Fixing the ghost touch/grounding issue once and for all! (Hint: it was never a software problem)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon2777
    Jelly Bean Dec 24, 2014

dragon2777 , Dec 24, 2014 :
    Yeah I had saw that was the reason thank you for explaining it

2. denisuu
    Froyo Dec 28, 2014

denisuu , Dec 28, 2014 :
    I had the same problem RMA'ed my device got a new one. Didn't have one ghost touch or swype in months it overheated once (I think) now it has it all the time.

Here is a video of my trying to type test.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2832822

Does this really fix the ghost touches and unresponsive screen? I don't care about the grounding.

3. abhi12ka44
    Froyo Dec 28, 2014

abhi12ka44 , Dec 28, 2014 :
    Oo teri phone naal operation kidha,,,,

4. vcespon
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2014

vcespon , Dec 28, 2014 :
    It reminds me of a issue that happened to the Samsung Galaxy S, that had the GPS antenna on the battery cover, and it had to communicate with the logic board through a thin flexible copper strio. That thing became permanently bent with time and stopped making contact with the antenna. The issue was clearly seen if you pressed in a spot on the side of the phone, making the two contacts touch again. It's shameful that a device so expensive and technologically advanced is ruined by a piece of plastic or copper that costs 0.0001 $.

5. ayeisha
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2014

6. fazfactor
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

fazfactor , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Awesome... Great work.

7. dadys
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2014

dadys , Dec 29, 2014 :
    Wow! Vantt 1 mate, you're crazy but crazy damn good ! Well done pal!

8. Mouro_81
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2014

Mouro_81 , Dec 30, 2014 :
    Truly embarassing decision by OnePlus!!!
    I was very disappointed to learn that the original poster (@vantt1) was banned from the forums!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/2poisb/i_have_been_banned_indefinitely_from_oneplus/
    He was a very helpful member and the reasons alleged by OnePlus for banning him sound more like a case of unacceptable censorship!
    I am a happy owner of a OPO but I would appreciate more transparency from OnePlus.

9. Axara
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2014

Axara , Dec 30, 2014 :
    That's the word that truly afraids me in all this story: censorship.
    Cause, I don't care about OP's reasons, they only sound like excuses to silence an user who was tickling them too much and pointing out (and backing up) his reasoning with some true proof.
    A sad story, or how OP showed its true face.

10. zeeshanali
    Donut Jan 8, 2015

11. DanishJ
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2015

steel333, meer86 and Ceasedd like this.
  12. OALEXANDER
    Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 14, 2015

djozaa and Ceasedd like this.