For back camera & popup camera not working via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. prem13
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2020

prem13 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 17, 2020 :
    I'm in a bit of a pickle. Since a few days my camera stopped working as well as Snapchat and my flashlight. I have deleted all newly downloaded apps on my phone. I removed the cache and user data from the camera app. Tried the camera in safe mode but that didn't work.

can anyone please help me? it's about the pup-up camera as well as the main camera. Thanks everyone!

2. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Sep 17, 2020

3. novrainn06
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2020

novrainn06 , Nov 18, 2020 :
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am also facing the same problems in my OnePlus & Pro 12/256 after trying android 10 beta, my front+rear camera not working, only a full black screen appears when I open the camera app. Flash/Torchlight button on quick launch top bar also disabled (Grey), youtube start properly but not loading any video. I have again installed Android 10 official 10.3.2GM21AA, 10.3.6GM21AA but still, remain the same problem. I also did the full setup in Qualcomm QH9008 (EDL mode), link

Safe mode, clear camera cash, disable, reset factory settings etc bla bla also no luch as mentioned in the link https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-fix-oneplus-7-pro-unfortunately-camera-has-stopped-error/

Then i downgrade to android 9.5.1GM21AA, 9.5.13.GM21AA both cases my rear camera working, Flash/Torchlight and youtube also working fine. The only problem remains nothing happened when pressing to switch front (popup) camera. I have tried Gcams, and it crashes when switching to the front camera. Heres the link of downgrading to Stock android 9 ROM

I have tried some other custom ROM Android 10 like Havoc OS 3.11, Lineage OS 17.1, Lineage OS 18.0 etc but still front+rear+flashlight not working.

Is this problem related to Kernel? Android 9 Kernel version 4.14.83, and android Kernal higher versions 4.14.117, 4.14.200 etc.

Does anybody have faced similar problem? I also check using CPUZ or AIDA64, it does not detect fron+real camera in Android 10, and in Android 9 detects real camera but unable to detect the front camera.

So requesting to give a solution if anybody already has succeeded, seems its not hardware issue, as in that case rear camera also not working in Android 9. How to do a full/fresh Android setup as like manufacturers do? Is there any chance to do flashing using box (UFI etc) at the service shop?

Attached Files:

4. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 19, 2020

J4t1np4r3kh , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 19, 2020 :
    It's best you contact a service centre given the effort you've already been through.

They'll be best able to guide you

5. K1593853131627
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

K1593853131627 , Nov 20, 2020 :
    hello, I have the same problem as my colleague above. I am working the same as my colleague and the effect is identical. only uploading the old version of android 9 rear camera and youtube, the flashlight works except for the front camera which does not extend. Please help.

novrainn06 likes this.
  6. Pauladev
    Eclair Nov 24, 2020

Pauladev , Nov 24, 2020 :
    I have just been in contact with service centre as my front camera stopped working esp on face unlock. It pops up, and after a few seconds down but no selfie picture, just returns to home screen. Did factory reset but no improvement. They asked me to return it for repair. It has just gone off to Poland from Portugal via UPS. I didn't associate it with an update , nor the fact that my battery lasts less than 4 hours, which I thought was just a 1 year old battery that had been recharged too much!

novrainn06 likes this.
  7. lijop
    Eclair Dec 14, 2020

lijop , Dec 14, 2020 :
    Do you have an update? Am in the same situation.

8. novrainn06
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2020

9. _Bharat_
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

10. novrainn06
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

novrainn06 , Jan 6, 2021 :
    I met another person, who faced same issue. after android 10.3.7 update his both camera stopped working. then as per my suggestion downgraded to android 9.5.3 and then again both camera working. but if again android 10 update by OTA faced same camera not working issue. so it should be a software related problem for sure.

11. I1577380104284
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

I1577380104284 , Jan 6, 2021 :
    I am too facing the same issue. It started with front camera and gradually the back camera too stopped working. I get a black screen and apps which use camera tend to hang if by chance I open their camera associated features. In the past few days I have observed few other apps too are not working like flash, YouTube is frozen, Phones message app hangs if i open any message. I have already tried clearing cache and even factory data reset but no help. Any suggestions what i can try more?

12. novrainn06
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2021

novrainn06 , Jan 7, 2021 :
    Try downgrade to android 9, as per the below procedure.

if its in Android 10 then downgrade to android 9, your camera will work. atleast rear camera will work.

see this youtube tutorial

and download this file https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=...aRzFIQ2lQN3A5V1ZPSQ==&event=video_description

copy this to root directory of oneplus 7 pro. then go to system upgrade show local upgrade, click gear symbol & select the file that downloaded.