[Submitted] [France][Sosh][OP 5T]Data connectivity loss when switching cells/base

1. scouby999 Jelly Bean Mar 6, 2019

scouby999, Mar 6, 2019 :
    bonjour, ben bienvenu au club :(

Tente d'ouvrir un ticket auprès du support.

Malheureusement ça ne semble pas résoudre le pb...

La nouvelle mise à jour va peut-être corriger le pb vu qu'ils parlent de correction réseau dans le changelog... cela dit ça ne nous concerne peut être pas !

2. scouby999 Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2019

3. phorensic Cupcake Mar 8, 2019

phorensic, Mar 8, 2019 :
    I have the same problem in America with AT&T. It's not the carrier, it's the Qualcomm modem. I have taken a deep dive into the issue after trying to figure it out for 6 months. I am an Uber driver and I was missing rider requests without knowing it, which means I lost a LOT of money in the last 6 months. The signal strength meter in the status bar is worthless, it shows everything is happy when it is not, and as I know now it is also because they turn on a cheating option to smooth and boost it before it displays (real world RSRP is usually worse than -100 dBm). There is almost no indication at the OS-level or app-level that there is a data problem. After rooting and watching Network Signal Guru while I drive, I believe there is a problem in the hand off (hand over) from cell tower to cell tower. It fails and never recovers. There is also a problem with the phone dropping down to HSPA+ and then sticking to it forever, causing problems once you are back in a strong LTE signal area. All of this results in lost data with little to no user indication.

I have not captured logs, because it is incredibly difficult while working and using the phone as a business tool. However, I will if it means OnePlus development/support team will help me. Although, it looks like they will not based on this thread. The best I have are some screenshots of Network Signal Guru Signaling and Events screens while the problem is happening. I believe if OnePlus worked with Qualcomm to update the baseband (modem) firmware/software they could solve the issue. This will probably not happen because they are focused more on selling new products, rather than supporting old ones. Unfortunately, it looks like they copied the hardware/software in the 6/6T and the problem still exists! So what hardware do I go with now!?

amnay.mo likes this.
  4. phorensic Cupcake Mar 8, 2019

phorensic, Mar 8, 2019 :
    Yes, the new 9.0.4 mentions "Improved network stability", but that is incredibly vague. I am trying to get more information from the developers on what that actually means. It would be nice to see actual code commits that fix the problem. However, I noticed the baseband version in 9.0.4 has not been incremented, so how is it improved? I have to test for another week to see how the situation is going.

5. scouby999 Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2019

scouby999, Mar 15, 2019 :
    Bonjour, mon téléphone est parti au sav.

Il est revenu sans que rien n'ait été fait. Ce n'est pas clair, mais mon tel semble être hors garantie, alors que j'avais donné toutes les infos au SAV avant renvoi du téléphone...

Bon sinon, j'ai mis à jour la dernier version de la rom disponible, j'ai fait un wipe cache et wipe system et le problèmest toujours présent.

OnePlus que comptez vous faire pour nous ?

Hello, my phone is gone to the sav.

He returned without anything having been done. It is not clear, but my tel seems to be out of warranty, while I had given all the information to the service before referral of the phone ...

I updated the latest version of the available rom, I made a wipe cache and wipe system and the problem is still present.

OnePlus what do you plan for us?

6. amnay.mo Froyo Mar 15, 2019

amnay.mo, Mar 15, 2019 :
    How is that possible?

OnePlus 5T has a 2 year warranty, and it was released to public in Nov 2017. There has to be a way for you to claim your rights!

7. scouby999 Jelly Bean Mar 15, 2019

scouby999, Mar 15, 2019 :
    I bought my used phone on Ebay and the previous owner bought it from a Chinese website. So the guarantee is only one year ...

8. scouby999 Jelly Bean Mar 18, 2019

9. scouby999 Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2019

scouby999, Mar 22, 2019 :
    Bonjour, le problème est toujours présent !!!

OnePlus que faites vous pour nous aider ???

Avant hier et hier soir entre 6 et 10 coupures sur un trajet de 20 minutes... :mad:

Hello, the problem is always present !

OnePlus what are you doing to help us ???

Before yesterday and last night between 6 and 10 cuts in 20 minutes ... :mad:

10. N1517518399737 Eclair Mar 23, 2019

N1517518399737, Mar 23, 2019 :
    Bonjour,

Le seul moyen serait d'ébruiter l'affaire... Personne n'aurait de contact dans une association de consommateurs ?

Pour modèle défectueux (vice caché), il faudrait que OnePlus récupère tous les 5, 5T et 6 posant ce problème, car ça mérite clairement un rappel complet car tous les utilisateurs sont totalement lésés à 500-600 euros !

OnePlus ne savent pas ou ne veulent pas réparer, c'est pas notre problème, là nous sommes face à un problème qui touche au fonction de base d'un éléphone (appeler ou être appeler...) !!

Face à une urgence médicale ou technique, attendez je dois mettre en mode avion 30s ou le redémarrer, merci de patienter!!!!! abuser

11. scouby999 Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2019

scouby999, Apr 3, 2019 :
    Bonjour, le problème est toujours présent !!!

OnePlus que faites vous pour nous aider ???

Hello, the problem is always present !

OnePlus what are you doing to help us ???

12. N1517518399737 Eclair Apr 3, 2019

13. mathiaskahn Donut Apr 3, 2019

14. nogencoaster Donut Apr 3, 2019

nogencoaster, Apr 3, 2019 :
    J'ai aussi ce problème depuis que je suis passé de RED à Sosh, je regrette complètement mon changement d'opérateur...

scouby999 likes this.
  15. G_Clément_Contet_DLDx Cupcake Apr 10, 2019

G_Clément_Contet_DLDx, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Hello, I also have this problem since a few months.
    When I need to be sure to be reachable, I force my phone to 3G.
    Please fix the issue!

scouby999 likes this.
  16. noldar_fr Donut Apr 10, 2019

noldar_fr, Apr 10, 2019 :
    J'ai églament toujours le pb, lorsque que cela se produit, je ne peux meme pas envoyer de sms ou passer un appel, inadmissible.

scouby999 likes this.
  17. scouby999 Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2019

scouby999, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Bonjour, j'ai échangé avec un chasseur de bug, je dois faire une procédure avec lui pour lui envoyer des logs de mon tel pour qu'il puisse essayer de comprendre d'où ça vient.

Je vous invite à continuer à poster vos messages ici pour indiquer que vous êtes toujours touchés par le problème afin que le chasseur de bug et OnePlus ne baissent pas les bras.

Merci pour votre aide !

mathiaskahn likes this.
  18. mathiaskahn Donut Apr 11, 2019

mathiaskahn, Apr 11, 2019 :
    I confirm that the problem is still present.
    op5
    mobile operator : Sosh (orange)
    only happens when moving , could be during the switch between one cell to another.

scouby999 likes this.
  19. nos68 Honeycomb Apr 11, 2019

nos68, Apr 11, 2019 :
    I confirm that the problem is still present. ....
    op5 mobile operator : Sosh (orange)

20. nos68 Honeycomb Apr 11, 2019

nos68, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Une honte que ce problème n'a jamais été résolu et ne le sera jamais...