[Forum Announcement] New and Improved Language/Region Structure

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Oct 25, 2016

dsmonteiro, Oct 25, 2016 :
    As this is completely OT, I'll send you a PM explaining how the forums work with this new system.

sfomin likes this.
  2. sfomin Marshmallow Oct 25, 2016

sfomin, Oct 25, 2016 :
    no need. i understand what you are saying... you can hide my OT posts from this thread. [​IMG]

3. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 25, 2016

youbi, Oct 25, 2016 :
    Maybe the word I use was a bit strong :sweatsmile:, what I mean is that in terms of common sense it wouldn't be easy to follow a thread where you had 20 different languages at the same time. :p And what Bradon told was about the sections.

The best thing when seeing that is using the report function. ;) Like you can imagine this is a big forum and we can't follow everything. :sweatsmile:

But like @dsmonteiro told, this is not the right topic for this discussion, if you have have more questions use this one.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...nd-improved-language-region-structure.468923/

sfomin likes this.
  4. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Oct 25, 2016

dsmonteiro, Oct 25, 2016 :
    Now that we're in the right place:

Capturar1.PNG

When you're creating a new thread, you can choose (or it chooses for you) its language. So, threads still have a specific language.

Then, you can choose what languages show when you are in a specific sub-forum. It should happen the same in Recents but it isn't at the moment.

That's why you see so many languages in Recents nowadays. Hopefully it'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

sfomin and youbi like this.
  5. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 25, 2016

youbi, Oct 25, 2016 :
    I moved the offtopic post here. This way you guys can discuss any remaining doubts. :p
    And yes, we agree on that, and like @dsmonteiro said it is already being analyzed.

dsmonteiro and Tobikage like this.
  6. Tobikage Marshmallow Oct 26, 2016

Tobikage, Oct 26, 2016 :
    When will it go into "processing" ? :rolleyes:

theshinybeast likes this.
  7. volteon KitKat Community Expert Nov 7, 2016

Tobikage likes this.
  8. Tobikage Marshmallow Nov 7, 2016

9. Bradon H Honeycomb Nov 9, 2016

Bradon H, Nov 9, 2016 :
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey guys. We appreciate your patience while we implement this new language system. We know there are some growing pains here, and we've been listening to your feedback. Today, we're implementing a fix to help make navigating the forums easier for non-English languages. Now, if you select a non-English language from the drop-down language selection menu, that setting will remain until changed manually.

Example: If you choose French from the drop-down menu, you will only see French threads across the forums until you change your selection. In a nutshell, the entire OnePlus community will become French-only, much like the French sub-forums before the transition to the new system. This new functionality should make finding non-English content much easier.

Note: For the time being, the home page will continue to show all languages. If you select a non-English language, you may still see official OnePlus announcements in English.

pablofg1978, script, youbi and 2 others like this.
  10. Tobikage Marshmallow Nov 9, 2016

11. MAS IV Honeycomb Nov 9, 2016

12. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 9, 2016

youbi, Nov 9, 2016 :
    Great news, this was something really needed. :) Because most non english speaking users were feeling really lost until now.

Keep those improvements coming. :p

meatandy and pablofg1978 like this.
  13. SoulTribunal Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2016

14. volteon KitKat Community Expert Nov 17, 2016

15. G_Toby_B_nhwb Cupcake Nov 18, 2016

16. volteon KitKat Community Expert Nov 30, 2016

volteon, Nov 30, 2016 :
    Not cool, its been nearly two months as of now.

The option should be:
    a.) english only
    b.) regional language only
    c.) english + regional language

The only work around is to add the thread opener of the big non-english threads to the ignore list.
    I've done that, but its still a mess.

17. rwmchan Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2016

18. Bradon H Honeycomb Dec 1, 2016

19. David_Xiang Eclair Dec 1, 2016

20. rwmchan Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2016

rwmchan, Dec 5, 2016 :
    I understand but there is no regional forum for Hong Kong. @Bradon H