Nougat Dec 15, 2016

3. shra181
    Froyo Dec 18, 2016

4. Harrshjoshi
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2017

5. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jul 8, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Just curious. How can you change a thread language? Where can we see it? :rolleyes:

6. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 8, 2019

superplus , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Hi, when you create a thread, it will try to automatically detect the language from the title you've typed. In case you type something generic like "Android 9.0.4" (in this case), it will assume it's English, but you can correct it before finalising the thread (though I guess most users won't notice this):
    Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 13.08.41.PNG
    And to be fair, I've no idea how it works in the app (or if it works at all).

After the thread is created, the user can't change the thread language themselves, a moderator will have to do it if it seems to have been detected incorrectly.

7. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jul 8, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 8, 2019 :
    I think I haven't created any thread, so I wouldn't know:D

But I don't think the other users can see it on the threads.

superplus likes this.
  8. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 8, 2019

superplus , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Nope, but if a thread shows up not on the main page, but in any subforum in a language that's not selected in your language filter, then you can safely assume it was detected incorrectly ;) And seeing a title which could sound English would definitely give a further indication of this. So in those cases you can report for us to change the thread language to the correct one (if it exists in the language filter in the first place).

B_Wrath likes this.
  9. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jul 8, 2019

B_Wrath , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Ah. I have another way to find out. If the Google translate isn't triggered while opening the thread on Google Chrome, but the text is in other language, then the auto detect hasn't worked;)

superplus likes this.
  10. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 8, 2019

superplus , Aug 8, 2019 :
    @Waveform Modifier

noquarter likes this.