and hints with a couple of forum members and mods. Especially the photothreads: @script @NeVeR_SeTTLe@otto2
    @buntycubal @Bouncer71 @cdnfarmer @hennes and many more...
    Thank you forum members.

3) Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?

Hello world of Oneplus.
    Let everybody find once the phone that match his expectations. Let everybody get familiar with the capabilities of the device. Let you be the master of your device.

4) How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?

I follow the evolution and growing of the Oneplus.
    I like it and it is complicated. My expectations are a bit different. More in point 5 ;)

5) Do you have anything else you'd like to say toOnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?

Before buying the One there was just one compromise to me: the body size of the phone (at that time a had a 12cm phone)
    This got away after grabbing the OPO with my hands.

I allways count how many compromises bring the phone candidate insteade of features.

The following models brought to me always one more compromise. And the current 6T has the most of compromises.
    So you made it always harder to me to choose the next Oneplus phone.
    I can write down my expectations but this is not the right place and time

I hope once you bring another Oneplus phone which will excite me at least the same way as the OPO. I will watch your steps.
    May the plus be with you.

5. The1Lion Lollipop Dec 10, 2018

The1Lion, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Me and the boys waiting for some snow so we can go tobogganing :D

otto2, YRJ and cdnfarmer like this.
  6. Methos777 Froyo Dec 11, 2018

YRJ likes this.
  7. 0026 Donut Dec 11, 2018

8. D1542612503971 Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

D1542612503971, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Gift me a phone for an wonderfull and joyfull experience for us both!! Thank u!

Hope one plus wont dissapoint! Thanks again.

5th year Anniversary and gift me to make it even more memorable..Keep rocking!!!

I really mean it!!

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 11, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Oh that's very nice to read, thank you so much.

You did a great work there, keep them coming :cool:

palc likes this.
  10. muhammed mt Gingerbread Dec 11, 2018

11. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

palc, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Thanks! Also, love reading your posts.. Especially the post on why Pie on 5/5T was delayed. That was fun. Lol. XD
    Hope you read my post till the end!:)

Edit: Finally managed to get it right using the Community website. The App sucks so much at times.o_O

rameshshreyas and Cheetosdust like this.
  12. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

palc, Dec 11, 2018 :
    why..? What have you done so great..?

rameshshreyas likes this.
  13. D1542612503971 Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

palc

why..? What have you done so great..?

i just said gift me thats all... do u have to be a "great" to do "great" to get gifted???

any body can get gifts...its the one plus company which has to decide.
    did my post offened u?

14. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

palc, Dec 11, 2018 :
    no, it didn't offend me. But as it's a public forum, it's within anyone's reach to ask you regarding something you posted. So, I just asked, why should OnePlus gift you a phone? Is there a particular reason you think you should be gifted a phone? Out of all the people on the forum, why you, that's my question.

15. D1542612503971 Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

palc

no, it didn't offend me. But as it's a public forum, it's within anyone's reach to ask you regarding something you posted. So, I just asked, why should OnePlus gift you a phone? Is there a particular reason you think you should be gifted a phone? Out of all the people on the forum, why you, that's my question.​

nothing wrong in asking right?

Its just like " i wish one plus gifts me a phone on the eve of 5th anniversary thats all"

i wish u too that u get gifted!

Thanks for replying brother[e]1f44d[/e]

16. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

palc, Dec 11, 2018 :
    D1542612503971

nothing wrong in asking right?

Nah. But you clearly missed my point.
    Anyway, futile conversation. I'll leave you be and to asking as much as you want to. Peace. [e]270c[/e]️

Edit: Saw your edited post. Thanks, but I'd wish for OnePlus to succeed more on their Anniversary than wish for a phone for myself. I might wish for that phone on my birthday, not on OnePlus'. Anyway, good luck. No hard feelings, just a small difference in opinion.

rameshshreyas and D1542612503971 like this.
  17. rameshshreyas Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2018

rameshshreyas, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Damn it! Missed it. But will answer nonetheless.
    Revolutionary. Nothing short of it. They had disrupted the entire market with the OnePlus One and have been doing so succesfully every single year. The phones just keep getting better and better.
    Quite recently, with my Backpack invite thread and my 4th anniversary in the forums got a lot of reactions and wonderful feedback and wishes. Can't get more than this!​
    You guys must be overwhelmed with the number of Indians in the forums. No small feat that we are the 2nd most populous country in the world haha! But one day we could have an international meet-up where we can meet, greet and explore (with or without the backpacks lol) countries and cultures.

Exponential. Quite literally. I have seen the length of queues in the pop-ups and it is increasing dramatically! And I love it!​
    Thank you for existing. Thank you for disrupting the market and giving the consumers the value of their hard earned money. Thank you that you consider the community's suggestions and make them an integral part of the phone's development process. Thank you for not being just another corporate company that never shy away from experimenting and accepting their fallacies and improving on it. Thank you for this wonderful community that is growing every second. Thank you.​

18. G_Prasad_Gaonkar_idJc Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

G_Prasad_Gaonkar_idJc, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Happy Birthday One plus.. ur the future of speed with Never settle mission.. Bless you with all prosperity and super future technology.. Never settle..

19. jhambnitin85 Donut Dec 12, 2018

jhambnitin85, Dec 12, 2018 :
    1544638306137.jpg

1544638321253.jpg
    Power of One

Congratulations on ur 5th Anniversary.

A special Quote related to the subject:

Never try to he a spectator and see the world pass by, try to become an actor in the universe and make a difference through POWER OF "ONE"

POWER OF ONE is an ideal tag line which suites best for One Plus and i will be waiting for the royality [e]1f601[/e] . what say @Pete

Also see my obsession for OnePlus in the attached picture which states that HAVENT SETELLED YET waiting for OnePlus 6t McLaren

20. S1513959584883 Donut Dec 12, 2018

S1513959584883, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Hi One Plus Team,

I have been thinking about this query for a long time but I couldn't find any clue so wanted to reach out the team.
    Why does One Plus doesn't give proper exchange price for it's predecessor phones?
    For example if we see the exchange amount given for 5T it's just 10.4k for the newly released OP6T. But just before a year if we need to get our hands on the same OP5T it costed 1 rupee less than 33k. So if we see the depreciation in a year is around 22.6k, do you really think that it's worthy exchange price for 5T?
    If the own parent company doesn't give good exchange price for it's predecessor then how does it get good exchange rate for other mobile?
    If OP is considering itself a top brand then why is it the brand value for it's predecessor is this much less?