Fix the horrible GPS

1. f.jusdado Froyo Nov 8, 2018

f.jusdado, Nov 8, 2018 :
    Short feedback

After I was in Australia for holidays (from Germany), and changing simcard to an australian one, this problem still happened. So I complained again and OnePlus changed my motherboard (I know because I have new IMEI numbers) and for the moment everything is working, but I only tried it for 3 days.

We will see because I don't believe the issue is hardware, but more on the software side, since the change in the gps.conf can fix it, but I honestly don't want to loose AndroidPay or anything that uses the stupid safetynet system.

G_Godfrey_H._vCHr likes this.
  2. G_Godfrey_H._vCHr Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

G_Godfrey_H._vCHr, Nov 8, 2018 :
    Agree on the software issue. After some time (quite a few months), I finally upgraded to the latest OS and re-rooted my phone with Magisk instead of SuperSU (for two reasons - 1) SuperSU is no longer in development 2) Magisk claims to be able to hide from safetynet) and Magisk works flawlessly! I can use Android Pay and pass all safetynet tests and everything. I mean, be warned, this can change at anytime, but it seems to be ok for now!

3. f.jusdado Froyo Nov 12, 2018

f.jusdado, Nov 12, 2018 :
    New feedback, the new mobo does not make a difference, it is clearly a problem in Software.

I am a bit tired of the shit, but I rather not use magisk, since I like to have the system up to date and is a pain later to be updating the phone manually (I know, some people like to do it, I liked in the past, now I have other hobbies with which spend the time). So, for the moment, will complain again as a bug, hopefully one day they fix it, otherwise, I will remain like this until I change phone.

Too bad OP team did not care about this too much (the solution is found by people and OP didn't implement it).

G_Godfrey_H._vCHr likes this.