tomikulmala likes this.
  2. tomikulmala
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

3. Deactivated User
    Dec 6, 2014

4. n0rb
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2014

n0rb , Dec 6, 2014 :
    well nevermind my last post. as of now its stuck in a boot loop. I cannot even turn it off anymore ...

areyesrn likes this.
  5. tomikulmala
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2014

tomikulmala , Dec 7, 2014 :
    I read "44S will fix it" from this forum. Tried 44S via OTA update and clean install, but neither of those ways fixed it.

6. mcaj2001
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2014

mcaj2001 , Dec 7, 2014 :
    I switched to color OS on my oneplus one and now I am getting awesome LTE speeds. The problem with random reboots has completely disappeared. Oneplus one please investigate why color is different from the rest of the Roms cm11.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

7. tzadka
    Donut Dec 7, 2014

tzadka , Dec 7, 2014 :
    Yes, this is what I experience on my device. No reboots on Color OS so the hardware is fine, I wrote on many threads that I solved it this way.

8. mcaj2001
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2014

mcaj2001 , Dec 7, 2014 :
    I feel strapped to color os. I wan to try CM12 on OPO but I know the random reboot will return. So what is the difference.

9. tzadka
    Donut Dec 7, 2014

tzadka , Dec 7, 2014 :
    Right!, and you know what's strange? If you will now flash a custom rom which is based on CM such as nightly, paranoid android... Everything will be very stable but the proximity sensor will not work, so you'll get a black screen during a call.

I think that something is wrong with the boot process that Color OS makes good and other roms based on CM are not.

10. Diamondstudd1
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2014

Diamondstudd1 , Dec 8, 2014 :
    Received my OnePlus One last Thursday, 4 December.

I powered up the OPO, and it began to randomly reboot immediately out of the box (I hadn't even taken off the protective cover from the glass before the first one occurred). It reboots an uncountable number of times per day (I'm guessing... 50-60 times?), making it completely unusable day-to-day as a mobile.

This is my first experience with OP and with Android, so, I had a bit of a crash course on rooting, flashing roms, using fastboot, etc. Upside: I learned a lot, and am coming to the realization that I might actually be an Android guy after having only ever used iOS.

That would be fine and dandy if I wasn't spinning my wheels with the OPO.

I have now tried everything I've been able to find on the OnePlus and XDA Developers forums to fix the issue:

- performed the fix to the persist partition (both ways - flashing persist.img, and through adb shell)
    - flashed every version of CM11S I could find, all the way to 44S
    - Flashed other ROMs as well: CM11 nightlies, Liquid, and SlimKat
    - Complete power cycle
    - Wiped every damn cache (including system), and data, ad nauseum
    - Returned to factory settings many, many times

I've been successful in completing all of the above operations - no errors, interruptions, nothing.

There are some curious things to note:

- the phone does not randomly reboot when it is plugged in.. to the charger or to my PC via USB... EVER, whether charging or not.
    - the phone does not randomly reboot in fastboot or recovery (or TWRP)
    - it doesn't matter what app I am using, or screen I am in, when the OPO is not plugged in to the charger or USB, it will constantly reboot every 2-3 minutes (it has done this since day 1, and this hasn't gotten any better)

And, on the even more bizarre end of things..

- I came upon a situation that keeps my phone from randomly rebooting: if a YouTube video is playing, the OPO does not randomly reboot! I haven't tested other media (OPO hasn't stayed on long enough to get there), but it seems like when the OPO is "busy" playing a video, it doesn't freeze and reboot.

I am now utterly out-of-my-depth. I've submitted a ticket, but am posting here in the hope one of my fellow OPO users can provide some insight. Otherwise, based on what I've read in these forums, I am royally ******.

11. Deactivated User
    Dec 8, 2014

12. blubberballs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2014

blubberballs , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Did you video your unboxing? If yes, it will help if the self-fixing doesn't work. And if you dread the hassle, you are well within your 14 day return and Paypal dispute window.

13. tzadka
    Donut Dec 9, 2014

tzadka , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Had the same experience. In any case to make it usable, flash Color OS rom for now.

14. greg.p1234
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

greg.p1234 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    @Sanam S ,

I used the link than you sent me in the email but my phone has screen issue, I sent you email with link to the file and been many day without any replay from you guys, overall it almost been two months since my first ticket... How long do I have to wait till you admit that my phone is not working and you either give me my money back or send new phone.?

tomikulmala likes this.
  15. thomson1991328
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2014

thomson1991328 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    it might sound stupid.... but anyone here know why my OPO will vibrate when I shake it (even when it was in my pocket while i was walking)....just weird and very annoying...

16. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2014

arashhsh , Dec 9, 2014 :
    Hello guys,

i was just using whatsapp and suddenly the phone shut down and got stuck in a bootloop. i dont know how i got there, i didnt do anything weird with it. i used stock cm11 44 version. didnt use any launcher or rom or whatsover. it was not rooted. so i really dont know what the problem should be.

so as i am stuck in a bootloop. i dont know what to do. it kept rebooting after the Oneplus logo. and now it also says the battery is low. i cant get into fastbootmode or whatever you call the volume Up + power switch trick. i cant charge the phone (as far as i know ) because it uses the little electricity it has to power on the phone immediately. i really dont know what to do. i searched on google and on this forum but i didnt understand the techtalk and i still didnt know what to do.

please someone help me. i am willing to reward the one who can fix my phone. i really need it to work again

PS: i prefere not to lose all my data but if thats the only way to get it work its okay.

many thanks in advance

UPDATE:
    i thank you all for your help.
    ive come to the coclusion that its not actually in bootloop. i saw another forum but it wasnt about bootloop at all! its actually about the phone not charging. thats why its rebooting everytime , i still dont really understand it but i have the same issue as this guy here :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-not-charging-fixed-added-video.77439/
    in the link above you can see what the phone does in this state.

im gonna do what he says and if it help then we will know what the problem was and how it got solved.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

17. dragon2777
    Jelly Bean Dec 9, 2014

dragon2777 , Dec 9, 2014 :
    If you can't get into recovery or fast boot then unfortunately I think you are going to have to put in a support ticket

arashhsh likes this.
  18. NeroRS
    KitKat Dec 10, 2014

arashhsh likes this.
  19. Deactivated User
    Dec 10, 2014

arashhsh and stephenlotus like this.
  20. stephenlotus
    KitKat Dec 10, 2014

arashhsh likes this.