Launcher Folders Within The App Drawer

1. josiahgranada
    Donut Mar 5, 2020

josiahgranada , Mar 5, 2020 :
    This is basically an added customization where we can further organize the app drawer. Sometimes if there's too many apps, one can have a hard time searching for it. I understand there is what we call the search bar for apps within the app drawer, but I think it will also be better if we can add the function of being able to create app folders within the app drawer so that our apps are more organized. This will be a neat feature to those who want better arrangements in their app drawers. Never Settle! Keep up the great work Oneplus. I love IDEAS!

2. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Apr 30, 2020

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Apr 30, 2020 :
    [Adopted]
    Hi josiahgranada, thank you for bringing this up. Yes, we have noticed that it's important to better support the app drawer organization, and you may be happy to know that we are already working on it.

Not only folders, we are also exploring other features that can help on the app drawer organizing goal. We look forward to your testing feedback after we can release the work, stay tuned!

Learn more about how your Idea flows within OnePlus

HemanshuG, Seiian, 97pratyush and 2 others like this.
  3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 5, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Hey buddy, Nice idea.
    But similar implementation if not exact is available in App drawer.
    Screenshot_20200305-191901.jpg

Mike_Jiang and Batman360 like this.
  4. josiahgranada
    Donut Mar 5, 2020

josiahgranada , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Hi there! I see. But what I was trying to say is the added function of creating a folder in the app drawer like what we can do in the homescreen, not just simply labels that can be tapped. It's nice, but the apps that are grouped are decided by the system. What I envisioned was the ability to group whatever apps that you want to group and be able to put them in a folder where you are comfortable to access anytime. For example, grouping apps that belong to different categories. [e]1f60a[/e]

97pratyush likes this.
  5. 97pratyush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 5, 2020

97pratyush , Mar 5, 2020 :
    This is what I need too. I've over 200+ apps, so app drawer becomes a mess. Some apps can be hidden in hidden space but this only applies for those apps which I don't open daily.
    Folders inside app drawer will make UX so much better.

6. OverThrust
    Donut Mar 6, 2020

7. Zhivko Petkov
    Froyo Mar 6, 2020

OverThrust likes this.
  8. ngrioli
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2020

ngrioli , Mar 6, 2020 :
    Agregué una solicitud similar. Necesitamos algo como lo que nos dan otros lanzadores en este caso, y citando al Nova Launcher más conocido. Es una molestia ver tanto desorden de aplicaciones en el cajón.

9. Joardm
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2020

OverThrust and josiahgranada like this.
  10. A1585435543312
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

josiahgranada likes this.
  11. Buzz85
    Froyo Apr 19, 2020

Buzz85 , Apr 19, 2020 :
    For some reason they added putting all your apps on the homescreen iPhone style, rather than having an app drawer. If you like that option.

I'd much rather have app drawer folders. The apps I use frequently would be on my home screen, and the rest left in my app drawer. But those apps would be organised within folders.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020

12. Q1586884092848
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2020

Q1586884092848 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 23, 2020 :
    Definitely need this option IMO. I've just moved from Samsung galaxy and I think that's a really good feature on their app drawer. They also the ability to select multiple apps to either move or uninstall in one move, very useful. Other than that... R.I.P Samsung.

13. AfazK
    Donut Apr 26, 2020

AfazK , Apr 26, 2020 :

While having personalized folders in the app drawer would be a great addition, it would also be nice to have full control of the app position placement in the app drawer, since it seems to be locked down in alphabetical order. Sometimes users like to move their apps around to get a more personalized feel to their device, and to make it their own. Never Settle!

14. josiahgranada
    Donut Apr 26, 2020

josiahgranada , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 26, 2020 :
    I totally agree with you on this!

AfazK likes this.
  15. josiahgranada
    Donut Apr 26, 2020

josiahgranada , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 26, 2020 :
    Welcome to Oneplus man!

Q1586884092848 likes this.