Forget Mr. Number, use Blocklist... ->

1. ByrdDroid
    Froyo Sep 6, 2014

ByrdDroid , Sep 6, 2014 :
    On my old phone, I had the Mr. Number app to block calls from those not in my contacts. I was bummed out when it didn't work the same on the OPO. But I finally found that the OPO had a good call blocker baked into Cyanogen Mod... It just wasn't real obvious.

Here's how to block all unsolicited calls and texts: bring up the phone-> Settings -> Blacklist -> Settings (symbol bottom middle) -> 1) Private Numbers -> Block incoming calls; 2) Unknown numbers -> Block incoming calls & Block incoming texts.

This does the same job as the old Mr. Number app.

2. minducanada
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

minducanada , Sep 6, 2014 :
    what if the hospital calls about a loved one in emergency room, does the phone block that?

mansur.basheer and vmk2310 like this.
  3. Big Ben
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

Big Ben , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Goo
    Good info.

4. ByrdDroid
    Froyo Sep 6, 2014

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

5. aucksy
    Honeycomb Dec 10, 2014

aucksy , Dec 10, 2014 :
    It also has the notification option which notifies and asks you on every new message if you wish to block such sms... but its not working in my phone... is it working for you guys....

I am using Messenger app instead of stock messaging app.... can this be the reason...? I will check that !!

please help

Dorndorff likes this.
  6. WillL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2014

WillL , Dec 10, 2014 :
    The only problem with this app is if people with a mobile decide not to disclose their number when calling you.

7. mansur.basheer
    Froyo Dec 10, 2014

mansur.basheer , Dec 10, 2014 :
    Is that Gwang Soo in your signature.

Based on my opinion, blocking private numbers are a good idea, if someone don't want you to know what is their number than there is no reason for us to also know what they have to say.
    But, unknown numbers, I will leave that unblocked. It is impossible to not have anyone whose number is not saved in your phone calling you.

8. minducanada
    Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2014

minducanada , Dec 10, 2014 :
    yes it is

mansur.basheer likes this.