2. dasgrischa
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2019

3. nitefox1337
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

李玉章 likes this.
  4. exxpdom
    Donut Nov 16, 2019

exxpdom , Nov 16, 2019 :
    You are not hacking the phone. An option to force 90Hz would do exactly the same as what is accomplished thru adb.

dasgrischa likes this.
  5. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 16, 2019

6. dasgrischa , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 18, 2019 :

nitefox1337

Its not a question. Its a request. I dont want to hack the phone with adb commands.​

It's not hacking, it's just hiden option.

Normally it's a hidden tool for developers, but there are features like this one which is useful for everybody and it doesn't do any damage to the phone, beside you will drain more power because of 90hz always on.

If you don't believe me, then go look it up yourself.

7. Zackeroo
    Froyo Nov 18, 2019

Zackeroo , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I'm pretty sure they doesn't want to go through the hassle of putting in an ADB command to force 90Hz. They seem like they are just a casual user who wants OnePlus to add a built in option to force 90Hz directly from the phone itself.

Me on the other hand uses the force 90Hz from the ADB command quite often... However I disable it occasionally because it uses a lottt of battery. Apprently the Auto90 app (Only 1000 downloads on Play Store) can force 90Hz without the use of a computer. Seems pretty sweet

8. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Nov 18, 2019

9. Zackeroo
    Froyo Nov 18, 2019

10. dasgrischa , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Nov 18, 2019 :
    it is not an adb command, do you unserstand this?

it is buils in, hiden option inside your Phone is not a havk and not a adb command, if you still do not understand this then use google, im done explaining basic things to people who cannot read.

11. Zackeroo
    Froyo Nov 18, 2019

Zackeroo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 18, 2019 :
    Bro. On the XDA website it literally states you have to put in this ADB command and then it will force 90Hz... Plus, the only way to even do this is by using the ADB shell on a computer.

I really didn't want to have to bother to explain this but I guess I have to now. It's not a built in feature in the phone. It was actually just a 'hidden option' which was found by a developer. They realised that between 90Hz and 60Hz there was one more mode which was hidden in the OS. However, there was no way for the user to access this mode so they created a simple ADB command which would allow this.

So yes, it is a hidden setting in the phone BUT it can only be accessed with through use of an ADB command put into an ADB shell