Fortnite is now available on the Google Play Store. How is your OnePlus device handling the game?

1. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 23, 2020 :
    Actually I wanted to see if it actually consumed 7.8 GB of Mobile Data / WiFi :D
    Not amount of phone storage used since you were clear on that :D
    Indeed it was unpolished back then
    I think it would be playable on OP6 now

Helder_DAlmeida and Cheetosdust like this.
  2. Feroz_Mohammed
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2020

Feroz_Mohammed , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 23, 2020 :
    I still don't think it's optimised well enough for mobile experience.

Helder_DAlmeida and G_plusone like this.
  3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 23, 2020 :
    Just checked and so far it consumed 4.35GB via Wi-Fi. ;)

4. Sachinbrabu
    Donut Apr 23, 2020

Sachinbrabu , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 23, 2020 :
    performance is same like pervious fortnite... many lags,fps drops. some time the fps goes to 74 and suddenly comes to 13.. frames are not constant. even I used low settings and 65% 3D resolution to play, but I can't get constant 60fps or not even constant above 50fps... worst optimised game in playstore for android...

G_plusone likes this.
  5. Aryan Chabra
    Froyo Apr 23, 2020

Aryan Chabra , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2020 :
    android 10 is the worst till yet and is not at all optimised properly for any of the android flagship.....ios does the great job

6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2020

Ah I see ;)
    The extra 3.45 GB might be for Additional game modes or Maps maybe :)
    How much Free Space do you have on your phone ?
    You using Fnatic Game mode right?

7. Aryan Chabra
    Froyo Apr 23, 2020

Aryan Chabra , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2020 :
    man i play pubg mobile and with fnatic mode too phone heats up and ultimately end up lagging a lot..oneplus 7t need an update for the optimisation and stability..and every oneplus 7t user is complaining regarding over heat which is a serious problem for now

8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2020

Fnatic mode or gaming normal too I guess will make for more performance and it will result in heating up and when it heats it will lead to thermal throttling and ultimately phone will lag .

If you play for long it will lag and heat up I guess

9. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2020 :
    So the game isn't well optimized enough which I already knew it wouldn't be.

So, will it be a success? Yes, surely.
    Will it be in the league of games like PUBG and COD? I don't believe so. I don't see it happening in distant future.

And the infamous "30% cut" by Google.

If all other apps have agreed upon doing it, I don't see why any exceptions should be made for a new app such as Fortnite. Instead, I was impressed that Google was adamant on their Terms that they're ready to not have the game on Playstore at all. At the end it had to be Epic games who gave in. Epic has been paying Apple the required fees, the argument being that iOS is more restrictive than Android. That's baseless, if you're paying Apple their cut, you have no right to ask Google to make it free for you.

I was unaffected with Fortnite not being on Playstore, still am unaffected with it arriving to the Playstore.

10. Vibgor
    Eclair Apr 23, 2020

Vibgor , Apr 23, 2020 :
    create a new gmail id and select the country as italy(i took that as an example)
    and try to login and download from playstore..i am getting the option to download using italian account

11. TheGame98
    Eclair Apr 23, 2020

12. B1583223130302
    Donut Apr 23, 2020

13. lvarma1998
    Donut Apr 23, 2020

lvarma1998 , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2020 :
    its great,
    I am using fortnite in my OnePlus7T device past 2 months it's great handling but some heating issues with data files management, i generally play games in my PC and mobile by integrating the a PC game into mobile it's and great idea by epic game,
    I can play same game in my PC and mobile .
    Not like other games which differentiate the mobile game and PC game

Cheetosdust likes this.
  14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 23, 2020 :
    Thank you for the workaround, but I'm from Portugal, so the game is available here :)

Heya,

the best way to let the team know about that is here. However, I do think that's more related to the developers of the games and not exactly OnePlus. ;)

Very nice, which device are you using? :cool:

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  15. Bloodlust
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2020

16. Iamhasannaqvi
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2020

17. MiracleKill
    Donut Apr 23, 2020

MiracleKill , Apr 23, 2020 :
    I already played on Fortnite on my 7T Pro I say it will run smoothly but the Fortnite isn't still optimized therefore I wouldn't recommend to play it on Smartphone.

18. xx._junaid_.xx
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2020

xx._junaid_.xx , Apr 24, 2020 :
    what device to do you have? and does fortnite mobile gives you 60 fps on OnePlus 7t?? please reply.

19. sabir.sayed
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2020

20. DracoPrano
    Eclair Apr 24, 2020

DracoPrano , Apr 24, 2020 :
    well i have been playing or testing this game since its launch on mobile i have OP6T , 6 gb model and this game really hangs a lot even at the lowest setting i have complained to epic games as well but all we get is a new update but issue remains the same . its surprising that epic store said you require min 3 GB of ram ... and by default it takes epic graphics settings after the install. the only solution i have used to overcome this is re-install the game after every update ... lets see how it goes on playstore.

Anybody also faced the same lag/hang?
    or is there any workaround for this?