Flashing CM 13 On OnePlus X-Issue

1. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    Hello Community,

Yesterday I tried Rooting and Flashing CM13 on my OPX, It was not so easy , however I was successfully able to Install CM 13 Now I tried various GAPPS for my OPX it did not work, Finally I found GAPPS on some website and I tried Flashing those on my OPX after flashing my OPX was getting stuck on CM logo and it never went far from that tried restarting devices several times didn't work,After doing so much of the workaround I got tired and restored OOS from backup.

Can some one help me with the link of working GAPPS file.

It would have been so easy if CM 13 would come with GAPPS.

Regards,

2. stephenboyo
    KitKat May 11, 2016

3. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

4. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb May 11, 2016

dshaikh likes this.
  5. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    I treid Nano Varient Yesterday It did not work....

6. Saurabh40629
    Honeycomb May 11, 2016

Saurabh40629 , May 11, 2016 :
    I use micro-gapps, it works. Make sure to download ARM for 6.0.1 version.

dshaikh likes this.
  7. Craig2703
    Honeycomb May 11, 2016

Craig2703 , May 11, 2016 :
    You have to flash through twrp cm13 and gapps at same time then boot or it will do that

8. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    I have selected both zip files in twrp , messege appears as installed successfully , however it did not went ahead from CM logo waited for more than 15 mins, phone got heated like hell, got scared and rolled back to OOS, But I really loved CM13 , I had it for like 30 Mins, just because of freakin GAPPS I had to loose it.... :(

9. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    Tried Micro As well.... No luck

10. orionaselite
    Gingerbread May 11, 2016

orionaselite , May 11, 2016 :
    I think what may have happened in your case is that when TWRP told you your phone is not rooted at the end of the 2 flashes (I mean after installing the 2 zip files just before restart) you said yes. you should say do not install supersu then it will work whether you install pico,nano or full makes no difference other then which gapps are installed. You can root cm13 automatically via developer options later. no supersu.zip needed

11. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    Thank you veru much bro, This might be the case I remember selecting install Super SU, I will try method which you have mentioned, However I have rolled back the changes and back to OOS, and now again I have to root my phone, could you please help me with simple method for root which doesn't require connecting my phone to PC and using command prompt.

12. orionaselite
    Gingerbread May 11, 2016

I will trying and give you the steps but you will need to connect to the pc anyway. I am assuming you are on stock recory and have no twrp installed. root is much later and is done after cm133 and gapps are installed

1. go into settings ---> about phone
    2. hit build number 7 times until you have developer options
    3. Go into developer options and set these to on if they aren't already. If they are continue to the next step
    Advanced Reboot
    OEM unlock
    allow debugging and if it gives a prompt when you connect the usb to the pc allow it and set always remember choice.
    4. Power off your phone you should get a few options select bootloader this should take you to fastboot mode
    5. Assume you have this file https://dl.twrp.me/onyx/twrp-3.0.2-0-onyx.img.html
    6. In cmd type
    7. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-onyx.img
    8. fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-onyx.img You should be in twrp
    9. install cm13 and gapps like before
    reboot but remember to say no to supersu
    10. when all goes well and you are up and running
    11. go into settings ---> about phone
    12. hit build number 7 times until you have developer options
    13. go into developer options there will by an options called root access enable that

icklass likes this.
  13. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    Thank you very much for the info my friend, However I have already tried all this and again I have flashed CM13 on my phone it is working like a charm, now all I need is GAPPS, whenever I install GAPPS after CM13 my phone won't start , it gets stuck at CM logo.

PS- I have TWRP on my phone.

14. orionaselite
    Gingerbread May 11, 2016

what i did was install them at the same time

just click and add multiple zips cm then gapps and then reboot

I used open_gapps-arm-6.0-full-20160506

15. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    Well What should I say now... I have tried this as well, I don't know whats Wrong??

16. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb May 11, 2016

kshiteejnaik , May 11, 2016 :
    I said pico, not nano. As mentioned by someone above, don't flash SuperSU and clear cache/dalvic after installing. This should work.
    Also, are you going for clean flash?

17. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    So far I have tried Pico,Nano, and some more from other websites, and yes every time I try I wipe system, dalvik, cache, and data, after that I perform Factory reset in TWRP, so that's clean I guess....

18. Bounze
    Honeycomb May 11, 2016

Bounze , May 11, 2016 :
    This is what I've done and this worked perfectly for me: wipe dalvik, system and cache, flash cm13 and the gapps from opengapps.org (arm, 6.0, micro) and then boot the system into cm13. You don't need root since cm13 has built in root in the developer options.

19. kshiteejnaik
    Honeycomb May 11, 2016

kshiteejnaik , May 11, 2016 :
    I'll help you with some steps coz I don't know what's the issue here
    1. Factory data reset.
    2. Flash cm13.
    3. Clean cache/dalvik.
    4. Flash gapps.
    5. Clean cache/dalvik.
    6. Reboot.
    This is what I did and it was done.
    Also, I hope you're using twrp 3.0.2

20. dshaikh
    Froyo May 11, 2016

dshaikh , May 11, 2016 :
    Thank you very much everyone for helping me out here, I will try the method suggested by @kshiteejnaik and will surely let you guys know about the progress.