For those who are asking about Color OS camera, here are my samples!

1. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    I have heard so much about the Color OS camera app, which people telling me is the BEST camera app for OnePlus One phone so I went ahead and install Color OS just to try it out so I just wanna share my samples with you here if you guys want to? :)

The reason why Im doing this is because I was searching on internet everywhere about the picture samples taken with OPO in Color OS and couldn't find anything at all! I mean: it's so easy to find samples from cameranext.apk and FV-5, google cam, and so on but nothing about Color OS, that's really strange...

Anyways, Im not a photographer so please don't kill me because I can't take photos properly :p Im just a noob and want to share the samples with you, that's all!

Here we go!

Color OS sample album:
    http://imgur.com/a/iyOvx

And I compared that to FV-5 camera app which alot of people also say that it's the best camera app for OPO so here you get the comparision:

FV-5 sample album:
    http://imgur.com/a/GuQPp

****************************************************************************************************

All of those photos above were taken in good light condition so now I tested out in VERY extreme low light condition, What I did was lock myself in my room close to midnight. All the curtains were down and I turned off all the lights in the room, and here we got the result:

Color OS:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then I also tried out with only the desk lamp on and turned on the slow shutter mode from Color OS and the result looks like this:

[​IMG]

I was shocked of how sharp the quality was eventhough the light condition was TERRIBLE!!! I swear, it was almost no light in the room at all!

This was how it looked like in reality:
    [​IMG]

And below here is the same shot / same place / same angle - taken with CM11S 38R camera (shutter mode 8 sec, which is the max setting btw, compared to Color OS which has 32 sec (!) as max, dat shutter mode though:

[​IMG]

You see and can compare?
    Another shot taken with CM11S camera shutter mode:
    [​IMG]

Now again, we compare with FV5-camera app. All lights turned off in the room and FV5 is on auto mode with flash on:
    [​IMG]

Color OS camera pictures taken by: @relic242 :

normal
    [​IMG]

32 sec slowshutter:
    [​IMG]

16 sec slowshutter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

32 sec slowshutter:
    [​IMG]

My conclusion from this:

I have to say that I'm surprised of how good the Color OS camera is in the dark, especially with the Slow shutter mode and the RAW-mode. But in daylight, I somehow prefer the FV-5 camera app (this version was a pro version) and I actually forgot to switch on the saving picture in .png format so the quality could even be better!

I'm not so impressed by the CM camera (cameranext) and I think that one only had good HDR pics but otherwise, it's VERY grainy and you need good light condition in order to take nice pics with it.

Google camera app was ok, but still like... so so.. Not too good, but not too bad.

So what do you guys think? Anyone who who are planning to install Color OS just to try out the camera app?

TIPS: Below here is a guide how to install both Color OS and CM 11s on the same phone, you will get the best out of both worlds!
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ere-are-my-samples.176376/page-3#post-8703604

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015

2. madmike95 KitKat Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  3. VanessaRican Gingerbread Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  4. jnh010 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2014

Jak178, Garywehrle and netr0pa like this.
  5. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    And please forgive me that my room looks like crazy but I have to clean it tonight :p

6. Raikon_N Gingerbread Nov 11, 2014

Garywehrle and netr0pa like this.
  7. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    Yeah in low light environment, the color os camera was unbeatable! I don't think there are any other camera apps on playstore that can beat color os cam during the nights!

The CM cam is the worst one to use during nightshots.

Such a pity it's almost impossible to port the color os cam into CM :(

rritambhar and Raikon_N like this.
  8. kuri7650 Gingerbread Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  9. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    Because you to install color os in order to use that app :( it's only made for color os, that's the problem:/

10. kuri7650 Gingerbread Nov 11, 2014

11. sravs448 Froyo Nov 11, 2014

sravs448, Nov 11, 2014 :
    Even I cont find both Color OS and FV-5 app in play store. Can you give any links?

12. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    Color OS camera app, you can only get by installing color os ROM and that was a bit tricky in my opinion because I had to use a modified version which allows TWRP as custom recovery.

FV-5 app , you can find on play store but the pro version is not for free but def. worth the money if you want good pictures during daylight.

The free version of FV-5 is crap! They only allow you to use max 5 mega pixel or something do there is no point unless you just want to get familiar with the program..

Garywehrle and sravs448 like this.
  13. Habs31 Cupcake Nov 11, 2014

Habs31, Nov 11, 2014 :
    Thanks. I've been looking for alternate camera apps. I find my S4 takes better pics than my opo which is a little disappointing.

14. dhavrutsky Froyo Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  15. rritambhar Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  16. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    Yeah, I would def.recommend you to do that cause hardware-wise,OPO has a really good camera compared to other phones but the CM camera doesn't give the phone a fair judgement.

OPO just need a good app to produce nice pictures, that's all!

Thanks brahhhh! :D

17. aakashjhaveri Lollipop Nov 11, 2014

18. netr0pa Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2014

netr0pa, Nov 11, 2014 :
    I'm sorry, my English is not so good but what do you mean with "the flash spoil"?:p

That to have flash on is not good? I'm sorry if I misunderstood

19. aakashjhaveri Lollipop Nov 11, 2014

aakashjhaveri, Nov 11, 2014 :
    i meant was
    flash is too strong on the bottom
    you can see in the 1st one

20. relic242 KitKat Nov 11, 2014

iroyal07, Dfer_D, Xyde and 3 others like this.