Five Years of Never Settle - Join the celebration!

1. YRJ
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2018

YRJ , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Software updates are something that do not come with a fixed ETA. there can be delays due to various reasons.
    I am not defending OnePlus here, but I am sure the software is ready and Is held up at Google CTS certification, once done your pie will be served!
    Never Settle
    regards.

2. Sam 7
    Donut Dec 8, 2018

Sam 7 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Yup it's great to be part of this company.
    First ever company I thought of putting my hard(Very hard) earned money and say worth it.
    I still remember buying OnePlus 5 as my one of fondest memory, Then for my sister buying OnePlus 6.
    Thanks for the wonderful product and special interest in INDIA. we are very grateful to you guys...

3. Jonsnow6099
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2018

Jonsnow6099 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    The way oneplus has handled the pie situation for 5 and 5t is shameful to say the least...though i now own a oneplus 6 but the way oneplus has behaved in a past couple of months with 5 and 5t have made oneplus 6 as my last oneplus phone..they did same with oneplus 2 but oneplus 2 was already having a poor hardware so i gave oneplus the benefit of doubt but with 5 and 5t rocking a perfectly alright hardware, there is no reason for oneplus to behave like jerks here... i bought every oneplus device out there since its launch in india bt sorry oneplus i have to say this with heavy heart....YOU ONEPLUS YOU LOSE..A BIG THUMBS DOWN TO YOU...

Starcommander and Star007Knight like this.
  4. YRJ
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2018

YRJ , Dec 8, 2018 :
    04f.gif

Kytharsis likes this.
  5. rahulsharma10771
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

6. SidSince_1995
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

SidSince_1995 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Well How many days Google CTS takes according to you?

7. SidSince_1995
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

And Why op is sleeping since last couple of months they already know oneplus 5/5T exist without CTS. And Suddenly in the middle of nowhere CTS delay..... blaming Others for op mistake is that oneplus is doing now a days.....

By the way it's not a mistake it's a deliberate attempt...
    So blaming google for their deliberate attempt is that OnePlus is doing instead of working on our updates.

Star007Knight likes this.
  8. SidSince_1995
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

And by the way Congratulations it takes op 5years to become like everyone else in the market.

#whybuyonepluswhenEveryoneisSame

9. amuda
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2018

amuda , Dec 8, 2018 :
    HI EVERYONE I AM SRINE FROM HYDERABAD
    CONGRATULATIONS TO MY BRAND ONE PLUS.
    CONGRATULATIONS CO FOUNDER Pete Lau MAN /
    Never Settle Carl Pei MAN.
    MY JOURNEY IS FROM ONE PLUS ONE THAT SPL DAY WHICH I GOT INVITE TO BUY ONE PLUS ONE THAT WAS SUPER SPL FOR ME..
    MY JOURNEY CONTINUE ..
    ME FAN FOR MY ONE PLUS.
    VERY SOON MY ONE PLUS BRAND.
    WORLD WITH 70%WATER
    ONE PLUS COVER WITH WORLD WIDE 70%.
    ALL THE BEST MY BRAND.
    I POSTING MY INVITE ONE PLUS 4YEAR BACK I GOT.
    SPL MOMENT FOR ME.
    THANK YOU..
    1544288500523.jpg

1544288500590.jpg

10. Star007Knight
    Froyo Dec 8, 2018

Star007Knight , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Lol, u are the biggest fanboy of OnePlus I've seen in the community. It's just a company which is only focussing on profits ffs. They don't really care about their community. From copying each and every device after 3/T to delaying updates so they can sell their other phones better is just ridiculous for a company like OnePlus. I really liked OnePlus, And the only reason for that was they weren't like the other companies in the market. Anyways, hope pocofone will takeover the space left by OnePlus as a phone for their fans.

SidSince_1995 likes this.
  11. YRJ
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2018

YRJ , Dec 8, 2018 :
    I prefer not to speak on matters which I have no knowledge of! but on a side note I do not see any reason for OnePlus or anyone else for that matter, to hold behind something which is ready. when something is made it is for someone or for a purpose in this case, enhancing user experience for OnePlus 5/T owners!
    and I am sure OnePlus would not sit and hold tight of pie and take all the hate.
    I hope you know that the people who work on the update v/s the people who update us on the update, are 2 different people. if today @David Y. says that an update is delayed it legit is! the software developers are paid for the job and no doubt, they are doing it.
    They aren't blaming anyone CTS is a process that has to be completed.
    yes pie is available for the OnePlus 5/T
    but Android pie based on oxygen os is not! which they are currently working on.
    give me one good reason on,how deliberately delaying pie for the OnePlus 5/T is helping OnePlus?
    This can go on and on, and I am sorry I cant play music to dead ears.
    I do not think I can say anything on this.

12. W1526719914186
    Eclair Dec 8, 2018

W1526719914186 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Congratulations for Oneplus for having completed glorious FIVE years with abundant success. I wish oneplus would REALLY carry on this legacy by TRULY delivering top class quality products at right value WITHOUT any compromises.
    Off late, I find oneplus deviating from prompt attention and solutions, it was earlier giving to its so called community members. Looks like the focus is shifting from the east (where oneplus made its humble beginning successfully) to the west.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018

13. YRJ
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2018

YRJ , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Fanboy ----> maybe or maybe not.
    it is a company and every company is created with the sole intention of sales/service and generating profits on the same! without which it would have collapsed long ago.
    technology is something that has advancememts happening to it at every point of time.
    nothing is eternal. 5 years ago OnePlus did not exist and maybe 5 years after it won't, but that doesn't change things.
    We are luck to have so many choices in front of us. we are free to choose what we feel is the best, and in this case I do not want to debate over OnePlus vs Poco.
    well I'll leave that to YouTube content creators, even they create something to make money!
    regards
    Yash [e]1f60a[/e]

W1526719914186 likes this.
  14. SidSince_1995
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

YASHPLUSONE.

I prefer not to speak on matters which I have no knowledge of! but on a side note I do not see any reason for OnePlus or anyone else for that matter, to hold behind something which is ready. when something is made it is for someone or for a purpose in this case, enhancing user experience for OnePlus 5/T owners!
    and I am sure OnePlus would not sit and hold tight of pie and take all the hate.

I hope you know that the people who work on the update v/s the people who update us on the update, are 2 different people. if today @David Y. says that an update is delayed it legit is! the software developers are paid for the job and no doubt, they are doing it.
    They aren't blaming anyone CTS is a process that has to be completed.
    yes pie is available for the OnePlus 5/T
    but Android pie based on oxygen os is not! which they are currently working on.
    give me one good reason on,how deliberately delaying pie for the OnePlus 5/T is helping OnePlus?
    This can go on and on, and I am sorry I cant play music to dead ears.

I do not think I can say anything on this.​

Well i have been in OnePlus since last 2yrs. The only Thing i love about op is transparency i never had any issue.
    Community is there for our voices and
    Now deleting Comments And not letting us open up what do u think it is.
    See Oxygen os is there for all other devices Like 6/T for months now even in stable version so it's not possible ki oneplus giving their new flagship devices a buggy updates.
    So what kind of bug is that that a team of oneplus not able to fix in days our basic hardware is almost similar to op6.

Except Snapdragon and camera & screen ofcourse.

So I don't know the reason of why they are holding our updates

but as u can see they recently given updates to OnePlus 6/6T so they could have been focused on our bugs. And see it's been months without a relevant updates no one complainted about that bcoz we all know that op is busy in software development of op 6T.

But now it's Not they are just giving us the excuses not results people will get quite when they get their updates. and instead of focusing on our updates they are deleting our comments and closing the threads for no further discussion.

15. YRJ
    Lollipop Dec 8, 2018

YRJ , Dec 8, 2018 :
    You should be happy that there is atleast some amount of transparency that is still left.
    other OEM's don't even have community forums, we on the contrary have a strong and dedicated community forums.
    as far as deletion of comments is considered, those are moderator actions. they do not compel you to stop thinking or stop you from posting negative feedback, but everything has its place post that in its right place no one will question it.
    also whatever exchange of messages are going on here will certainly meet the same fate as me have drifted off topic.
    you would not expect a car show in a restauraunt ,would you?
    viewers visit threads to learn stuff, and they expect similar topic related queries in the comments.
    moderator actions are not relted to the company, they are just guardians to the forums whose only intention is to keep it clean and safe for all
    there is no bug, they are waiting for the CTS.

OnePlus 6/T is a different story all together. the software update for that in no way clashes with the OnePlus 5/T.
    as stated earlier there are people assigned for individual tasks.

16. Manish_Saha
    Eclair Dec 8, 2018

17. Star007Knight
    Froyo Dec 8, 2018

Star007Knight , Dec 8, 2018 :
    But don't you think a company shouldn't break the trust of it's customers? Either don't make promises which u couldn't keep or just don't make one. We had many choices yet we chose OnePlus, And that should be the only reason OnePlus should consider giving it's customers some importance. If u are Into gaming then u might've heard about CD Project Red. They are a company who proved that actually giving importance to the customers can make u one of the biggest companies in the world. And pls, Cut the bullsh*t. OnePlus has become a joke nowadays.

18. SidSince_1995
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

Actually the thing is that OnePlus is the only company So far has some kind of Transparency. And that why we all are here discussing about this topic...and that's why we are op fans.
    The only thing that makes op stand out of crowd so expectations are bit higher from the company like op.
    Company may not fulfill all of our expectations because we as a consumer always want something more than what er are getting.
    But atleast we all are here because we think someone is hearing our problems bugs and things not erasing them or deleting or stopping us from such things.
    I know there are lot of guys creating unnecessary threads everyday creating lot of troubles to find out which one is relevant which is not.

But still we expect more than this from oneplus and OnePlus built this platform for their members to let every customer know what is going on in OnePlus. It's OnePlus responsibility to answer not just giving fake promises.

and we deserved to be heard and answered that all i am saying.

19. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Dec 8, 2018

The1Lion , Dec 8, 2018 :
    1. What does OnePlus mean to you? How would you describe it?
      OnePlus is a company that started out from the get go to win over consumers - limited at first by supply. Due to the invite system, I think the community was an easy side effect as it would drive people to be active and see from the community what OnePlus was all about. A lot has changed over 5 years, invites are gone (for the phones at least) and we have more people in the community that may not be as Tech Savvy as the initial people were -although I myself always think that Tech Savvy is just too broad a term.
      I'd describe OnePlus as a company that started out simple enough with a phone and has now grown and added to it's portfolio. It walks a fine line between what is needed by the majority of users vs. trying to be everything for everybody.
    2. Did you meet someone or have a memorable experience because of OnePlus?
      I've met a ton of folks here! Got recipes to try out, suggestions on places to see when visiting various cities, theme parks etc., help unlocking the bootloader and rooting the OPO, helped others, shared invites, shared info on other gadgets and even played the "evil apple fanboy" once :D
      Aside from the community, I did get the opportunity (thanks to OP) to join the NY Launch event earlier this year. That was an awesome experience that ended too soon :( But some of the folks I met there I knew from the forum already and now got to meet them in real life as well. There's a lot of good people here and also good people working at OnePlus and that doesn't always translate through a computer screen when you're reading post on the forum ;) Not just saying that, I did meet and shake @Pete hand and I think he was just perhaps a bit shy about speaking English (or just trying to figure out who I was supposed to be) but he didn't shrink away (or call security). @David Y. and @Ruby G. were great and @Manu J. seemed like the type that is serious about his work but once work is done, it's time for fun :D
    3. Do you have anything interesting to share about or say to OnePlus fans in other countries?
      I think it's great to meet everyone here. I find the conversation interesting at times, comical at others and sometimes it introduces me to something completely new - like a different culture belief.
    4. How would you comment on the growth of OnePlus during this 5-year period? Has it achieved your expectations?
      I'd say the growth has been a mix bag of welcomed changes and some rocky spots. The announcement to support devices for two years is a big step forward and adding security updates a year beyond that is icing on the cake - but OP has to deliver on that. Keep the community support strong as well. I still have my OPO and it's running Oreo and I may even update to Pie (custom ROM of course) and that is perhaps the most important reason I have a OnePlus to begin with. ;)
    5. Do you have anything else you'd like to say to OnePlus? Or to someone at OnePlus?

Congratulations to all hope for continue success, keep us in your hearts and we'll keep you in ours - it's a two way street, give and receive :)
    BTW, here's my newly received Red OP6, when can I expect Android Q (with the 5G update)? :p
    [​IMG]

20. aphrahman
    Froyo Dec 9, 2018