FIX : Stuck at Boot Logo, Boot Loop, Random Reboot

1. Sanam S
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2015

Sanam S , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Try this:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ol-restore-stock-cm11s-fix-bricks-etc.237827/

PRK.R likes this.
  2. rabby.fazlay
    Eclair Feb 16, 2015

rabby.fazlay , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Hello all,

I am facing nightmare, sleepless few nights due to my O+ crashes... Let me elaborate my situation here..

I got One plus (Chinese version, with color OS), then i thought it was cool to convert it to CM, i did it with some toolbox which i got from here and XDA forum few months back , so got CM 11 44s... one fine morning in last week phone got hang, i rebooted and there were no sign of opening except for one plus logo. so basically got stuck at boot screen,

i started to read all posts of this forum, xda forum etc and finally managed to install back 05Q rom via ADB method (Fastboot), then rooted , installed custom recovery (TWRP) made backup from twrp, took efs back up and finally phone was running smoothly...

however i got 2 times hang today, i left my phone shuted down for few minutes and reopened ,

My question is the reason of the hang after a call or running a app etc. is there any permanent solution to this?

any body care to help? i am about to losing my mind as my favorite phone one plus just making me more frustrated :(

Thanks in advance

3. rez1_k
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 16, 2015

rez1_k , Feb 16, 2015 :
    Could you specify what apps you have installed/running in the background when your phone hangs?

4. bloewbubble
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2015

5. jmrouet
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2015

jmrouet , Feb 17, 2015 :
    Hello all,
    Just for information, on my 'non-rooted, still locked bootloader' vanilla 1+, I faced the 'stuck at boot logo' issue since the phone was updated (OTA) to 44S.

It was really annoying as the only solution I found when stuck was to press '10s' on power until it goes off... then wait 5 to 10 minutes, and start again.

Last week I updated the firmware to 05Q. Now everything runs fine, and I never faced the 'stuck at boot logo' ever again.
    I suspect the boot.img of 44S got corrupted somehow during the upgrade.
    Since running with 05Q, everything is good...

So for those having boot freeze issues, an upgrade to 05Q may be a working solution.
    Regards,
    JM

6. Onep lusone0000 02
    Froyo Feb 17, 2015

7. Jaimeiglesias
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

Jaimeiglesias , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Hi there!

I got the boot loop situation. I was sitting in my desk and suddenly the phone turned off and when I turned it on I had this boot loop error. I tried to set it with factory settings, which deletes all the media in my phone, but it didnt worked.

Then I saw this post, so I applied the patch as I was told and everything worked fine, but now, when I try to start my phone, there are problems again.

When it's time to choose a wifi and introduce a password and all that stuff that you do when you just bought the phone, the screen begins to show some blue lines everywhere, the mobile phone begins to shut down stuff like "media manager" or something like that (phone's language is spanish, so Im not sure how to translate that) and 5 seconds later it just reboots.

Anyone why is this happening? Anyone can help me? Thank you.

8. pacinoa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

9. pacinoa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

10. pacinoa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

11. pacinoa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

12. pacinoa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2015

13. M.V.
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2015

M.V. , Feb 19, 2015 :
    If anyone is still having such a hard and frustrating time with their oneplus one that is BootLooping, here is a Awesome solution if you haave not tried this out.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...den-death-bug-results-neverending-boot-loops/
    This fix is definitely 100% legit, it worked on my OPO. It has been already 3 weeks meybe getting there to a month. I HAVE NOT HAD NOT A SINGLE REBOOT OR BOOTLOOP SINCE THEN WITH THAT FIX, go ahead an try it.
    FIRST OFF YOUR OPO HAS TO BE UNLOCKED, MEANING BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED, IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK.
    message me or PM me or whatever its called on here. I'll gladly helped you out and resolve it.
    I helped out another person, he was well satisfied, so this definitely works.
    KEEP IN MIND THIS FIX IS ONLY FOR BOOTLOOPING, NOT SURE ABOUT STUCK IN BOOT LOGO OR RANDOM REBOOTS, GO AHEAD AND TRY OUT SEE IF IT WORKS.

JUST WANTING TO HELP PEOPLE OUT, AND REJOICE THAT PRECIOUS PHONE OF THEIRS!

*** THIS IS AN UPDATE TO THE POST ABOVE, I MADE THE POST ON DEC, 16 2014. IT IS NOW FEB. 19 2015. SO ITS ALREADY BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE I'VE FIXED MY PHONE. SINCE THEN I HAVEN'T HAD NOT ONE SINGLE REBOOT ON ITS OWN. PHONE WORKS FLAWLESSLY NOW. THE ABOVE METHOD DOES WORK!!! MESSAGE IF NEED HELP!

14. Spectre51
    Honeycomb Feb 21, 2015

Spectre51 , Feb 21, 2015 :
    I was having random lockups where it would freeze in the middle of what I was doing then reboot. Tried this fix (and ended up unlocking the boot loader and rooting) and haven't had any problems. Now if they would just fix the raw slow shutter crash issue my OPO would be perfect.

15. zouzouek
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2015

zouzouek , Feb 22, 2015 :
    I got this issue as well but every time i go into fastboot mode the phone reboots again. So the loop even continues in fastboot. Any suggestions?

16. rez1_k
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2015

rez1_k , Feb 24, 2015 :
    Hi,

Are you using a global version of the phone or the Chinese version? From what I read, the official fix only works on the global version only (even though I can't imagine why there would be such a limitation.) If you're using the Chinese version, you could try flashing to ColorOS first then try going back to CM11S if the bootloops stop. If you're using the global version, however, you could try using the WugFresh Bacon toolkit to try and fix your problem.

If you've read my previous post on this thread, I've detailed my experience with a bootloop situation which ultimately had no resolution since the phone had a minor hardware defect - my best guess was that the camera flash was shorting out and sending the phone into a reboot. This is not necessarily to suggest that all bootloops are related to hardware malfunctions. Rather just to let you know, it could be. Don't give up just yet: explore all the routes. If the solutions posted in these forums, XDA and the android police website don't help you, maybe you should consider applying for an RMA.

Good luck.

17. patil.utkarsh
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2015

patil.utkarsh , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Hi Sanam,
    My OPO is stuck in boot loop. It was not used for around 4 months so I think battery went too low below charge. I tried putting it on charge for 2 days. Still same. I sometimes get sign of "Battery too low. Charge before switch on" in Chinese & English. I raised a ticket they told me to install the software in fastboot but phone is not switching on so I cannot put it in fast boot to install those files. My computer also doesnt recognize it when connected. Then customer support told me to put it off charge for 12 hours and then charge for 6 hours, un-plug then plug for one hour or more and switch on but still it doesnt.
    Now even customer support is not responding to my mails.

Kindly let me know what can I do to make it work.

P.S: I am not a geek so please tell me procedure which is easy to understand and can me done by anyone like me.

18. dannsku
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2015

dannsku , Mar 2, 2015 :
    I was trying to root my oneplus one but i kind of messed up and now its stuck in oneplus logo and refuses to go futher. Ive tryed to recovery but didnt do anything. when i try to recover it or reboot it says "No OS installed!" how can i get my oneplus one back to factory new??

19. Spectre51
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2015

Spectre51 , Mar 3, 2015 :
    Well still getting lockups where it reboots but not as often. Frustrating.

20. M.V.
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2015

M.V. , Mar 3, 2015 :
    Ok dannsku, I could help you out, basically what you did there is erase everything that's on the phone, including the android OS. It's easy to get it back, just want to know did you install a custom recovery on there. If so, look for the factory images on google or xda-developers. They have it, and than i'll you have to do is flash over to the phone and install in it. and your good to go. Or you can do it on fastboot mode either one should work. Let me know,if you need more help on here, through a msg though...