For the Love of the Pop Up! via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. drummer79
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2020

drummer79 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 31, 2020 :
    How many are like me and torn between upgrading from the 7 Pro to the 8 Pro? Largely due to how Awesome the Pop Up Camera is. I love that camera and I think it is one of the coolest conversation starters. I had so many people tell me how cool it is and ask what phone it is. Surely I'm not the only one? Hello, is there anybody out there?
    1585690480182.jpg

joshdigit and Bouncer71 like this.
  2. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2020

xMcMx , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 1, 2020 :
    I would strongly advise against upgrading. The design choices might play into this as I also really like the pop up camera.

But more importantly: Your device is not even one year old! There should be no good reason to upgrade and waste money and resources. The 8 series might be a tad faster or a little bit better with battery performance but that's it.

I will never get people who buy a new phone every 6-12 months.

drummer79 likes this.
  3. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 1, 2020

jayanyway , Apr 1, 2020 :
    Well, for me I enjoy new tech. Even if the hardware might not change much. Any improvement/change is welcomed. I loved the popup camera at first but being a Snapchat user the popup camera annoys me now. Every time I launch the app it pops up. Yes, I know to switch to the rear camera before leaving the app but still.

I'm excited for the 8! I'm hoping for a better camera experience.

drummer79 likes this.
  4. J_Duece_81
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2020

J_Duece_81 , Apr 2, 2020 :
    Let them pay for that ip rating on the 8pro. Hopefully, in 2 more years ip ratings don't cost so much.

drummer79 likes this.
  5. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Apr 8, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 8, 2020 :
    I "buy" a new every year due to a renewal system. I pay of 50% and then turn in the old one and start paying on next phone until 50%. The old is recycled as spare parts or resold.

drummer79 likes this.
  6. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Apr 8, 2020

drummer79 likes this.