Flashing ROMS & Correct Process

1. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

elitekernel , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Okay so I followed the correct procedures and rooted my phone with Stock 33R OTA Updated, unchecked updated recovery bacon recovery teamwin, and im good to go.

Now I want to actually get into flashing ROMS, will I lose all data/settings/reset, switching/flashing ROMS ?

Pretty sure theres a thread on this, please link. Thanks !

2. dncrgl
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

dncrgl , Sep 8, 2014 :
    From my understanding after flashing the CM Nightly, you have to unlock your bootloader in order to load files onto your phone. When you type in the command in fastboot it will ask if you're sure since it will wipe your data, system, and cache before it will unlock the bootloader. Chromium on XDA and on this forum has a very thorough guide on how to root and unlock the bootloader so check that out. Rooting is inherent to the ROM, so if you install a new ROM you will not be rooted. Your bootloader will stay unlocked though.

3. oelf
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

oelf , Sep 8, 2014 :
    If you install a custom rom, you have to wipe all your data ;)

4. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

I'm on an unlocked bootloader teamwin, custom bacon recovery, with supersuzipflashed. im rooted already, i just want to know the process and a little information on flashing ROMS.

thanks dude, can you fill me in on tools/tricks guys use when they switch ROMS from time to time. i know there are a few tricks and tips to make the process ALOT easier nowadays. things change since i used to root.

5. psych0o
    Froyo Sep 8, 2014

psych0o , Sep 8, 2014 :
    I've yet to get hands on 1+1 but the process should be similar. The best tool to back up apps+their data is hands down TitaniumBackup. As for the flashing process I would highly suggest to seek out also to the XDA forums as they are dedicated specially to modding and flashing android ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general

6. army_13f
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2014

army_13f , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Reboot into recovery flash a zip with custom ROM lose all your data. I think that is pretty simple and easy to follow. Also before I forget pray to the nandroid, 1+, and Obama that your phone doesn't randomly lose power reboot or anything while flashing so you don't get bricked.

7. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

yeah im on there right now browsing.Thanks! i am going to use titanium backup.

Thanks bro, another question, - How do i revert back to the stock CM11S ? ( what do they call the standard image that cyanogen comes with, also a ROM ? )

Tell me if im wrong here is how i understand,; After flashing a ROM, its basically re-formatting and re-installing new windows correct ?

CM11S never sits in an underlay of the ROM, ROMS are its own full image?

OR

do ROMS just emulate the environment and run on top of CM11s ?

This will give me a better understanding of why and what im flashing.

Thanks guys!

8. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2014

9. Aaahh
    Marshmallow Sep 8, 2014

Aaahh , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Cm11s disappears, you want multirom (google)

vmk2310 likes this.
  10. vmk2310
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2014

vmk2310 , Sep 8, 2014 :
    They completely wipe CM11 so I suggest a nandroid backup through recovery if you want to go back.