Five Years of Never Settle - Join the celebration!

1. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 7, 2018 at 3:03 AM

ChrisTerp likes this.
  2. hitesh7422 Froyo Dec 7, 2018 at 3:46 AM

3. Rusty NZ Lollipop Dec 7, 2018 at 4:17 AM

ChrisTerp likes this.
  4. U1536999869227 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 4:25 AM

U1536999869227, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:25 AM :
    when I saw the people using one plus, I feel guilty that when I am using other brands, I planned long to buy OnePlus because budget is too far from the OnePlus for me,one day I got surprise, excited when I hold OnePlus 6 it's like settled but still never settled, i need one plus 6t, bcoz this design is crazy it's steel the heart, when you use the OnePlus it's like you become more royal than using other brands,thanks OnePlus thanks once again to feel pride and happy, happy birthday wishes for OnePlus thanks once again thank you

5. davevedant1194 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 5:43 AM

davevedant1194, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:43 AM :
    Oww #OnePlus it's give me opportunity to capture a nice shoot's any time any where in microseconds.
    because #DSLR is hard to bring with you every time but onePlus camera.
    I loved to shoot with OnePlus Camera . onePlue help me to create/capture best memories of the world.

6. johneebee Gingerbread Dec 7, 2018 at 5:52 AM

johneebee, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:52 AM :
    What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?
    Like many awesome things OnePlus isn’t just a simple thing to describe. To me, for starters, OnePlus is an idea or a way of thinking with the fact in mind that there is always something better and that the consumer shouldn’t just settle for something mediocre for a higher price than its actual worth. It’s a company that is trying it’s best and striving to that goal of giving exactly that to us, the customers.

But not only that now, when I think of OnePlus, I also think of the awesome community and the people that run it. I often see the community selflessly helping each other and myself which makes me actually very proud to be part of one of the best communities out there! You got people from all over the world with many different interests and with many different demographics talking to each other with the utmost respect for one another, laughing, teaching and sharing ideas making people like me very inclined to come back to the forum and read up on what people have been sharing!

OnePlus is one of the companies you just can’t deny that it is listening to their customers, except for actively talking to the community online they also organize meetups to actively listen to the people’s experiences and ideas. This makes the young company to me an example for the big guys out there whom often are way out of touch with what their consumers actually want.
    Because all of this I’m always excited to see what’s next for OnePlus and can’t wait to see their next products!

Did you have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?
    I have met so many awesome people on here!! I won’t even start to name them all because I’d definitely forget like a couple 100s!

I can admit that the first time I came to the forums was thanks to a contest hosted by Ruby G.. But honestly I’m so thankful for that because thanks to her I met so many awesome people and learned so much and had so many awesome experiences with OnePlus and it’s community!

And except for awesome contests Ruby G. also organized delightfully fun threads, like one of my favorites;“Weekend Fun Time: Let's write a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure” where we all went on a boat trip and got in all sorts of adventures (of which a condensed playable version of this adventure was made).

A couple of months later Ruby G. organized another Weekend Fun Time: Let’s take a group photo via Bitmoji. Where me buntycubal, baymax,BobbyVB_, panthimanshu and many others had lots of fun, photoshopping silly pictures of the community together! Inspired by the write your own adventure, I decided to take a couple of hours ( like 6 or so :p ) to photoshop all the community members who entered a bitmoji into that post, onto a boat, ending up in a fun picture if I dare say so myself.

[​IMG]

But not only lighthearted stuff got talked about here, the past winners of the let’s talk contests got to choose what topics they wanted to talk about with many awesome topics opening up really interesting conversations, but one that stood up the most to me was the one from Louioo! He chose to start a conversation about mental health and how we deal with it. This took lots of courage and bravery and the stories that got talked about in that thread were both hearth warming and sometimes really moving! Together with him and Ruby G., NeVeR_SeTTLe created a beautiful ebook where these can be red. Things like this make me so very proud to be part of this community!!!

Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?
    For starters OnePlus, you guys are also getting big in Belgium! So don’t be scared to host an event like a next pop-up here! We got plenty of fans. I keep getting surprised with more and more of my friends and random people I talk to telling me they’re getting a OnePlus device, while 5 years ago the name OnePlus seemed alien to whomever asked me what kind of phone I had back when I had the One.

People here in Belgium(like in most other places) vote with their wallets, and they don’t want to spend ridiculous amounts of money for a device that isn’t worth it! So as long as you keep giving us the best bang for the buck, we’ll keep coming back for more, so please keep striving for that goal!

How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?
    When I first was contemplating buying the OnePlus One I was looking at all the competitors, and OnePlus their own strategy, trying to make the most educated decision what to buy. I was literally looking for a new smartphone for over a year sometimes seeing a phone that I would potentially buy, but I was never really sure about it. This was true until I saw articles popping up about the Oneplus One and for the first time I actually felt like I wasn’t settling, this companies ideology was exactly what I was looking for. And I might be a ..special individual :p but I knew many others would agree and think likewise. And history has proven we were correct to believe in OnePlus.

I only expect to see more growth and I hope to one day see OnePlus being as well-known as the other “big guys” out there, and to maybe even surpass them!

Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?
    To Pete and everybody at OnePlus, please never ever settle! Even if you are sure you have the best device or service out there, you can always improve upon yourself! Keep having that underdog attitude, showing the big dogs how it’s done! Keep striving for greatness! Thank you all for not only some great phones but also for building this community which I’m actually really thankful for!

buntycubal, woSch and Cheetosdust like this.
  7. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2018 at 6:06 AM

8. Rusty NZ Lollipop Dec 7, 2018 at 6:23 AM

ChrisTerp likes this.
  9. L1541306521548 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 7:23 AM

10. RogerF81 Honeycomb Dec 7, 2018 at 11:16 AM

RogerF81, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:16 AM :
    Hello, I'm not very good in making videos, that's why I want to answer to some of the question by writing something. As it is appreciated to do this in the mother tongue, I'll do this in German :)

1. What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?
    OnePlus ist für mich eine immer noch junge Smartphone-Firma, die vor allem dadruch glänzt, dass sie den übertriebenen Preis-Wahnsinn der anderen Hersteller nicht mitmacht und dadurch, dass sie sehr entwicklerfreundlich ist. Da sich die Hersteller generell in puncto Hardware (und größtenteils auch Software) ohnehin kaum voneinander unterscheiden, sind das die größten Pluspunkte von OnePlus. Darüber hinaus ist OnePlus einfach auch eine "sympathische" Firma. Z.B. sind mir Samsung und Apple einfach unsympathisch, weil dies Firmen sind, die denken, sie wüssten alles besser. OnePlus ist nicht so, denn sie versuchen die User immer miteinzubinden, z.B. durch Umfragen, Open Beta-Programm usw. Genau so sollte das sein und bitte behaltet das bei!

2. How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?
    OnePlus ist unheimlich schnell gewachsen in den letzten 5 Jahren, vom "kleinen Start-up" zum heute, naja, man muss fast schon sagen "Global player". Ich bin ehrlich gesagt sogar überrascht, wie schnell OnePlus gewachsen ist. Dass OnePlus so schnell auch mit Mobilfunkunternehmen zusammenarbeiten würde, oder dass die Geräte über Amazon verfügbar sein würden, hätte ich vor 2 Jahren noch nicht gedacht. Damals, als das OnePlus One veröffentlicht wurde, war dies so etwas wie ein Nischenprodukt und überzeugte vor allem durch den günstigen Preis. Das OnePlus 2 war dagegen eher ein Schritt zurück, was aber wohl vor allem am Snapdragon 810 lag. Mit dem OnePlus 3 schaffte man aber so etwas wie den Durchbruch. Das Gerät war in vielerlei Hinsicht ausgezeichnet und öffnete OnePlus den Weg zum Massenmarkt, weil, so mein Eindruck, auch erstmals Leute das Gerät kauften, die von OnePlus davor noch nie gehört hatten. Spätestens ab da hatte es OnePlus bereits geschafft und sich endgültig etabliert. Daher hat die Entwicklung von OnePlus meine Erwartungen nicht nur erreicht, sondern sogar bei weitem übertroffen. Hut ab!!

3. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?
    OnePlus zeichnet sich seit jeher aus, dass Oberklasse-Smartphones zu einem erschwinglichen Preis angeboten wurden. Ich bitte alle Verantwortlichen bei OnePlus, diese Preisgestaltung beizubehalten! Das macht euch nämlich einzigartig und sobald ihr auf ein ähnliches Preisniveau kommen würdet wie andere Hersteller, fürchte ich, dass sich die Leute von OnePlus abwenden werden.
    Und bitte behaltet auch eure Haltung bezüglich entsperrbarer Bootloader und freier Software bei! Unterstützt weiterhin Entwickler! Macht euren Code weiterhin auf Github einsehbar! Genau diese Haltung hat euch so weit gebracht und wird das auch weiterhin tun! Gebt das nicht auf, bleibt dabei. Danke für 5 Jahre und hoffentlich auf die nächsten 5 Jahre! Chapeau und herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag :)

Best wishes from me to the whole OnePlus team!! :)

buntycubal likes this.
  11. MKT_IRFAN3735 Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2018 at 12:51 PM

12. U1531244343443 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 3:16 PM

13. The1Lion Lollipop Dec 7, 2018 at 3:17 PM

The1Lion, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:17 PM :
    Well that didn't work! Darn outlook! :mad: Noticed my email got stuck, eventually found out I was 2MB too large to send :oops: So look for my long winded (written) expanse that will break the forum/community! :p

14. YASHPLUSONE. Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM

YASHPLUSONE., Dec 7, 2018 at 5:11 PM :
    @David Y. says,
    FYI: I have edited your attached picture from this quote!

Don not attack or malign the brands image on the basis of illegitimate issues.
    Thanks [e]1f60a[/e]

15. S1512546314305 Cupcake Dec 7, 2018 at 6:23 PM

buntycubal likes this.
  16. Saiyam1310 Donut Dec 7, 2018 at 7:37 PM

Saiyam1310, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:37 PM :
    Hey after choosing one plus i am not going to choose any other smartphone brand i found one plus is the best brand for me infant i have one plus 1 with me & one plus 3t,one plus 5t,one plus 6 i love one plus i have used many smartphones but i found one plus as the best any i am not going to switch any other smartphone brand i promise you one plus [e]1f60d[/e] in love with one plus thank you..

17. ChrisTerp KitKat Dec 8, 2018 at 3:32 AM

The1Lion likes this.
  18. ChrisTerp KitKat Dec 8, 2018 at 3:39 AM

Ceasedd likes this.
  19. hary4u Froyo Dec 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM

hary4u, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM :
    We feels like oneplus start setteling nw..unlike slogan...as seen the delays in support of prior flagship models.

20. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 8, 2018 at 6:53 AM

Ceasedd, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:53 AM :
    Good seen you too world traveler,Godspeed :)