[Forum Announcement] New and Improved Language/Region Structure

1. Bradon H Honeycomb Oct 9, 2016

Bradon H, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Hey everyone,

Logging into the forums today, you may have noticed something is a bit... different. You're probably seeing threads in dozens of different languages, and there are a bunch of new regional sub-forums. This may all seem a bit confusing, but it's all in the name of making the OnePlus Community a better place to be. So, what's going on? Long story short: language-specific sub-forums are gone forever, and you can now post in any language, anywhere. If that sounds scary, don't panic; read on.

How does it all work?

When posting threads: from now on, every time you make a thread, it will be automatically "tagged" by language. Our algorithm should correctly identify which language you are typing in, but feel free to manually select the correct language if we make a mistake.

4_Threads writing_v2.png
    When viewing threads: you choose your preferred display languages once, and they will be saved to your account. You'll only see threads posted in the languages you choose. In the navigation bar, you can filter by individual languages or choose to see threads in all of your selected languages. You can also change your language/account settings here.

1_The language setting bubble_v3.png

2_Language preferences board_v2.png

3_Language options_v3.png

This means that anyone can post anywhere in any language. From this point forward, we're all sharing the same sub-forums, but you can choose which languages you see. Pretty clever, huh?

If you're having an issue, post your question in the support sub-forums. Want to chat about the OnePlus 3? Post in the OnePlus 3 sub-forum. It doesn't matter if you're posting in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, or any other language.

While language sub-forums are now gone, you'll notice that a select few regional sub-forums still remain. We've added some new ones as well. Here, OnePlus employees will be making region-specific announcements, and community members in these regions can chat about their local communities.

Why is this happening?

Well, a few reasons. First, we hope to simplify the community experience. Right now, we have a lot of sub-forums (over 140 in total), largely as a result of our numerous language sub-forums. It's overly complex and not sustainable in the long run. More importantly though, we want to bring everyone together. We're all one big community, and separating by language just isn't very, you know, OnePlus.

Let us know what you think about these changes. Over the next few days, you might notice some weird things going on, like threads appearing in the wrong sub-forum. Some of your old threads may be in sub-forums that are now hidden. Don't panic! Our staff and moderators are hard at work moving threads to their new homes. This is a pretty big change, so if you see any other weird bugs or issues (or if you have any questions), please let us know in the comments below! Thanks.

Never Settle.

EDIT: Hey guys. We appreciate your patience while we implement this new language system. We know there are some growing pains here, and we've been listening to your feedback. Today, we're implementing a fix to help make navigating the forums easier for non-English languages. Now, if you select a non-English language from the drop-down language selection menu, that setting will remain until changed manually.

Example: If you choose French from the drop-down menu, you will only see French threads across the forums until you change your selection. In a nutshell, the entire OnePlus community will become French-only, much like the French sub-forums before the transition to the new system. This new functionality should make finding non-English content much easier.

Note: For the time being, the home page will continue to show all languages. If you select a non-English language, you may still see official OnePlus announcements in English.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

2. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Ceasedd, Oct 9, 2016 :
    I stand corrected,the forum looks good.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016

3. Tobikage Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Tobikage, Oct 9, 2016 :
    So no more Korean Spam ?

ivan liu, DTONE, Mr. BG and 8 others like this.
  4. Bradon H Honeycomb Oct 9, 2016

Bradon H, Oct 9, 2016 :
    There will always be Korean spam, my friend.

quza, keithnyc, luxuskamel and 14 others like this.
  5. SirBacke Honeycomb Oct 9, 2016

SirBacke, Oct 9, 2016 :
    It's getting even worst. Trying to keep a community together by mixing all languages and countries is totally senseless. This forum has already been an organizational catastroph due to the extremely poor forumsoftware. Now its even a bigger one. There should be completely independent forums by language, operated by independant admins. All other things don't work. It would be that easy guys. There is really good forum software around. Even free. Guys, I know what I'm talking about. I've set up many forums on servers, gave them a thematic structure, administered them and moderated them. Here you are definitively on the wrong way.

bagdada likes this.
  6. SteakHutzee Oct 9, 2016

7. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Ceasedd, Oct 9, 2016 :
    They're just giving you the option to see threads in different languages.

8. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Oct 9, 2016

sunset013, script and Ceasedd like this.
  9. weedee Gingerbread Oct 9, 2016

weedee, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Congrats, this is the last step to completely lose comprehensive view.

scouby999, kaihp and SirBacke like this.
  10. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. Robson Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2016

Robson, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Where do I choose the language I want to see in mobile version?

12. SteakHutzee Oct 9, 2016

Attached Files:

Ceasedd likes this.
  13. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Ceasedd, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Go up to categories,choose which than you'll see the language option. Screenshot_20161009-012410.png

Gonzo01 and Robson like this.
  14. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Ceasedd, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Probably being moved.Give it time.

Deactivated User likes this.
  15. Horsault Marshmallow Moderator Oct 9, 2016

Horsault, Oct 9, 2016 :
    [​IMG]
    Grate job!
    (I mean it)
    I hope some day I'll be able to find again all threads I'm used to follow.
    I hope some day all links inside threads will be set again.
    I hope some day I won't have to get English as default as well as other languages.

16. Tobikage Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Tobikage, Oct 9, 2016 :
    My life would be incomplete without the early morning dose of Korean Spam :rolleyes:
    Its always fun to see how quickly MODs act on the reports :p

ChrisTerp, Gonzo01 and SoniaB like this.
  17. kaihp Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2016

kaihp, Oct 9, 2016 :
    I'm not sure that this is a good idea.

However, could you please correct your spelling mistake? Denmark is called 'Demark'?

Thanks.

SirBacke likes this.
  18. Ceasedd Marshmallow Oct 9, 2016

Ceasedd, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Post it in your native language,just for fun.;)

ChrisTerp, SirBacke and Horsault like this.
  19. weedee Gingerbread Oct 9, 2016

weedee, Oct 9, 2016 :
    I think Oneplus will be busy rearranging the forum, until Oneplus 5 device arrives. No more fixing bugs or new software, any more.

Horsault likes this.
  20. SirBacke Honeycomb Oct 9, 2016

SirBacke, Oct 9, 2016 :
    Wright, and that's really all.
    From a support forum I expect much more. A well structured support forum normally has easily up to 10 or more subforums, whereas some of them have again subforums or at least pinned threads for important themes. Here I get now just an unstructered language chaos or just a mess in one language. It will be totally impossible to find something.

Ceasedd and Horsault like this.