Five Years of Never Settle - Join the celebration!

1. sechinov Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

sechinov, Dec 5, 2018 :
    The phones are not bad for their money. But there are five fat minuses:
    1 relevance of the phone one year, after a year poor support.
    2 always in all models the camera is worse than its competitors
    3 No moisture protection
    4 no stereo
    5 poor cheap vibro

AcmE85 likes this.
  2. Adiker Froyo Dec 5, 2018

Adiker, Dec 5, 2018 :
    It's 5 years ?!
    I can't believe such a young company achieved that much. Big congratulations from me. Happy OP6T user.

3. Tomhall Eclair Dec 5, 2018

Tomhall, Dec 5, 2018 :
    1. OnePlus represents what the modern society is. Never Settle for things we take for granted, and always strive for the best out of everything. It is something I feel proud to be a part of for 2 years. Keep it up and most importantly #NeverSettle

Adiker likes this.
  4. Miratek Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

Miratek, Dec 5, 2018 :
    1. What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?
    OnePlus isn't just a brand - it's a community. A community where everybody helps everybody. This makes OnePlus stand out in the competition. It's a great feeling to be part of it because whenever I have a problem or want to talk to other OnePlus users I can just do that via the forum.​
    2. Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?
    I once recommended OnePlus to a friend of mine (Yea, I recommended OnePlus devices to lots of people but this story is unique). So that person bought the same OnePlus device as I had - the OnePlus 2. We both were very glad about the OnePlus user experience. The product kind of connected us because I had the device a bit longer already and could help that person whenever a question occured.
    So two things changed from that date. First, I do not use the OnePlus 2 anymore - I switched to the OnePlus 6. Second, the person is now my girlfriend. I think we share lots of interests but one big thing amongst other things - OnePlus devices.​
    3. Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?
    I love the way we share our experiences, photos, solutions to problems and much more over the whole world, no matter where you from. Go on everybody, it's so much fun with y'all!​
    4. How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?
    So I want to be honest - Some years ago I've seen OnePlus as a brand of devices which are cheap and have lots of power (the most on the market) and I would have never thought that they will produce one of the most premium feeling devices on the market, ever! I'm glad to use the OnePlus 6 now. Your company did a huge step from OnePlus One and Two to the following devices. I already was able to see few years ago that this company gonna be succesfull! I'm happy to see that OnePlus could assert themself in that market with tough competition and I'm also looking forward to lots of nice OnePlus devices in the future!​
    5. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?
    I think everybody at OnePlus does a great job. Every single of you. The devices are great and so is the work you do.​

5. The1Lion Lollipop Dec 5, 2018

6. miwishayuu Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

7. obakesan Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

obakesan, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Nice, I've mailed a quick Happy Birthday / Anniversary wish! ;) I will write some stuff later.

8. strobloneplusone Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

strobloneplusone, Dec 5, 2018 :
    1. What does OnePlus mean to you? It means something a bit out of the ordinary and not the same as everybody else.
      How would you describe it? A solid, reliable friend that just keeps on going.
    2. Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus? Walking into a mobile phone shop in the UK with my OnePlus One. All I needed was a sim removal tool so I could change sim cards and all of a sudden I was being swarmed by excited employees desperate to see the mythical OnePlus One Flagship killer in real life. I think that I was in there for almost an hour as they all excitedly asked how good it was, how I managed to get one, how did I get that invite etc. I wouldn't describe myself as a trend setter but that day boy did I feel like the most fashionable person in the room. I should probably publicly apologise to all the other customers who were no doubt delayed by my presence distracting all employees.
    3. Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries? It is the Duracell bunny of phones. I am still using my original OnePlus One (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) not like so many of the other manufacturers out there.
    4. How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? I think it is amazing, going from an unknown startup which created an on-demand phone ordering service which although meant that you would sometimes have to wait for the initial invitation you would still receive your device without having to queue up. I guess those days are largely gone now with the latest phones being a big event in itself and seeing all of the other manufacturers squirm over how much OnePlus manage to pack into such a reasonably priced phone.
      Has it achieved your expectations? My word yes, and beyond. Like I said I am still on my OnePlus One which I have had for over 4 years. Admittedly it is now sadly reaching the end of it's life but there is only one company that I could possibly replace it with. I was desperately trying to hold out for the Seven in the hope it would be 5G ready; I had my OnePlus One before 4G was common and it was pretty special the day the new network was switched on where I live (Guernsey) to have one of the best phones on the island suddenly working at full speed. Although I haven't personally experienced the development of the brand through my own phones (due to the amazing reliability) I have recommended at least 4 other people to get on the band wagon and they have all loved their version of the phone (my mum still waxes lyrical about her OnePlus X and how it is such a shame that they don't do a follow up smaller phone).
    5. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Happy Birthday to you all and keep doing what you are doing. Well done.
      Or to someone at OnePlus?

9. Mohamed_Luqman Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

10. G_Manav_Bansal Froyo Dec 5, 2018

11. alextytan Eclair Dec 5, 2018

alextytan, Dec 5, 2018 :
    One plus was the company that I always wanted to become a customer. A company manufacturing mid-range products, according to whole world sales and price against apple and Samsung. But in my opinion a company giving us exceptional phones with strong characteristics.
    My only acquaintance with people from one plus is through this community. It's as natural as it could be. So pleased to be part of it.
    My moto is : "buy interesting things, not things people are interested in..."
    I follow one plus and their growth since the beginning. They really make certain steps towards. They look very sure about who they are and where they want to go. I like it. They have exceeded my expectations. I have to comment that I am very happy to be a member of this fellowship.
    Please, keep up the good work and give us the best of technology out there.
    Cheers!!!

12. G_Vinish_As_ykKV Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

G_Vinish_As_ykKV, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Oneplus has lot to me
    I dont own a oneplus device
    But there is a feeling that i will own a oneplus device
    Oneplus is that company that kicks out obstacle they work fast as their device work
    Oneplus has a never settling story
    5 yrs of happiness , 5 yrs of hard work ,5yrs of excellance , 5yrs of determination, 5 yrs of achievement , 5yrs of huge family(customer) 5 yrs joy
    Wishing you very happy birthday oneplus god bless you

13. nmatheis US Brand Ambassador Dec 5, 2018

nmatheis, Dec 5, 2018 :
    What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?

For me, OnePlus is the definition of price to performance in the Android world. No other phone matches OnePlus for hardware + software performance. Add to that the great sense of community that OnePlus fosters, and you have a truly wonderful combination!

Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?

Helping OnePlus launch the OP6T in NYC as part of the new Brand Ambassador program was a truly great, highly memorable experience. We got to meet many OnePlus employees, including Pete, Kyle, Kameron, Manu, and David amongst community members from across the country. We also got to meet a few well-known YouTubers, which was also pretty cool. The biggest highlights, though, were manning the demo tables at the launch event and then interesting with the long line of people waiting to get their hands on the new OP6T St the T-Mobile store in Times Square. The crowds were a mix of long-time truly rabid OnePlus fans and people who were just hearing about OnePlus for the first time and were fed-up with the high cost and decreasing performance of their current phones. It was loads of fun, and I'd encourage you all to make it to a launch event at least once!!

How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?

I heard about the OnePlus One from tech-savvy co-workers, but I was solidly entrenched in the iPhone ecosystem at the time. That changed a couple years later when I got frustrated with how locked-in I felt with the iPhone and decided to try an Android phone. The phone I settled on was the OP3. What a great introducing to the world of Android phones! The combination of cutting edge hardware with a nearly stock Android software experience made the transition painless and pleasant. So much so that I started evangelizing OnePlus and pretty soon had my first convert as a coworker purchased his own OP3.

Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?

Thanks for not conforming to the conventional stereotype of flagship phones and doing things differently and better. Much appreciated!

14. Merdielicious Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Merdielicious, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Happy 5th birthday Oneplus. I'm one of the few (but rising) members of the oneplus family here in the Philippines ( I lost count of our members in our Facebook group ). I actually heard of oneplus when the Oneplus 3 was launched, and I fell in love of the phone immediately, although I got my hands on it on January 2017. I admit I'm not active on the forums, due to work and other stuff. I don't even try my hands on the mods for the phone, as I'm quite happy how my OP3 still rocks to this day. My colleagues at work are actually amazed by how fast and powerful my phone is, even though they haven't heard of Oneplus before (they are using Iphones, Galaxy S phones and Notes, Huawei, Oppo, Vivo, phones that are popular here due to advertisements). I believe there are only 2 oneplus phones in our company, my OP3 and my staff's OnePlus 5T, who switched from Huawei to OnePlus after he saw how fast and powerful my phone is compared to his. I'm very happy of my phone that I don't feel the need to upgrade. My only disappointment is that the company is slowly veering away from what made it unique (prices going up every iteration, removal of the headphone jack, design is almost the same as another phone). Hopefully someday my dream phone will be made by oneplus: the return of the sandstone back, return of the telephoto lens, return of the headphone jack, front-facing stereo speakers, quad DAC, expandable storage, 2-day battery life, and a price range of 400 to 500 USD. Make mine, Oneplus!

15. aris Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2018

aris, Dec 5, 2018 :
    I'm curious to see the final video of 5 years of Never Settle.

16. PlusOneShane Donut Dec 5, 2018

17. Juanma81 Cupcake Dec 5, 2018

Juanma81, Dec 5, 2018 :
    I am not going to answer the questions.
    Do me not lack.
    Simply because I associate Oneplus to one thing... LOVE.
    And I am going to explain the reason: About 3 years ago, I met the person who today is my partner, thanks to the OP.
    I was taking a coffee in a bar, making time with my new OP3T when someone told me: Hey, that's the OP3T!...There began a conversation that ended up with this person buying the mobile in the official website and exchanging our telephone numbers.
    After a few days I received in my whatsapp a photo of a beautiful OP3T with a message saying: wanted the first message that you receive of my was from my new OP3T. And from that day until today Oneplus has been in our lives... First with the OP3T and now with our new brand new OP6T. Happy birthday to One Plus at Madrid!!!!!!

Its.Leandroo likes this.
  18. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 5, 2018

Its.Leandroo, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Time is going way too fast, but on the other hand, OnePlus has made big steps over the years. From being a small brand only known to tech enthusiasts, to be among the top of the smartphone market.

I can't go anywhere without seeing at least two people with a OnePlus phone here. And the moment we know that the other person is using a OnePlus phone too, we both smile.

I have had so many good moments with both the community and the staff, it's definitely one of the big things in my life that makes me feel positive.

Happy 5th Birthday, and let's continue for many years ahead.

Bouncer71 and buntycubal like this.
  19. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 5, 2018

Its.Leandroo, Dec 5, 2018 :
    The things a community and a dedicated brand can bring are awesome. This proves it once again.

buntycubal likes this.
  20. wfa31 Eclair Dec 6, 2018

wfa31, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Happy birthday