Folders and Widgets randomly disappear from home screens

1. VillageId10t
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

VillageId10t , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Same issue. Happened 3 times now since I've received the phone. I only use 1 widget (Clock) and a 1 page of apps in folders.

2. jmconthe1sand2s
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2015

jmconthe1sand2s , Feb 8, 2015 :
    I'm having the same problem. And phone is only a couple of says old, its getting rather irritating now. Has anyone found a fix? is everyone running the same version on CyanogenMod?

wargarv likes this.
  3. jack.leitch
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

jack.leitch , Feb 13, 2015 :
    I'm having the same problem too. It's happening with individual apps and entire folders. They will randomly come back after a reboot, sometimes many cycles later. Any word from OnePlus or Cyanogen on this issue?

4. leonhardeuler1707
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2015

leonhardeuler1707 , Feb 21, 2015 :
    Just happened to me! I have the phone for two months with no such problem.

I can say for sure that it's a Cyanogen/Android problem rather than a specifically OPO problem. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S3 with CM11, with the same problem and no solution.

Ayham11 likes this.
  5. Suzmaduz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 21, 2015

Suzmaduz , Feb 21, 2015 :
    Here is a thought: maybe somebody else did it while you weren't looking. Just too **** with you. Lol. I would!!!!

6. Ayham11
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2015

Ayham11 , Feb 25, 2015 :
    I think the problem is Cyanogen not the phone. I installed the latest version of Cyanogen on my Galaxy S3 before I bought my Oneplus One and had this problem daily. I now have a Oneplus One and it's happening too. Not regularly, maybe once a week. Not a great inconvenience, but a nuisance.

7. Noeh23
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2015

Noeh23 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    + bump

Never happened to me with a widget or a specific app but full homescreens disappear. I had 3 from start. After about 3 months the third was gone and then after about 2 weeks the second disappeared and I am left with the 1 homescreen..... is anyone from OnePlus aware and working on this?

8. jpalomogu
    Donut Apr 13, 2015

jpalomogu , Apr 13, 2015 :
    The same happens to me. Some time the apps/widget reappers when rebooting, but now I have all my screen empty.
    quite annoying

9. koolmoo
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

koolmoo , May 1, 2015 :
    Just wanna report the same issue. I am running the stock CM 11S rom that came with the phone. I wonder if Oxygen OS has this issue or not?

10. jayace
    Cupcake May 16, 2015

jayace , May 16, 2015 :
    I just had this same thing happen to me this morning where I turned on my phone. Several apps and folders were missing from my home screen. I'm on COS 12.

11. yaelbell
    Cupcake May 26, 2015

yaelbell , May 26, 2015 :
    Just to report, I got the phone a week ago, and been having the same problem. Annoying!

12. spease
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2015

spease , Jul 2, 2015 :
    I have had the same issue every few weeks. I am using Themer, which is different from many complaining about this, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with any theme software, it did not happen until after I installed Ready though, which is a themeable dialer and contact program. I only lose widgets, and I lose all of them at once, I never lose any icons.
    I will have to remove Ready and see if it stops happening.

13. CountryLobster
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2015

CountryLobster , Jul 2, 2015 :
    I've the same problem. Some icons and folders will disappear but it only happens after a reboot. I'm on the latest update (xS2I3) but this problem has happened before the update too.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

14. Deactivated User
    Jul 3, 2015

15. jilschner
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2015

jilschner , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Same here. Have the OPO already for a while and it works really good but this is a bit annoying. Didn't have this problem before the last update of Cyanogen.

Jens

16. jilschner
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2015

jilschner , Jul 10, 2015 :
    I might have found the reason for this issue. At least it doesn't happen for me anymore. Maybe somebody else having the same issue can verify? There's an app installed named 'Themer' which is - I assume - a default app as I can't recall installing it manually. I have changed my theme one time ago and this might have caused the issue. I have now reset the themes and just use the plain vanilla 'India'. I have restarted the phone and all widgets remain where they are.

Could you try this as well on your end?

Thanks in advance

Jens

17. Cawas
    Eclair Dec 4, 2015

Cawas , Dec 4, 2015 :
    Well, it just happened to me as well and as with most people I won't even try to talk to OPO support, it was all random (nobody picked my phone) and nothing helps: reboot, uninstalling some app, waiting random time, using just 2 screens with folders (as I always did) or whatever.

There were 2 reasons I didn't pick Nova Launcher right away:
    • to try OPO launcher (regreted it, since it offers no backup or way to have things back **and** crashes this randomly) and;
    • I really loved the launcher's drawer. Very practical for over 50 apps.

My advice to all of you is: forget Trebuchet! Get Nova Launcher or any one that offers backups.

Cheers! :)

18. czar
    Donut Dec 17, 2015

czar , Dec 17, 2015 :
    This happen to me too!

19. sakthiganesht
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2015

sakthiganesht , Dec 25, 2015 :
    Everyday some issue with opo... Random restarts, phone call not audible, icon and widget randomly deleted from home screens & wifi goes off automatically when idle though the setting is set to keep wifi ON during idle.

What the hell is opo developers doing?? Where is the support from opo as an organization to the consumers... It's disappointing

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015

20. Black_Valyrian
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2015

Black_Valyrian , Dec 28, 2015 :
    Same problem here on new One Plus X. I have 6 folders, each of them loses half of apps after reboot. Is there a fix for this?