Five Years of Never Settle: The inside story of OnePlus

1. Aman_kalyan Gingerbread Dec 18, 2018

Aman_kalyan, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Happy birthday team! Well the story is certainly amazing and inspire to say the least. Look forward to new devices from OP.
    Never Settle.

Saliou, Dale F. and Dresa91 like this.
  2. Tavernier_Valentin Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

Tavernier_Valentin, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Mon meilleur souvenir sera l'evement du pop-up du one plus 6t à Bordeaux avec la rencontre de votre équipe et l'attente interminable pour acheter le bijoux [e]1f60d[/e] !
    Avec tous les goodies dont le sac one plus c'était ouff [e]1f60d[/e]

Saliou and Dale F. like this.
  3. ofi90 Eclair Dec 18, 2018

ofi90, Dec 18, 2018 :
    I think the next step of oneplus is the travel to the Mars with Elon Musk :))

Dale F. likes this.
  4. Marc_DEMOUSTIER Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

Marc_DEMOUSTIER, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Un ami à moi m'affirmait que OnePlus allait devenir une très grande marque lorsqu'il a reçu son Oneplus One. C'est lorsque j'ai reçu mon OnePlus 6 que je l'ai compris, un téléphone rapide, bon en photo et avec une expérience utilisateur excellente !

buntycubal likes this.
  5. subshna Donut Dec 18, 2018

Dale F. and buntycubal like this.
  6. Riddhi Mazumdar Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

Riddhi Mazumdar, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Congratulations One plus on your 5th Anniversary n yes talking about experience on one plus I do have some experiences though I don't own an one plus. One of my cousin sister first bought the one plus 3t which amazed me a lot the oxygen OS, it's camera, it's features all together it was awesome n then another of my school seniors bought one plus 5t n then I started using it more often. Being a photographer I must say a thing I have used your camera it's damn awesome.
    It's the best flagship phone ever. I'll love to have one but what to do if I can't afford it.

Dale F. and buntycubal like this.
  7. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2018

cdnfarmer, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Great post @Dale F. ! Well written and nice to read.
    Thanks @David Y. I agree. i find it amazing that we are spread around the world then we are connected through the forum and then we can meet in person. The connections, friendships, and ability to meet you, Ruby and staff along with community members are my fondest memories with OnePlus.

There are several posts of people talking about the connections that are created through OnePlus. This goes to show the importance of OnePlus and its ability to connect people (literally through technology and via building friendships).

Dale F., woSch, Cheetosdust and 4 others like this.
  8. F_Ahmed_Zed_LJrU Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

F_Ahmed_Zed_LJrU, Dec 18, 2018 :
    mon meilleur moments c'est quand j'ai reçu mon one plus 3 et la qualité du produit et l'innovation des raccourcis plus la charge rapide j'ai hâte de reprendre un nouveau .

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

9. Mark Falsing Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Dec 18, 2018

Mark Falsing, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Great read and what a trip down memory lane @Dale F.

As for my story, it starts waaaaaaaay back.... but I'll keep it short.
    I was basically really tired of a Samsung and Apple dominated market at the time, and out of curiosity, Googled my way to smartphone brands in China. I was looking into everything, when I randomly bumped into @Jacob_DK who was the Danish ambassador for OPPO at the time.
    The OPPO N1 (The one with the rotating camera) was released, in it was just something completely different from the norm. Now from here some chatter about OnePlus started to pop up, rumors about former OPPO employees starting a new brand. So I ended up joining the forum in January 2014.
    I was instantly drawn to the community, it was just a really nice place to hang out online. Started mixing it up with @Sparkolo @nguser @script Adam Krisko just to name a few in the RNC (@dsmonteiro came along a little later)
    Then @Pete and @Carl started to ask us simple questions about what we wanted in a smartphone, a short while after that, they started teasing small features of an upcoming phone that later culminated into the OnePlus One (Which till this date I believe is the prettiest phone made and which I still keep in my little treasure cabinet)
    From then on I've been a fan, and I see no reason to stop now!
    It has been such a fun ride, and watching from the sidelines as OnePlus has evolved into being that new kid in school to being such a big player in the smartphone market that it is today.
    It has only taken OnePlus 5 years to achieve such an accomplishment, which in itself is mind blowing, just because a couple just didn't want to SETTLE ;)

10. L1535548610375 Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

L1535548610375, Dec 18, 2018 :
    happy anniversary to OP hope u'll take yr job to infinite and provide us best U in all over the world and just "NEVER SETTLE"[e]1f60a[/e]

11. shubham mirje Donut Dec 18, 2018

12. JalananFreak Gingerbread Dec 18, 2018

JalananFreak, Dec 18, 2018 :
    Congratulations OnePlus on 5 Years of Awesomeness !

My first time I have ever heard of OnePlus was during the launch of OnePlus X. Waaay before the iPhone X :p

I was about to get the phone but it was not available in my country Malaysia as it was not that popular.

Later on, I finally got my hands on the OnePlus 5T !
    The phone that rocks the mobile world. The Flagship Killer. One of the best phone ever made. All the reviews were amazing.

So I bought it on December 2017. Almost a year now.
    Never ever have i been impressed with what a phone can do. The customizability, the user's experience, everything was just perfect.

What make me love the most was when I first saw the "Community" Apps in this phone. Opened it and saw a lot of welcoming users, friendly and very helpful. The Mods kept asking for users opinion, feedback and bugs.

This phone, really is made from the community.. This one phone that im holding right now is because of the idea of thousands. and because of that i literally fall in love with OnePlus, and will try to give my opinions and help others in order to make this community great.

One + the community.
    OnePlus. Never Settle !

Dale F. and Dresa91 like this.
  13. Lemnioui Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

Lemnioui, Dec 18, 2018 :
    mon meilleur moments c'est quand j'ai reçu mon oneplus 6‚ produit rapide‚ recharge magic‚ gestes de navigation pie9 innovantes.

14. Kuldeepyadav05 Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

15. Kartik √ Froyo Dec 18, 2018

Kartik √, Dec 18, 2018 :
    my favorite OnePlus moment was when I had the OnePlus one, one would always ask which phone I was carrying and after saying OnePlus one they would stare st me and tell me that it might be a cheap Chinese brand and I was like yes Chinese...but not cheap lol.
    And just an year later they were asking me about the device and hoping to buy the OnePlus two lol. It was always fun to watch them swallow their own words.

Dale F. likes this.
  16. muharrem1961 Gingerbread Dec 18, 2018

Dale F. likes this.
  17. peaky blinders Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2018

script likes this.
  18. Parth@120 Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

Parth@120, Dec 18, 2018 :
    the accessories of phone are not available on online so what can I do for that .

19. jhambnitin85 Donut Dec 18, 2018

Dale F. and Tavernier_Valentin like this.
  20. JalananFreak Gingerbread Dec 18, 2018

JalananFreak, Dec 18, 2018 :
    One random question.

Why all of the mods/staff members use photo from their childhood as profile pic ? [e]1f602[/e]