[Submitted to Jira] [France][Sosh][OP 5T]Data connectivity loss when switching cells/base

1. AltalUser Donut Aug 25, 2018

AltalUser, Aug 25, 2018 :
    Hello,

I have the same problem with version 5.1.5 on my Oneplus 5t.
    It's hardware or software ?
    Oneplus don't communicate about that ...
    I have a friend who have the same problem with oneplus 5.....

2. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Aug 25, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Aug 25, 2018 :
    Ok they sent me another 5t and I again encountered the drops but a few hours later my phone worked fine except that I am stuck in H+ like the thread zedoki mentioned...

At least now we definitely know that it is not a hardware issue...

3. DELBREUVEFLORENT Donut Aug 25, 2018

DELBREUVEFLORENT, Aug 25, 2018 :
    maybe yes, if it's an issue about their cellular chipset.
    but the issue appear 3-4 month ago.

I think I will "finished" my phone and change manufacturer to Huawei.
    I losted trust in OnePlus and they let customer without answer

4. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Aug 25, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Aug 25, 2018 :
    I forwarded this thread to the support team whom I am in touch for 5 months now asking for an official answer regarding this situation

Zedoki and DELBREUVEFLORENT like this.
  5. AltalUser Donut Aug 26, 2018

6. osd15j Cupcake Aug 27, 2018

osd15j, Aug 27, 2018 :
    I contacted them and they told me that since I bought my op5 on gearbest, I have to deal with gearbest directly !!!
    They also told me they considered it was a hardware issue concerning my phone only !!
    First OnePlus phone for me and certainly the last one !

7. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Aug 27, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Aug 27, 2018 :
    I have no news from them since saturday so I ask them what was their plan concerning this issue right now.
    But I fear the response will be the same : asking for new logs and being patient...
    Oh and the ticket I opened 5 months ago is now 6 pages (180 messages) long and they have done nothing....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018

8. Zedoki Cupcake Aug 27, 2018

Zedoki, Aug 27, 2018 :
    For me, this issue is not easily reproducible, and this is the hardest part.
    I take a bus on my way to work, and walk in my way back. Always the same journey. Sometime, it appears. But there is no apparent trigger, nor any usage pattern. Since I can't log everytime...

I don't know much but since they have access to the baseband firmware they could do a "diff" (I know it's not that easy) to see what change about how roaming between two antennas is handle...

9. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Aug 28, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Aug 28, 2018 :
    Hi,
    I had a response from them (I don't understand why they refuse to post here...):

Please understand that we are making necessary test with your case. It’s just that, it's challenging to replicate the issue since it's dealing with network bands and roaming communication. Rest assured, we are doing our best in finding the suitable fix for your problem.

10. Zedoki Cupcake Aug 30, 2018

Zedoki, Aug 30, 2018 :
    It appeared that I had lost any Internet connectivity on my phone without moving at all (forcing me to go to airplane mode and off).

It happened at a my temporary new place twice. Maybe I'm between antennas...

11. DELBREUVEFLORENT Donut Aug 30, 2018

DELBREUVEFLORENT, Aug 30, 2018 :
    I have the same issue. today I was listening music my phone on the table and the music stoped because no Internet connectivity over 4g.
    I had to put on airplane mode and disable airplane to found again mobile connectivity

Zedoki likes this.
  12. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Aug 30, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Aug 30, 2018 :
    I suggest you to contact the support team about it and send them logs. 6 months with the same bug and 0 progress they are really f****** with us now!

13. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Aug 31, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Aug 31, 2018 :
    When I asked if there were any progress since March:

"I can assure you that there has been a progress on this case with the help of the log you previously provided but we are still on the investigation stage, we can't provide any timeframe yet when we can provide a fix. We will keep you posted if there are updates or advancement on this case."

14. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Sep 3, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Sep 3, 2018 :
    Sorry guys but don't expect anything from oneplus regarding this case: when I asked for more intel about the avancement of their investigation they offered me a full refund. So I guess they finally gave up... Personnally I will take the money and buy a huawei P20 pro and I suggest you to do the same...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018

DELBREUVEFLORENT likes this.
  15. MariePe Cupcake Sep 11, 2018

16. Zedoki Cupcake Sep 12, 2018

Zedoki, Sep 12, 2018 :
    Is it because you stayed on 4.7.5 ROM version?

17. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Sep 28, 2018

JeSuisUnEnfoire, Sep 28, 2018 :
    Hi guys,

Is the problem solved by now?
    Cause I am about to close the ticket about this bug since I got my refund.
    So if you have something to report it is now or never ;)

18. DELBREUVEFLORENT Donut Sep 28, 2018

DELBREUVEFLORENT, Sep 28, 2018 :
    so you received a new phone by OnePlus ?!

19. JeSuisUnEnfoire Froyo Sep 28, 2018

20. DELBREUVEFLORENT Donut Sep 28, 2018

DELBREUVEFLORENT, Sep 28, 2018 :
    so you confirmed that the OnePlus support is a big shit. we have to go to Huawei or Samsung ?!