[Forum Announcement] Revamped Support Forums

1. jlasensiofi KitKat Nov 9, 2016

2. lolreppeatlol Jelly Bean Nov 10, 2016

3. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Nov 10, 2016

Adam Krisko, Nov 10, 2016 :
    I'm here and working side by side with Bradon I'm just working a bit more behind the scenes than normal. It's just dealing with the beta program is taking up a majority of my time at the moment. Don't worry, you'll be seeing more of me again soon. ;)

jstepa, youbi, josefn24 and 5 others like this.
  4. Bradon H Honeycomb Nov 10, 2016

Bradon H, Nov 10, 2016 :
    I've seen you spouting this same sad story in pretty much every thread I've posted recently. The funny part is that all the threads I've posted lately are improvements implemented as a direct result of listening to the community. But, don't take my word for it; let's see.

- OxygenOS 3.5.x has gone through 6 rounds of open beta. Each round implementing tons of community feedback to the point where the latest version is basically completely shaped by your feedback.

- We just released the Community App on the Google Play store. Again, this went through several rounds of feedback and we completely changed the app based on your suggestions.

- We made improvements to the language structure of the forums, and there was some concern from the community. We implemented fixes within the first months completely based on you guys' ideas and feedback.

- You guys complained about the support forums, so we revamped them. And, much bigger things are just around the corner. Again, completely based on your feedback.

- You guys said we should bring AMAs from reddit to the forums. So, we did.

- You guys said you wanted more contests, so we did a pretty cool one. And we are just about to do another.

And, these are just a few examples from the past week or so. I could go on for hours.

But, yeah man. Totally. It's a shame that we never ever ever ever listen to the community. It must be so hard for you. So sad :(

David Y., lkosova, jstepa and 8 others like this.
  5. meatandy Nougat Nov 10, 2016

meatandy, Nov 10, 2016 :
    Please don't go full @harlekinwashere on us.
    How you doing buddy?

Thanks for the efforts the team has made.

6. Tobikage Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Tobikage, Nov 10, 2016 :
    For the OP2 ? Or the OPX ? I must've missed that one.

Screenshot_20161109-082832.png Stock unmodified Nexus running Nougat.....hit the 3 dot menu button and ↑↑ . I'll stick with Chrome for now.

"Let's force people to see a bunch threads in a language they can't understand or even read and not give them an option to see what they want"

Who came up with that genius idea ?
    It's just annoying to see a few threads clogging up recents in a language we can't understand or even read.

Making some changes and reversing them after there's a majority of people oppose them is just a waste of time.
    Unless you have thought about something a 100% let us know that you're testing something out and not give us the impression of "we made some changes and you're gonna have to live with them".

Still waiting for something that actually helps people out keeping track of their repair process and someone from support actually responds here and can be publicly seen by the community to see how good or bad support is with resolved / unresolved cases.
    Looking forward to that.

As I said , this was suggested quite a few times by MANY (not specifically just by me) people a couple of years ago and no one even bothered to consider it then.

Yeah.....an AMAA......ask me almost anything.
    Looking forward to the new announcements on Facebook and Twitter :rolleyes:

Yeah you did. No question there.

Admittedly you HAVE done a great job so far (honestly) no question there......but you could do better. :)

7. Tobikage Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Tobikage, Nov 10, 2016 :
    Did you just tag and compare the guy who only cares to post walls of text about how everything OnePlus does is crap and how everything in the world is screwed up to @Bradon H ? o_O

8. meatandy Nougat Nov 10, 2016

meatandy, Nov 10, 2016 :
    Nope , Bradon said he could go on for hours and that was my way of saying no thanks.

Mr. BG and Deepak.Si like this.
  9. Tobikage Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Tobikage, Nov 10, 2016 :
    Dare I mention I miss our good friend
    M.JPG :rolleyes:

meatandy likes this.
  10. Mr. BG Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Mr. BG, Nov 10, 2016 :
    Good, we miss that pretty face of yours :D

Adam Krisko and meatandy like this.
  11. Mr. BG Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Tobikage and meatandy like this.
  12. Mr. BG Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Mr. BG, Nov 10, 2016 :
    I missed that , Admins kicking back like a mule, go on @Bradon H :D

meatandy and theshinybeast like this.
  13. Tandro Froyo Nov 10, 2016

Tandro, Nov 10, 2016 :
    I see a best answer here already. :D

14. Sugata Bag Cupcake Nov 10, 2016

Sugata Bag, Nov 10, 2016 :
    Hi,
    this is to bring to your notice that after updating the sms messaging app in OP3 the notification is not working properly. Most of the times I am not getting the notification of sms arrival, however a few times it's working. So bit confused, tried put on the notification triggers for sms messaging but realized that it's always been on.

please try to rectify it.

15. alwayswynne Gingerbread Nov 10, 2016

16. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 10, 2016

Dunnow, Nov 10, 2016 :
    yeah? Is it the bug tracking system that was promised to us months and months ago?

would be about time. About a ******* year late tho. But about time.

17. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 10, 2016

Dunnow, Nov 10, 2016 :
    For only ONE of 4 devices this company sells.

My suggestions? I was never asked. I'm still waiting to be able to hit "post" and the message being sent actually. Or clicking a notification and not getting a blank page. that I have to reload 2 or 3 times before it actually shows content.

Same improvements that caused everyone to use every ******* language they wanted in a single thread? and even your mods came in to say that everyone was able to do so? Even when it's obvious it's not like that? Fix the rules.

And you had to do that because CS is useless, no one from support came to the forums and WE, the experienced users, have to cover YOUR backs.

Instead of teasing "bigger things" do them. @Helen promised much things WAY too long ago to accept this any longer...

No we did not. Once again @Helen promised more. She actually promised a development status update every 2 weeks.

She also promised to do more AMA in here. Forcing us to create accounts in other sites is an insult.

She also promised a bug tracking system

Oh yeah. And to keep up with security patches... where are all of those in OP2?

Try not to make this one a rigged one. Like the "only women" or "only artists" ones? Some that everyone can enter and be confident to get an equal opportunity? what about just doing a raffle and that's it? Would be better than seeing how people that work in graphic design get more opportunities than the ones who don't even have photoshop installed... like the create stickers one remember?

18. KyaNani Honeycomb Nov 11, 2016

KyaNani, Nov 11, 2016 :
    tagging is nice...hope it can be easily understood and implemented...good work keep it up. Cheers!

19. pwseo Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2016

pwseo, Nov 12, 2016 :
    @Bradon H, the problem is that you guys are still very OP3-centric. There's a whole segment of your users that don't have the OP3 and you guys have let down several times.

People with the OPO have tremendous community support (because it's always been like that), but the OP2 has been stagnant and you kind of killed off the OPX development, so I would tread lightly when talking about community feedback and support if I were you, because you surely cannot talk about that in a general way (e.g. latest OPX update still has problems dating back to its launch date, and people have given enough feedback about them already)

Things are much better than before, yes, but there are some irreparable mistakes that'll cost you plenty of trust among your previous buyers.

Regarding everything else you said, you're right, you guys have improved a lot, and overall the forums are much more functional and a nicer place to be (except for all the negativity, of course).

Mr. BG likes this.
  20. Kartik Kashyap Honeycomb Nov 13, 2016

Kartik Kashyap, Nov 13, 2016 :
    just tell me one thing, when is the ******* hone button on the OnePlus 2 will be fixed? it's dead for months now.