Fort Worth Repair Center via OnePlus Community App

1. GamingDoggo , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 15, 2021 :
    Hi.

I recently burned the screen on my OnePlus 7 Pro and have sent a repair request to OnePlus. It has been authorized and I have received the shipping label which is going to FIH in Fort Worth, Texas.

I decided to check out what people had to say about that repair center. Almost everyone said it was the worst repair experience they have ever had. I also saw that the dates in which those reviews were posted and most were from 1 to 2 years ago.I wanted to gather some more recent experiences to see how the repair center is and if it is worth the wait and hassle getting your phone repaired at that location. For anyone who has had their phone repaired in the Fort Worth repair center I would like to ask the following:

How was your experience with the Fort Worth Repair Center? Was it good or bad? Would you recommend anyone send their phone over to get repaired?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021

2. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Feb 19, 2021

jayanyway , Feb 19, 2021 :
    Hey! I sent my 8 Pro for burn in and it was a seamless experience for the most part. Now, I did get lucky it seems cause others have had some bad luck. Every service will have horror stories and some people just expect too much so they're constantly disappointed lol. As long as you have another phone to use in the meantime while it's being repaired, you should be good. Just make sure to take photos of your phone front and back before shipping it. Save you a headache if they claim damage.

Another heads up - not sure if the whole TX having power outages would make things a lot worse right now. Something to think about.

GamingDoggo likes this.
  3. GamingDoggo , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 19, 2021 :
    Hi! Thanks for the response.I sent mine in and it has been at the ups facility for a few days. Probably until the snow melts.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021

4. GamingDoggo , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Hi.

My phone has just been delivered in Fort Worth. What should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

5. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Feb 23, 2021

jayanyway , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Now you wait. I say about a day or two you should get an email stating your phone is being returned to you. If they need any additional info from you, they'll call.

GamingDoggo likes this.
  6. GamingDoggo , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Alright thanks I'll keep an eye out. And by any chance, do you when the payment link will be sent?

Thanks in advance.

7. GamingDoggo
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2021

GamingDoggo , Feb 26, 2021 :
    Hi.

Today I checked the status of my repair and it is being sent back to me. The only email I have I have got is about them recieving my phone at their service center. Is everything going as it should?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021

8. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Feb 28, 2021 at 7:17 AM

jayanyway , Feb 28, 2021 at 7:17 AM :
    I've had them email me stating they shipped my device back. You should be getting it soon. Does the status include any tracking?

9. GamingDoggo
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2021 at 4:10 PM

GamingDoggo , Feb 28, 2021 at 4:10 PM :
    Unfortunately it doesn't. The status of it right now is shipped back to customer. Today I received an email telling me that my service request has been completed and to rate their service. That's it. The OnePlus website says to rate as well and that my repair has finished and is ready for shipping. Another question I wanted to ask, do you by any chance know when I'll pay for the repair?

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021 at 6:10 PM

10. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 1, 2021 at 12:48 AM

jayanyway , Mar 1, 2021 at 12:48 AM :
    If it's covered by warranty then you won't need to pay for it. Since they claimed to have shipped it back to you, then that means it was covered under warranty and there's no fee. They won't repair it without you paying first and they would of called you to discuss the fee and if you wanted to proceed with it.

GamingDoggo likes this.
  11. GamingDoggo
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2021 at 1:08 AM

GamingDoggo , Mar 1, 2021 at 1:08 AM :
    Thanks a bunch for the explanation! I really had my doubts that they didn't repair it since they didn't ask me to pay and because of how quickly the repair moved. But it looks like it worked out in the end. I really appreciate your help and explanations. Now just to wait and recieve tracking information. Hopefully my device arrives safe and sound. And again thanks a bunch!

jayanyway likes this.
  12. GamingDoggo
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021 at 3:11 AM

GamingDoggo , Mar 3, 2021 at 3:11 AM :
    Hello.

My phone arrived today repaired and is working great. The device arrived in a new box and was disinfected according to it's pouch. I really appreciate the help you gave me and by answering my questions. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021 at 7:13 AM

jayanyway likes this.
  13. jayanyway
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 4, 2021 at 3:21 AM

14. GamingDoggo
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2021 at 1:04 AM