For a company with "never settle" as a tagline, their after sales support is pretty poor

1. Christopher.Poole
    Cupcake Mar 26, 2021

Christopher.Poole , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Now let me start by saying I've sold OnePlus devices for years, sine the 3T in fact, and I've been a huge advocate of them. I had the 5 and 7 Pro since then.

So here's the situation:
    TL:DR for anyone, My OnePlus 7 Pro went faulty in mid-Feb. The camera would pop up, but no picture would load. I sent for repair, and it isn't back yet. Its been over a month and I'm not holding out faith that it'll be resolved any time soon.

Details and Timeline
    22nd Feb: I raise a support case, and get the service request approved
    23rd Feb: I post my device to OnePlus via Royal Mail (tracked)
    24th Feb: My device is received at destination, confirmed via Royal Mail website
    2nd March: I call OnePlus as my repair status is still showing as "service requested". I am told my device has been received and being worked upon. I'm told it will take a further 2 days for the inspection, and then 5 days to ship back (working days too). My frustration at the fact it's been 5 working days already is noted, but nothing can be done, this is just how long it takes
    12th March: I call again as its been a further 9 working day and no device. I get told that my device was actually shipped back to me on the 26th Feb (blatant misinformation on the first call) I am told my case is to be escalated to L2 and and update will be 3-5 days
    16th March: I receive an email (the afore-promised update) with the tracking number used to post back
    17th March: I call Oneplus as the DHL website says my package was delivered on the 14th March, and also delayed on the 14th. (the website also says they attempted delivery on the first, but I was not in. That's fair, I wasn't. I request a further update from OnePlus as to the next steps
    17th March: I call OnePlus, they say they will check and esclate my case to L2 and I will get an update in 3-5 days
    17th March: I call DHL to ask about the shipping number, they inform me it has been returned to sender.
    17th March: I call OnePlus t tell them this information, and am told that I need to wait 3-5 days, or to email DHL to get this to send to OnePlus. I send an email, but am annoyed that it's me that has to do the chasing
    19th March: I call Oneplus and am fuming. I am told that I will be contacted that day
    19th March: I am contacted by L2 to say that I have to report my device as lost with my network and to email them with this so they can start the exchange process
    19th March, I call my network provider, have the device barred, and email this to OnePlus
    21st March: I realise my network provider did not include the IMEI, and chase them. I receive the confirmed email this time and send to OnePlus
    21st March: I call OnePlus again and am told that they have recieved my email. I am told to expect an update soon
    21st March. I get an email from L2 confirming that my details have been forwarded to the service center, and once they check they will let me know the next steps
    26th March: No update has been received from OnePlus, and I post here.

I want to point out that in all occasions where I've been told to wait however many days, I have either received pitiful updates, or no update at all and I've been forced to call myself

Has the first advisor on the 2nd advised me the phone hd been shipped on the 26th, I would've gone to DHL and could have arranged re-delivery. This initial mess up has caused untold stress and frustration

To date I have still heard nothing, and my service request simply shows that it is requested. This entire process has been awful from the moment my device was received at the OnePlus center. And now I don't know what to do. I will call again tomorrow, but I expect to be told to wait ANOTHER 3-5 days for no update.

TheMystic and nizamsyed786 like this.
  2. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Mar 26, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Mar 26, 2021 :
    @SoniaB @camohan If it's not too much trouble, I think you'll be able to assist better here :)

Tokolozi, otto2 and Bobbie63 like this.
  3. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Mar 26, 2021

pablofg1978 , Mar 26, 2021 :
    Hello there, can you send me a pm with the cs ticket number and I will escalate to oneplus

Tokolozi, McJader, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Mar 27, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Mar 27, 2021 :
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused and would need more details to assist you further on this. Request you to reply to the personal conversation. Looking forward for your response!

Regards,
    Ghazala

otto2 likes this.
  5. Christopher.Poole , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Update:

Called today 27th March as the 3-5 days has expired. As suspected I didn't get contacted myself and had to call them myself.

I actually got passed upwards and spoke to a supervisor who was very apologetic, and has said they are going to take personal responsibility for this now to ensure I get an update in the next 2-3 working days.

I said I appreciate that, but still expect that I'll have to be the one to call back.

So this is being looked into (still)

Current count is day 33.

puccellino and otto2 like this.
  6. puccellino
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2021

B_Wrath, McJader and Bobbie63 like this.
  7. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2021

McJader , Apr 12, 2021 :
    :rolleyes:
    Are you a bug hunter or a support executive?

Tobikage and Bobbie63 like this.
  8. B_Wrath
    Nougat Apr 12, 2021

B_Wrath , Apr 12, 2021 :
    The answer you'll get:

9. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 12, 2021

Tokolozi and Bobbie63 like this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    The answer is: Yes

B_Wrath and McJader like this.
  11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2021

B_Wrath, Tokolozi and McJader like this.
  12. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Apr 12, 2021

SoniaB , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Folks, can you not please derail this thread? @puccellino bumped thread to check with user if issue is now resolved, whilst your posts are unhelpful.

Continue in the thread linked ^^