Franco kernel

1. dimovkster
    Gingerbread May 29, 2018

dimovkster , May 29, 2018 :
    Does anyone have some experience with running Open Beta software with Franco kernel on 3T (based on Oreo)? I'd like to know how are the performance and battery life compared to OB with stock kernel.

2. Vrushank07
    Froyo May 29, 2018

3. Afzal Khan
    KitKat May 29, 2018

Afzal Khan , May 29, 2018 :
    First why do you want to change the kernel..I read a post of one senior developer on XDA that kernel is not a thing to play with.
    Second..I am getting 5+ hours of SOT easily any day without any tweak. I am on latest Beta and all stock.

4. dimovkster
    Gingerbread May 29, 2018

dimovkster , May 29, 2018 :
    how are you getting 5+ hours of sit....I can't even get 4 with all stock (I have been able to get easily 4.5h with custom roms)

abiponnappa and AntonioBongco like this.
  5. Afzal Khan
    KitKat May 29, 2018

It differs user to user as it depends on actual individual usability. You can try few points below to see if it improves your battery life-
    1. Switch off WIFI & Bluetooth Scanning from Location (Top right three Dots)
    2. Switch off your location (Use it when needed)
    3. Keep screen brightness @ 30% and don't use Ambient light, Lift up display or any such crap.
    4. Don't use any apps which are not useful to you. Like Antivirus, Cleaner, Scanner, etc.
    5. Don't use FB Chat..instead you can use the browser to read the chats alone. You can use FB though.
    6. DOn't use any gestures except the double tap to wake.
    7. Switch off vibration to touch on keypads. (It takes a lot of power)
    8. Put your phone on Airplane mode when you are in a zone where there is bad reception. (Bad reception is also a major culprit in sucking out the juice).

These are my best settings..Try to do these things and see if it makes any difference.

AntonioBongco likes this.
  6. Vedant620
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2018

Vedant620 , May 29, 2018 :
    I would HIGHLY recommend not switching the location off unless you're at home most of the times as in the rare chance that you lose your phone it CANNOT be tracked, it's an issue I for one am not willing to deal with

7. Afzal Khan
    KitKat May 29, 2018

Yes..sure there is a chance of that. But then this is my personal settings and if anyone would like to follow then one can..nobody is forcing.

EDIT: Your suggestions are welcome too..

8. sammboi101
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2018

sammboi101 , Jun 4, 2018 :
    Franco kernel seems to have great battery life and improves rom performance, you can customise rom settings (I don't recommend it for anyone that doesn't know what they are doing).

9. Moin2200
    KitKat Jun 4, 2018

Moin2200 , Jun 4, 2018 :
    I never noticed any bugs while running both open beta and franco.

He is a very talented developer and he is always prepared for many versions of OOS.

elanglois likes this.
  10. Paschfire
    KitKat Jun 4, 2018

Paschfire , Jun 4, 2018 :
    There's absolutely no danger flashing FK, as long you know what you're doing during the installation process.

FK performs great on the 3T with OOS/Open Beta builds, Performance and Battery.

11. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2018

12. 0slawek
    Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2018

0slawek , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Guess what? Immediately after someone will find ur device your sim card will be removed...