"Flagship killer" customer support level

1. thom1515
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2015

thom1515 , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Dear OnePlus,

I communicate through this medium because I don’t feel take seriously through the customer support.

I have touch screen issues with my phone after two months of using and submitted a ticket. It is expected I download 6 programs with a combined size of more than 1.5 GB to start a remote session. However, some of the files send to me are password protected. First of all I don’t expect from a company which represents itself as a “flagship killer” this level customer service. I have the impression OnePlus it making it extremely difficult for customers to obtain support by letting the customer install several files and submit vague links to third party websites with software to be downloaded. Subsequently some of this software is password protected. Every other phone producer allows customers to send their phone back so it can be examined. Another example is that OnePlus asks their customers to take apart their phone to make pictures of the inside. During this process I have damaged my phone since It is not designed to be taken apart.

I have made several attempts to ship my phone back so it can be examined, because I am sure my phone has a hardware related problem. I am willing to pay for the shipping and examining cost if proven wrong.

I hope you will take my complaint seriously and take responsibility of your products. Therefor I hope OnePlus will provide the claimed “Flagship killer” customer support and accept shipping my phone back so it can be further examined. Please contact me with a private message to discuss the steps to be taken.

Thanks in advance, Thom Langejan

P.S. I am curious how other peoples experiences are with the customer support of OnePlus

2. decentralized
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2015

decentralized , Dec 14, 2015 :
    OnePlus isn't the one to blame if you can't flash a ROM or ota update. Touchscreen issues are fixed when you update to the latest version of CyanogenOS.

3. DrJMun
    KitKat Dec 14, 2015

DrJMun , Dec 14, 2015 :
    OnePlus' lack of real customer support is legendary. They seem to go out of their way to antagonize their customers and put in enough delay tactics (such as downloads and picture taking) so that the customer eventually gives up.

4. Deactivated User
    Dec 14, 2015

5. seanoliverr
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2015

seanoliverr , Dec 14, 2015 :
    Having the same issues after having my oneplus one for six weeks. I submitted a ticket just the same and have currently reached the session you have described above.

I subbmited my ticket at: November 26, 2015 18:31
    Received a reply basically telling me to try restarting it: December 05, 2015 17:53
    Book a live session message: December 13, 2015 19:19

My oneplus one is completely unresponsive for 1/3 of the screen at the bottom.
    Before this I had a Nexus 5 which lasted days before the warranty, power button failure. The phone was stuck in boot loop as the button was "stuck". Sent my phone and received a reconditioned phone within days. However this second Nexus developed the exact same problem 6 months later so I went to the OnePlus.

I'm assuming it's impossible to receive a full refund from OnePlus?